PDA

View Full Version : Guess who? Brain Eating Amoeba.

purplewitch
05-08-18, 21:15
Long time, no see. Honestly these past few months I have gotten over my health anxiety. But it still comes back in waves unfortunately. This time, its very stupid, yet still very worrying. Yesterday I was at a friends house where she has a little above the ground pool,we went swimming in it but when we got out to test the chlorine/pH (she does this like everyday), it turned out we needed more chlorine but the pH was fine. She also said that her pool filter was acting ****y as well and now I am starting to panic over BAE because while the pool water wasn’t murky and it was coldish (BAE like warm freshwater) the chlorine levels were slightly inadequate (according to my friend, she probably said slightly just because she knows I’m a hypo and would worry). Yes, I did get water up my nose. My friend has three kids who always go swimming in this pool and I’m sure they have went in it when the pools chlorine was a little low and thats the only thing thats keeping me from not worrying.

paranoid-viking
05-08-18, 21:22
You know; if all these invisible rabies bat/brain eating amoeba scenarios were as likely as it sounds in the mind of those fearing it; presidents would declare a state of emergency; it would be a mass epidemic on a grand scale; serious meassures would be taken; people would be forced to be inside the house only drinking boiled and heavily cleaned water provied to them by authoritues. Same with rabies; all the dogs in a country would be shot; and people would have to stay inside houses hermetically protected from any chance of a bat flying nearby and the United Nation would have immediate crisis meetings on how to deal with the mass epidemics of rabies and brain eating amoebas. This is how things would be if your fears had been based in reality. A good plot for some of those disaster movies that comes from Hollywood; The day after tomorrow and such.

Are you getting help for your anxiety?