PDA

View Full Version : Swelling above collarbone???

anthony43
05-08-18, 23:01
Hi everyone I had this issue for a year and a half. It's very strange the lumps above my collarbone only appear when I lift my arms horizontal or I pull both shoulders back with my arms raised. It's like I can make the lumps appear. When my arms are down it's normal. They are soft and quishy the right is a little larger than the left but like the size of a golf ball. Dr. wasn't worried but scheduled a CT scan and blood test and they both showed nothing abnormal or any enlarged lymph nodes. I constantly think the Dr's looked at the wrong scan bc I can't understand how its nothing, especially after googling "swelling above collarbone" and seeing all the results. Does anyone else have this issue when raising arms or like hunching shoulders back? I can't figure it out and don't want Dr's to think I am crazy. Any thoughts I'd appreciate!

Fishmanpa
05-08-18, 23:13
Dr. wasn't worried but scheduled a CT scan and blood test and they both showed nothing abnormal or any enlarged lymph nodes..... Any thoughts I'd appreciate!

That says it all. What you perceive as enlarged and a threat is medically nothing :shrug:

Positive thoughts

anthony43
05-08-18, 23:22
It is there though...it's not like its in my head. The weird thing is I can make it appear. It's hard not to worry when i see it but Dr's say its nothing. Thank you for the reply. Doesn't anyone else have this issue when raising arms?

Fishmanpa
05-08-18, 23:27
I'm a Stage IVa Head and Neck cancer survivor. Enlarged glands don't require contorting your body into positions no person does under normal circumstances, I assure you.

Positive thoughts

anthony43
05-08-18, 23:37
Thank you for your reply I really appreciate it. And very glad to hear you are are ok.

Leslie735
06-08-18, 13:36
I think I gave what you are talking about. I ha e them in both sides but the one in the right is more prominent. It's like the size of golf balls on each side up by the base of my neck but in the collarbone area. Mine go away when i.lift my arms/,shoulders but are there with arms down. I think it's just fat honestly.