PDA

View Full Version : Quit ocd an forum

phil06
05-08-18, 23:11
I’ve had to quit another forum as they are telling me to believe Solipsism is true and I am the only one to stop me thinking as deep they also told me with my letter box worry to lick the letter box and put my hand down toilet and touch door so I feel this forum isn’t helpful.

The site is called OCD uk not sure if anybody has used it but it doesn’t help I find this forum helps more and people are more understanding. Anybody here used ocd uk?

I will continue with my therapy but I may avoid this above forum dpself help
Is another I’ve had mixed experiences of it.

nomorepanic
05-08-18, 23:44
I know OCD UK and I did wonder how long you would be on there as I know they challenge constant posting like you do on here and do not allow it.

They challenge you and make you look at ways to get over OCD and not dwell on it.

On here you do seem to get away with a lot of posts and yet not doing anything to move on and get over OCD. I am not saying it is easy but I feel you are less challenged on here and maybe you need to be challenged more.

phil06
06-08-18, 00:14
I know OCD UK and I did wonder how long you would be on there as I know they challenge constant posting like you do on here and do not allow it.

They challenge you and make you look at ways to get over OCD and not dwell on it.

On here you do seem to get away with a lot of posts and yet not doing anything to move on and get over OCD. I am not saying it is easy but I feel you are less challenged on here and maybe you need to be challenged more.

I’ve tried a few forums but either get no replies or ones like on here. And that’s they don’t like the subject I had a topic going for a month but it was going round in circles and they felt I could just forget the thoughts easily.

I just feel here there’s more understanding wouldn’t say not challenged but some of the responses like touching toilets for the sake of it I found bit much. Or licking the letter box.

A few weeks back I said I would quit that forum but think it’s better to now it was actually more this forum and a few regulars who encouraged me to go down the therapy route.

nomorepanic
06-08-18, 00:16
Well to be honest you don't seem to challenge yourself very much and don't seem to want to get better and I know some forums will not allow that negativity over and over.

Only you can do this and posting constantly on a forum is not helping to be honest.

MyNameIsTerry
06-08-18, 02:07
They seem to be going for the old fashioned "flooding" approach to exposure therapy which isn't as good as ERP. I'm surprised if their Admin think it is given clinical evidence suggests not.

Don't worry about that, in ERP such a step normally comes at the end as it's seen as a step beyond what is reasonable for a non anxious person.

If things are going around & around you might find it's even about frustration from other members. It happens on here, people forget they aren't your therapist or your loved ones and sometimes want to fix people or just lose patience.

As for agreeing with Solipsism what they should mean it's to agree with the thoughts so you stop fighting them and your reactions are reduced away from fear. It's uses in therapy but what often isn't explained properly, from my experience seeing it recommended on forums, is that you are agreeing with thoughts to reduce their power rather than trying to change your beliefs to accept they are "the real you".

phil06
23-08-18, 18:32
I have finally quit ocd uk after a few more nasty posts one was removed as it was so nasty so I won’t be using it now.

It’s a shame because I felt I could use these sites for support for my ocd however I believe it’s actually making me feel worse when people are nasty.

Hope I’m not the only one who has had issues with ocd uk?

nomorepanic
23-08-18, 18:36
Have you contacted Ashley the owner about it Phil?

phil06
23-08-18, 22:08
Have you contacted Ashley the owner about it Phil?

Yes I told them to remove my account the moderators seem to think it’s ok and it’s me with the issue

I think I just have to quit that particular forum and move on really if the support there isn’t good.

KK77
23-08-18, 22:15
Yes I told them to remove my account the moderators seem to think it’s ok and it’s me with the issue

I think I just have to quit that particular forum and move on really if the support there isn’t good.

I think NMP members are very tolerant compared to many other forums - even though we sometimes get slated for being too harsh or "blunt" :lac:

pulisa
24-08-18, 08:39
I think NMP members are very tolerant compared to many other forums - even though we sometimes get slated for being too harsh or "blunt" :lac:

I agree, KK. Constructive support can appear harsh but I suspect it's not something you want to read, Phil?

pulisa
24-08-18, 19:53
I've read some of your threads on the OCD UK forum and all I can say is that you've had a lot of extremely supportive and helpful responses. These responses also point out how pointless it is to post repeatedly about the same issues and then ignore any advice which might challenge your OCD.

What do you actually hope to gain from posting on forums such as these?

phil06
24-08-18, 22:10
I've read some of your threads on the OCD UK forum and all I can say is that you've had a lot of extremely supportive and helpful responses. These responses also point out how pointless it is to post repeatedly about the same issues and then ignore any advice which might challenge your OCD.

What do you actually hope to gain from posting on forums such as these?

Yes doesn’t explain the posts the admin removed as they were rude and also the forum made me feel a lot worse.

If it was helping I wouldn’t be quitting and it’s funny I am also on Dpself help for depersonalization and again that’s more helpful.

MyNameIsTerry
25-08-18, 02:13
I'm afraid it's what can happen, Phil. It happens on here. People have been banned for it, some have left because of being on the end of it.

I think because you have threads that are repetitive, show little movement and ask the same questions a lot some people will get frustrated and break site rules in expressing that. It certainly happens on NMP. And I suspect if your threads were on the HA board you would have been on the end of this behaviour as it's been happening all the time I've been on here.

Unfortunately some people struggle to make progress and confront their fears. I know because I'm one of them. The difference is because I don't need to talk about, I'm not going to get any frustration back. When frustrated people need to take a step back and think first because it's just words on a screen, not a loved one. It can be hard with mental health issues because we are prone to irrational outbursts so you have to make some allowances for both sides of it all but you will always find unpleasant people on the internet anywhere you go just as you do in real life and unlike real life it's much easier to attack people on a screen than when there are the consequences real life brings.

Write it off as a bad experience. It doesn't have to reflect on the forum itself unless the Admins do not stick to their own respect rules as it is often about the members.

pulisa
25-08-18, 13:10
Maybe just have a read again of what the Site's Admin has posted re your take on negative posts?

From what I've read it seems like an excellent site for sufferers of OCD because Admin intervene and offer excellent advice to people who are struggling to accept that they need to modify their mindset in order to make any progress at all to manage what is a very complex and distressing condition.

If people get frustrated it is because they want to help you as Admin has pointed out. Admin doesn't see support as offering endless reassurance and comforting words.

phil06
18-09-18, 20:19
Just want to update on this I have decided after some thought to quit/take a break from this site. As you know I quit OCD UK but I was only a memeber there for under a year however I have been here since 2006 however the quality of replies and nature of the replies.

If anybody wants to know why I am quitting read these threads

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=133708&page=18

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=219288&page=11

And yes it is because of only a few member posts however these posts set me back and my anxiety and depersonlzation and deep psychology worries got worse. I've not really posted in the last week or so but that's because I'm on the road to a better place. I will continue with therapy but it's not really working.

I have been on here along time and never felt like quitting however I have seen a rapid change on this board and other sites basically where people are allowed to post unhelpful stuff and social media is just as bad. And sadly they can get away with making people feel worse so this is why I'm afraid I'm quitting.

I won't go into it any further but wish everybody best of luck in there recovery from anxiety.

Scass
18-09-18, 20:47
Personally I don’t see a problem. Some people have spent a lot of time responding to you - especially Pulisa, and I see nothing wrong in her responses.

However, you just seem to be going round in circles, so maybe a break would be helpful for you. Wishing you lots of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyNameIsTerry
19-09-18, 02:37
I'm not really sure what you are referring too. I'm aware some comments can be inflammatory and arguments occur on here but haven't seen that on your threads for a while and not in those two threads either :unsure:

But I hope you find success in your therapy and anything else you try to overcome this and wish you all the best for the future. You can get better, phil.

pulisa
19-09-18, 20:35
It's always a gamble asking for advice on forums and sometimes difficult interpreting responses which may or may not be helpful. What helps one person may be completely unhelpful for another-it would be much less complicated if there were a Rule Book we could all try to follow. I think there are some basic "rules" to help manage OCD and trying to keep anxiety levels manageable is certainly one of these but it's down to daily management when you have had OCD for many years..

I wish you all the very best, Phil and I am so sorry if I have posted anything that upset you. I'm hardly a success story myself.

KK77
19-09-18, 21:07
I have nothing but empathy for your daily struggle and plight, Phil, but have personally found your attitude to be somewhat obstructive and negative. Of course this is partly due to your OCD and other issues, but being here so long and frequently appearing to be moving backwards has frustrated members who want to see you moving forwards with your life after being on this forum for so long now. Remember, we also have our own crosses to bear.

I wish you all the best in your journey - and also marriage.

phil06
18-11-18, 18:50
I have quit another forum non anxiety based due to people trolling me and being rude as they don’t like my opinion on some stuff.

Anybody else had these issues and is it best to quit when people are making you feel worse?

nomorepanic
18-11-18, 19:06
You seem to quit a lot of forums Phil - are you sure it isn't you that is in the wrong?

Mav
18-11-18, 20:21
Ive never made an account on there but I have read a few threads and I did find that people are far more understanding here

MyNameIsTerry
19-11-18, 02:24
You seem to quit a lot of forums Phil - are you sure it isn't you that is in the wrong?

To be fair he did say a non anxiety based forum. Whilst it could be an unwillingness to accept what others say, as has been mentioned in his threads (perhaps an avoidance issue?), you know what regular forums can be like with name calling and vile members.

nomorepanic
19-11-18, 23:47
I am not a member of any other forums so don't know but my point was that Phil seems to leave a lot of forums, anxiety ones or not.

Scass
20-11-18, 07:26
I have quit another forum non anxiety based due to people trolling me and being rude as they don’t like my opinion on some stuff.

Anybody else had these issues and is it best to quit when people are making you feel worse?

Yes it’s absolutely a good idea to quit somewhere that makes you unhappy.

phil06
26-01-19, 22:12
I quit another forum today as a forum I go on shut down and some members moved to another forum and they were trolls.

It’s not ocd based instead a football forum but it concerns me I am allowed to relieve abuse and question my intelligence and also swear. I thought stuff like that was strict online and had to moderate bullying

MyNameIsTerry
27-01-19, 01:38
Depends where you go, phil. I can imagine a footie forum being like down the match or the pub but perhaps without the consequences of getting smacked in the mouth?

If forums can exist for racism to be promoted or sexual abuse & violence against women, swearing and abuse can certainly.

How do you moderate the internet? If something happens to someone on your site then the law may have grounds to intervene if they are able to be classed as in your jurisdiction. Advertising is often self regulated but they won't touch people outside their home country so sellers just promote from abroad knowing it will be harder for them to do anything.

pulisa
27-01-19, 13:51
I belong to a football forum and it's a different world from here!

---------- Post added at 13:51 ---------- Previous post was at 13:44 ----------

I'm very sorry you were verbally abused, Phil. I'm afraid it happens on these forums where moderation is "light". It shouldn't be tolerated though.

phil06
07-04-19, 16:33
I have since quit this forum a second time due to being silenced on it and closing topics it would seem some people don’t want to read about your issues.

They were pushing CBT despite me paying for 8 sessions and it never worked well for me. I have read it’s not worked for other people too. I explained I can’t afford anymore CBT.

nomorepanic
07-04-19, 16:52
If you don't make an effort on there they will do this Phil. You have to be seen to making steps to overcoming your OCD.

phil06
07-04-19, 16:56
If you don't make an effort on there they will do this Phil. You have to be seen to making steps to overcoming your OCD.

Yes I don’t understand why they have that approach I don’t think it’s helpful they accused other members of keeping a diary too.

nomorepanic
07-04-19, 17:17
They want people to get better and not keep posting the same worries over and over so they put a stop to it when they see a pattern.

KK77
07-04-19, 17:38
That forum hasn't closed your thread - they've "locked" it temporarily - and I think the mod was polite, understanding and explained reasons.

The problem is that you keep repeating yourself re the same issues, even though people have answered and given advice.

Scass
07-04-19, 18:10
I have since quit this forum a second time due to being silenced on it and closing topics it would seem some people don’t want to read about your issues.

They were pushing CBT despite me paying for 8 sessions and it never worked well for me. I have read it’s not worked for other people too. I explained I can’t afford anymore CBT.

I’ve had cbt and it didn’t work for me because I was in the wrong place in life. It was a few months after my Dad had died and I don’t think I was coping with that very well. But I tried again, and I will continue to try again.
I think that the problem Phil is that you make excuses for your ocd and anxiety, and for the reasons you don’t try to help yourself through it.

Other people do this too, I have done. But you don’t seem to be willing to take advice or try and help yourself. Can you see how frustrated that may make some people feel?

phil06
07-04-19, 19:42
Yes I am struggling with my ocd right now the most popular themes is toilet brushes/plungers/worry’s I have pood myself
or peed myself. I often have thought I never washed my hands after the toilet and such.

So yes it’s difficult as I find many items dirty due to these thoughts.

BlueIris
07-04-19, 19:47
What are you doing to try and overcome these challenges, Phil?

nomorepanic
07-04-19, 19:50
You have been here 13 years and I have not seen anything change to be honest and no progress made.

pulisa
07-04-19, 19:51
It appears that you don't understand why people are frustrated by your blanking of advice and repetition of issues and this is probably the major stumbling block with therapy.

phil06
07-04-19, 20:17
It appears that you don't understand why people are frustrated by your blanking of advice and repetition of issues and this is probably the major stumbling block with therapy.

Perhaps some people can’t recover?

KK77
07-04-19, 20:27
Perhaps some people can’t recover?

That's the easy way out.

I don't know about "recover" but you can definitely get better. However, you won't know if you don't try.

pulisa
07-04-19, 20:43
You have to listen to what is advised and not just dismiss it and move on with your agenda of repetition . If you don't understand what is being said then you need to explain this to your therapist.

MyNameIsTerry
08-04-19, 02:17
Phil,

Like has been said you don't show a lot of movement in recovery. I do feel we need to remember your GP isn't helping you and neither is your psychiatrist and being in Scotland you don't have the luxury of the fast access to IAPT like many do. However your psychiatrist did offer you a route and perhaps you should try it?

Sadly, we get into the old issue of member frustration. If you are a reassurance seeker you will post a lot more than an avoider. It highlights any lack of movement when really we have people who say they've been suffering far longer than you...they just don't talk about it. We need to remember this and not invest too much energy in frustration because at the end of the day we are all just false names on a screen and there is an x we can click if we don't want to read something. I guarantee you that if you wrote all this offline no one would even raise things about your length of time struggling because they don't about most of the others on here who just don't post much. Who knows who they are if they don't say? But when you do post people see it as you wanting their energy involved in helping so they feel some investment in you and if they haven't reached a point of acceptance themselves that we need to prevent ourselves feeling drained, things like this happen (and in anxiety we do struggle with learning to accept what we can change, what we can't and what we shouldn't bother with). It's a never-ending issue in places like this with the churn.

But you do need to work on your acceptance of your mental health issues. You say the compulsions aren't working to reduce your anxiety anymore but don't seem to want to acknowledge that compulsions are as basic as OCD gets in terms of understanding what you need to stop.

There are things you've had successes with, I've seen you mention things like reducing the number of times you got out of the shower to wipe. But you need to keep doing it and working on the others too.

phil06
23-04-19, 17:40
I will be quitting these fourms next I never never returned to the other ones. My topic was merged then locked again I have been silenced on here.

You can remove my account.

KK77
23-04-19, 17:44
I will be quitting these fourms next I never never returned to the other ones. My topic was merged then locked again I have been silenced on here.

And that's GRATITUDE for you folks!

The End :D

phil06
23-04-19, 17:47
And that's GRATITUDE for you folks!

The End :D

Silenced on two forums and nobody bats an eye lid that sums things up. Sadly these forums have gone downhill so the best way is I leave these forums for good.

Scass
23-04-19, 18:34
Silenced on two forums and nobody bats an eye lid that sums things up. Sadly these forums have gone downhill so the best way is I leave these forums for good.

I’m not sure what you want from us, we do try and help you Phil but you don’t seem willing to help yourself, and we can’t do it for you. There is no magical quick fix.
I wish you luck in the future, and with your wedding. I hope your married life is a long, healthy & happy one.

Carys
23-04-19, 19:16
Phil, why don't you ask admin why your thread was locked and/or merged? (I don't know the answer by the way, but they must have their reasons) I can see that lots of your threads are still open and not locked, infact most of them......

....but Phil, the threatening to leave thing, surely that only hurts you?

I don't think anything has gone downhill, I just think you aren't getting the replies you want.

SAdly your reply saying you were quitting the forums came straight after Terry went to lengths to reply to you with a fair amount of compassion.

Fishmanpa
23-04-19, 19:32

On the contrary, it might be for the best as words on a screen cannot make someone help themselves and ultimately, that's what has to happen in real life. Not being on the forum could be the catalyst needed to do so.

Positive thoughts

Carys
23-04-19, 19:51
I see what you are saying and I get it, but, let me clarify further........I don't like this 'I'm threatening to leave thing', as if it will be detrimental to the community. I suspect, Phil, if he does leave, will move on to another forum rather than take on board the points that have been made to try and get him to take action. This set of forums can be a great positive place to assist with recovery, and if there are no other methods Phil is employing to understand his condition, then this would be the only place that could possibly give that insight. The insight has been provided many times, on many threads, by many people and I feel he will go looking for the 'magic answer' elsewhere. Community and professional link help has been provided, by venus and many others with lots of ways for Phil to move forward. He has chosen not to follow those through and I think by moving on to another set of forums he will set himself back to the start again - rather than where we have all ended up now, really understanding the situation. I'm babbling, but I know what I mean, if the motivation isn't already there it won't be found by not being on the forum....lol

Fishmanpa
23-04-19, 19:55
I hear you. Sadly, some are just destined to chase the wind.

Positive thoughts

Carys
23-04-19, 19:57
Yep, agreed.:winks:

nomorepanic
23-04-19, 20:01
Good luck Phil with the next forum you move on to.

If you want the account closing we will do it within 24 hours so let us know.

phil06
23-04-19, 20:29
Phil, why don't you ask admin why your thread was locked and/or merged? (I don't know the answer by the way, but they must have their reasons) I can see that lots of your threads are still open and not locked, infact most of them......

I don't think anything has gone downhill, I just think you aren't getting the replies you want.

SAdly your reply saying you were quitting the forums came straight after Terry went to lengths to reply to you with a fair amount of compassion.

Yes you are correct however my post was merged and closed down without reason. It was that kind of heavy handed moderation which is why I quit the other ocd forum and I shall not return. When I requested one of my topics was closed on here they refused.

I do agree though I have already started using another forum though hence why I am here less. It would be a shame to have to leave but it would only be due to moderation and a select few who steered my stag party topic off the topic and got personal.

I have explained my situation plenty. I have had private Cbt therapy which ended in February and I explained how I can’t get any for free. I have been looking at alternative Cbt but I have found prices have risen including the one I was seeing and I have no funds for a few months to afford further Cbt

Carys
23-04-19, 20:37
Yes you are correct however my post was merged and closed down without reason.

There will be a reason, why not ask admin.

I do agree though I have already started using another forum though hence why I am here less.

WOw Phil, you got there even earlier than I expected :roflmao:At what point Phil, and this is not meant aggressively, do you consider properly why you keep having to move forums ? (and blaming it on others) I've gone back to read the start of this thread (its interesting, you should read from the start), which was last August, and you say you've tried a few forums but they don't seem to last long. My suggestion is - whenever it reaches the point of really challenging your thought processes, you move on. It takes people quite a few months to 'get to know you' and your posts, and then once they do and start really trying to get you to think about you OCD and addressing it, you don't like what they say and move on.

phil06
23-04-19, 20:44
There will be a reason, why not ask admin.

WOw Phil, you got there even earlier than I expected :roflmao:At what point Phil, and this is not meant aggressively, do you consider properly why you keep having to move forums ? (and blaming it on others) I've gone back to read the start of this thread (its interesting, you should read from the start), which was last August, and you say you've tried a few forums but they don't seem to last long. My suggestion is - whenever it reaches the point of really challenging your thought processes, you move on. It takes people quite a few months to 'get to know you' and your posts, and then once they do and start really trying to get you to think about you OCD and addressing it, you don't like what they say and move on.

Im not sure because it’s only been in past few months I’ve had to quit forms

I have no idea what solution is I can safely say the other forum I have been quickly forgotten about they don’t care how I am.

nomorepanic
23-04-19, 21:05
I don't think Phil is talking about posts on here.

He asked for one to be closed and I think Elen did close it but nothing more.

Carys
23-04-19, 21:08
Oh ? Ey ?

My topic was merged then locked again I have been silenced on here.

Fishmanpa
23-04-19, 21:11
I've found him on several OCD sites posting the same things (and getting the same replies). Must get confusing I guess :wacko:

Positive thoughts

phil06
My post on here was merged and locked today. I requested the stag night one would be closed weeks back.

phil06
I've found him on several OCD sites posting the same things (and getting the same replies). Must get confusing I guess :wacko:

Positive thoughts

I don’t get get same replies

phil06
23-04-19, 21:25
I will stay on these fourms if people still think I can benefit from the forum

Fishmanpa
23-04-19, 21:28
This sounds familiar as do dozens and dozens of other replies :whistles:

Phil, Phil, Phil. You just said to us that you keep doing this thing and it's not working... it's making you worse. Then why in the world do you keep doing that thing?
Stop Googling!

You have described your worries in great detail in this thread and others. Doing so is a compulsion, as Orwell and others are pointing out. It is not helping you to do this, in fact its helping make things worse. If you want to get better you need to start taking actions to do so, and one of the most important is to start fighting back against your compulsions. That includes these detailed ruminations about the specifics of your fears. The contamination isn't real, no matter how much you describe it to us that won't change. You need to ask yourself what you are going to do about your compulsions to get better.

Phil there is no way on the planet that your partner or anyone else in this situation would bend to your/OCD’s will of doing things its way. Now you’re bullying your partner giving her the silent treatment . There is no excuse for this. Would you want to marry you??????

Just saying :whistles:

Positive thoughts

Carys
23-04-19, 21:35

DO YOU think you can benefit ?

I personally think you can benefit if you really listen to advice.

venusbluejeans
23-04-19, 21:52

Which thread did we lock? I can't think that we have any... merged yes, not closed.

venusbluejeans
23-04-19, 21:55
You will only benefit from forums IF you listen to advice given and use it alongside actually helping yourself and not blaming others on the forum for you not getting any better.....

Your recovery is down to you and no one else, other people can only give you advice.. it is up to you if you take that advice... but remember you will only get any better if you are proactive in your recovery which currently you really don't seem to be!

Fishmanpa
23-04-19, 21:57
You will only benefit from forums IF you listen to advice given and use it alongside actually helping yourself and not blaming others for you not getting any better..... your recovery is down to you and no one else.

:yesyes: That's it, plain and simple.

Positive thoughts

Carys
23-04-19, 22:00
Which thread did we lock? I can't think that we have any... merged yes, not closed.

'False OCD thoughts'...maybe it was the wrong one accidentally closed, as Phil asked for one closed and then this one was instead?!

phil06
23-04-19, 22:09

The false thought topic just below

venusbluejeans
23-04-19, 22:26
'False OCD thoughts'...maybe it was the wrong one accidentally closed, as Phil asked for one closed and then this one was instead?!

Thank you for that Carys :) I will explain now why I was confused.....

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Carys https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1870019#post1870019)
Phil, why don't you ask admin why your thread was locked and/or merged? (I don't know the answer by the way, but they must have their reasons)

The answer is the following x

Yes you are correct however my post was merged and closed down without reason. It was that kind of heavy handed moderation which is why I quit the other ocd forum and I shall not return. When I requested one of my topics was closed on here they refused.

Now this has made me really quite annoyed and I really should take my own advice and step away from the thread BUT yes I have looked and we closed that thread because Phil asked us too!!!

He then blames the admins for silencing him by closing the thread!!

Sorry Phil but you need to take responsibility for your own actions and your own recovery. stop blaming others for your failure to recover.

I normally wouldn't do this as it is from the admins view but this is Phils request to close the thread that he is accusing the admins of silencing him by closing.....

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/57544620_875865859472408_9179977937858854912_n.png ?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=9844c9964cbc55992997ceca688c91ae&oe=5D70C98A

phil06
23-04-19, 22:37
Seems to be some confusion yes perhaps I did request to close it probably a few weeks ago but the topic was merged today the topic I posted today could have stayed open rather than merged then closing the other one wasn’t an issue. The issue I had I couldn’t talk about as the topic was merged in and later closed.

venusbluejeans
23-04-19, 23:03
https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?229366-Dirty-laundry-germs

phil06
23-04-19, 23:08
https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?229366-Dirty-laundry-germs

Thanks for correcting can’t reply to it as it’s closed that one though

Carys
23-04-19, 23:47
So you asked for a thread to be closed, and it was. Hardly heavy-handed moderation is it ! Why presume people are trying to silence you Phil...you have STACKS of threads running here, loads and loads and to be honest with you, as has been said before, they are not individual topics anyway as they are all part of the same picture. I think an apology would be in order, don't you.

MyNameIsTerry
24-04-19, 02:18
Thank you for that Carys :) I will explain now why I was confused.....

The answer is the following x

Now this has made me really quite annoyed and I really should take my own advice and step away from the thread BUT yes I have looked and we closed that thread because Phil asked us too!!!

He then blames the admins for silencing him by closing the thread!!

Sorry Phil but you need to take responsibility for your own actions and your own recovery. stop blaming others for your failure to recover.

I normally wouldn't do this as it is from the admins view but this is Phils request to close the thread that he is accusing the admins of silencing him by closing.....

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/57544620_875865859472408_9179977937858854912_n.png ?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=9844c9964cbc55992997ceca688c91ae&oe=5D70C98A

You don't need to prove this to us, it's between you and the requestor. If you post on here saying you have done xyz then whether we agree with you, we have to accept you have.

And there has been confusion over what closing a thread means. Nic advised phil he could do it and I queried that as we can only delete threads and I assumed he meant a thread closure which is for you guys. Nic did clarify that.

I'm not surprised about the confusion though because this has been posted about across several threads now and gets less clear every time it comes up.

Phil, many of us have spent time answering your posts. Whilst you may have issues with some you perceive are not beneficial to you don't you think it's best to take things on balance? Why disregard the rest because of a few? It's an emotional overreaction to something and part of that will likely be because of your mental health, something you can try to correct. But I think you need to consider your perception of things because all this silencing you are talking about is absolutely not what we are seeing and Admin are doing things with your threads they do with everyone else on here.

And remember, some on here have posted on your threads for years. There is only so much that can be said when the same issues are under discussion. Some on here get very few replies compared to ones like this.

Carys
24-04-19, 07:52
Yeah, and everyone on here gets no replies, and never has, from Phil! Phil, its always been 'take take entitled take', you need help not just with your OCD issues but with understanding the emotions and needs of other people. Right, seriously hormonal me (LOLOLOL) is now leaving this before I go ......*insert explosion emoticon*

phil06
24-04-19, 07:56
The other topic is open again so I apologise for the confusion I shall post over there as that’s my current issue

Elen
24-04-19, 08:06
Hi Phil

It was myself that merged your thread as it was on the same subject.

Apologies I did not realise that the thread that it was merged with was closed.

I have now re-instated the original thread and you should be able to post.

This is one of the reasons we do not like closing threads if they are part of a recurring theme.

No-one is out to get you and a quick word with admin would have sorted this out.

Elen

KK77
24-04-19, 13:10
No-one is out to get you and a quick word with admin would have sorted this out.

Elen

Exactly! You should have contacted Admin and avoided a hissy fit thinking you were being victimised, Phil.

Anyway, back to usual posting biz I suppose :whistles:

MyNameIsTerry
24-04-19, 13:32
Hi Phil

It was myself that merged your thread as it was on the same subject.

Apologies I did not realise that the thread that it was merged with was closed.

I have now re-instated the original thread and you should be able to post.

This is one of the reasons we do not like closing threads if they are part of a recurring theme.

Elen

A fresh toilet germs thread when we have a long running OCD board thread where much of the discussion has been about toilet germs and another one on the GAD board.

Merging was surely an acceptable action.

MyNameIsTerry
24-04-19, 13:32
Yeah, and everyone on here gets no replies, and never has, from Phil! Phil, its always been 'take take entitled take', you need help not just with your OCD issues but with understanding the emotions and needs of other people. Right, seriously hormonal me (LOLOLOL) is now leaving this before I go ......*insert explosion emoticon*

:sofa:

MyNameIsTerry
24-04-19, 13:45
The other topic is open again so I apologise for the confusion I shall post over there as that’s my current issue

It's a reoccurring issue. We've discussed it all many times on both the long running OCD thread and the GAD one. Has all that advice now been lost? Are we back at the start again?

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?209080-Can-anybody-recommend-a-wash-basket/page63
https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?173210-Everything-contaminated/page30

phil06
25-04-19, 21:05
Just to confirm my account has indeed gone from ocd uk so I was serious about quitting forums. I won’t be going back over there.

nomorepanic
25-04-19, 21:53
You almost sound quite proud of it Phil? Why is that?

phil06
25-04-19, 21:59
You almost sound quite proud of it Phil? Why is that?

No I wouldn’t say proud. I am actually annoyed that I was forced to quit I feel they were wrong to close my topic I dislike there approach saying a post is a compulsion, pushing exposure therapy, everything is about pushing these ideas down your throat thinking they know best. They feel being harsh is best but it left a bitter taste in my mouth. If it means an end to posting on forums so be it, nothing lasts forever it won’t stop me asking advice from others. You have to speak openly about mental health these days.

phil06
25-04-19, 22:02
Had it not been for the chat room I’d be calling it quits here too but I may have to reconsider posting in future after my experience at ocd uk.

venusbluejeans
25-04-19, 22:08
No I wouldn’t say proud. I am actually annoyed that I was forced to quit I feel they were wrong to close my topic I dislike there approach saying a post is a compulsion, pushing exposure therapy, everything is about pushing these ideas down your throat thinking they know best. They feel being harsh is best but it left a bitter taste in my mouth. If it means an end to posting on forums so be it, nothing lasts forever it won’t stop me asking advice from others. You have to speak openly about mental health these days.

So back to saying that it was the other peoples fault for pushing advice onto you, advice which you ask for by posting on the forums.... Phil you have to take ownership of your illness, if you don't you will never improve. You are right it is good to speak openly about mental health BUT you also need to take on advice that is given to you and you need to act upon that advice.

and for the record.... I think posting on forums is definitely a compulsion for you too, which I have said before... posting is part of your OCD, You are not posting on the forums to gain advice but because it is a compulsion for you to do so as your OCD controls you. Which is why I think you get defensive when it is mentioned to you (This is just my opinion, take it or leave it)

Stop blaming others for you not recovering from your OCD..... the illness is yours and only you can do things to recover from it..... it isn't what other people, other forums do it is what YOU do to help YOURSELF

phil06
25-04-19, 22:11
So back to saying that it was the other peoples fault for pushing advice onto you..... Phil you have to take ownership of your illness, if you don't you will never improve. You are right it is good to speak openly about mental health BUT you also need to take on advice that is given to you and you need to act upon that advice.

and for the record.... I think posting on forums is definitely a compulsion for you too, which I have said before... posting a lot is part of your OCD

The less I post the better I am. I have went months without posting. However when my ocd has been bad I’ve had to talk about it it might seem a compulsion but if I don’t talk I get myself worked up into a panic and feel I’m going mad. By posting it actually reduces my anxiety as I can hear opinions.

nomorepanic
25-04-19, 22:55
Why don't you talk to people in real life rather than post on a forum then? I mean partner/mum/dad/friends

MyNameIsTerry
26-04-19, 02:27
Had it not been for the chat room I’d be calling it quits here too but I may have to reconsider posting in future after my experience at ocd uk.

You've had tons of support on here too, more than many, phil.

MyNameIsTerry
26-04-19, 02:29
The less I post the better I am. I have went months without posting. However when my ocd has been bad I’ve had to talk about it it might seem a compulsion but if I don’t talk I get myself worked up into a panic and feel I’m going mad. By posting it actually reduces my anxiety as I can hear opinions.

Doesn't that tell you that compulsions are bad for your mental health? It's just that you need to learn how to handle things differently when it intensifies and you feel you can't stop yourself.

I've asked you a couple of times already if you accept this basic fact that compulsions reinforce your obsessions. Without accepting this how can you work on challenging them? I've seen you actually stop compulsions too so you can do it but also get the impression you expect a release from doing them so you can feel better without realising you don't need them at all.

venusbluejeans
26-04-19, 10:34
You've had tons of support on here too, more than many, phil.

completely agree, bit of a kick in the teeth for anyone who has replied to him before really, obviously they don't matter.

KK77
26-04-19, 11:46
completely agree, bit of a kick in the teeth for anyone who has replied to him before really, obviously they don't matter.

He must be on the "other" forums, Miss V :D