PDA

View Full Version : Convincing myself I have appendicitis my health anxiety is going through the roof

nprao94
06-08-18, 01:00
So last night around 7pm I went to number 1 & was sitting on the toilet and was peeing. My calves started scratching so whilst sitting on the toilet I bent over to scratch I got up & realized my lower right side felt off & stabby. Tried to lay down the sensation went away but when I got up the sensation was back. I did the running jump and heel test for appendicitis, no terrible pain, nothing. So it went away an hour later slept peacefully and today just now I’m getting dull pain with gas in my stomach. I took a probiotic today and I’ve been like this all month because I’ve started back on BC. I’m trying to tell myself it’s not appendicitis & maybe it’s like adhesions from my surgery in November... I had a laparoscopy in November for a TUBAL cyst. Idk pls someone talk me down. I thought I’ve had IBS since college but my doctor doesn’t seem to think I do. I think I’ve been having IBS flare ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cptdebbie
06-08-18, 05:56
I am so sorry you are going through this. Anxiety is scary and it makes us worry about and believe things that aren't true.

I have adult children and they still tease me about teaching them how to check for appendicitis before they traveled outside of the US. Moms have these things down pat. :D Pain on your right side is one symptom. However, you would also be sick. You would have a fever and be vomiting or have diarrhea.

It honestly sounds to me like you are having some cramping. It could be from normal gas production, your recent surgery, something you ate, your birth control pills, or just a passing quirk.

I wouldn't worry about it unless the pain gets hard to bear or you get other symptoms along with the pain.

Good luck!! :bighug1:

nprao94
06-08-18, 07:54
I am so sorry you are going through this. Anxiety is scary and it makes us worry about and believe things that aren't true.

I have adult children and they still tease me about teaching them how to check for appendicitis before they traveled outside of the US. Moms have these things down pat. :D Pain on your right side is one symptom. However, you would also be sick. You would have a fever and be vomiting or have diarrhea.

It honestly sounds to me like you are having some cramping. It could be from normal gas production, your recent surgery, something you ate, your birth control pills, or just a passing quirk.

I wouldn't worry about it unless the pain gets hard to bear or you get other symptoms along with the pain.

Good luck!! :bighug1:

Thanks, didnt know your risk goes up if you traveled outside the US? Does it?

Fishmanpa
06-08-18, 13:23
Thanks, didnt know your risk goes up if you traveled outside the US? Does it?

How did you get that from Debbie's reply? :huh:

Positive thoughts

nprao94
06-08-18, 13:24
How did you get that from Debbie's reply? :huh:

Positive thoughts

She mentioned it ... that she tells her kids to check for it before traveling outside the US..?

Fishmanpa
06-08-18, 13:27
She mentioned it ... that she tells her kids to check for it before traveling outside the US..?

She was relating her fear of the same illness and how it manifested itself and projected.

Positive thoughts

nprao94
06-08-18, 13:39
She was relating her fear of the same illness and how it manifested itself and projected.

Positive thoughts

Lol..ooh

---------- Post added at 12:39 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

Well do you have any other advice ?

Fishmanpa
06-08-18, 15:59
Well do you have any other advice ?

What advice do you give someone who doesn't have appendicitis? :shrug:

Positive thoughts

nprao94
06-08-18, 16:55
Uhhh what

KK77
06-08-18, 17:47
What advice do you give someone who doesn't have appendicitis? :shrug:

Positive thoughts

Don't go to the doctor :lac:

nprao94
06-08-18, 19:52
Don't go to the doctor :lac:

Lol...

Cptdebbie
07-08-18, 02:19
Fishmanpa hit the nail on the head. My kids tease me because they know I'm a bit crazy. They still love me though. :D

I did not mean your appendicitis risks go up outside the US.

nprao94
07-08-18, 12:01
Fishmanpa hit the nail on the head. My kids tease me because they know I'm a bit crazy. They still love me though. :D

I did not mean your appendicitis risks go up outside the US.

Lol oh ok

slide2stop
09-08-18, 14:37
Take it from someone who had their appendix out one year ago today - the pain does not come and go. It's a consistent gnawing feeling.