PDA

View Full Version : scared of a blood clot on a long travel

Clydesdale Epona
06-08-18, 09:59
I've got a 13 hour coach ride today already done one of it and i'm terrified of getting a blood clot as i'm on the pill and implant so i'm at another risk, that is only risk as I'm 17 not overweight ect am otherwise healthy but I'm terrified of getting one my calfs ache and tingle and i'm scared that means i have one, really want to get off at next stop and get my partner to pick me up and take me back. Trying not to cry in public :weep:

KK77
06-08-18, 12:33
Keep legs active - try and stand up every hour, even if it's in seat. Simply stretching the legs is usually enough.

Do you smoke? If not, your chances of DVT are very low.

MyNameIsTerry
06-08-18, 13:30
You are catastrophizing. Remember that any passenger can get sick at any time and coach drivers will be trained how to handle this. They won't simple keep driving. Ambulances can also reach you.

Don't allow the "what ifs" to take over, how many thousands travel by coach weekly without any issue?

There seems to be an underpinning issue in your anxiety as regards being out of range of help.

nomorepanic
06-08-18, 13:35
There will be frequent stops as well.

Clydesdale Epona
11-08-18, 00:44
I never checked back here for replies but decided to as I'm worried again thanks for the support guys! I've been rather active lately going out multiple times a day but yet here I am terrified I have one forming as my calf has rather bad sometimes intense pain that could be cramp but now I can't sleep because I find myself constantly monitoring it :/