PDA

View Full Version : How serious is a UTI?

actualWeeaboo
06-08-18, 12:14
Heh... I haven't needed this forum for a while, but I'm starting to get frequently anxious about things again.

Bit TMI...

So I got up about 5 hours ago and I didn't think I really needed to go, but I went to the loo anyway, and while urinating I felt that pressure/mild pain that you get when you've held it in for a long time. I mean, I've had this happen before, but I don't think the ache has remained quite this long.

It's a mild discomfort, worse when I sit at certain angles... But it hasn't gone away.

If it gets worse I'll certainly see a doctor, but can UTIs go away on their own, if it IS one...? Whenever I'm convinced it's not an overly serious condition, I forget to worry about it!

ClaireB83
07-08-18, 15:51
It could go away on it's own, but it's always best to get it checked by a doctor.

I've used garlic to combat UTIs but of course that isnt medical advice and I'm not a doctor. Either way I hope it goes away soon, I hate the uncomfortablness of UTIs!

Serenitystars
13-08-18, 00:09
UtIs can clear on it’s own but I heard that’s unlikely, you should go in to a walk in clinic and get it tested.
Really simple test, takes less than 10 minutes usually (minus the actual wait time)

:hugs: your like the other half of me lol 20 years old but also distract myself with video games and anime