PDA

View Full Version : Hello all officially!

AnxAndy
14-08-07, 15:50
Hi everyone,
Ive just placed my first thread in the General anxiety forum (reproduced here below) in which I sort of introduced myself. I now realise I should have introduced myself here first!! (I believe senile ineptitude IS a symptom!)......
ive had some great responses so thanks to all of you, and I hope this does not cause too much confusion...... :blush:

Im Andrew(AKA AnxAndy), 44 and suffering (Im told) GAD. Ive had these symptoms before over the years but this episode seems to be the worst. Im currently taking meds for depression. ive tried citalopram, Setraline and now just starting back on Prozac, which did seem to help last time.
ive had CBT via the NHS with moderate success.... i.e the therapist has identified that I worry a lot and that I need to just stop worrying (Yeh, easier said than done right?) Im currently off work for 4 weeks while I try and cope.
im NOT looking forward to going back as I have to spend a lot of time travelling and staying away from home.... something I cannot face the thought of at the moment.
I know this description will hit home with some of you but I can best decribe it as 'I fear fear'...... does that makes sense?
What Im looking for is some direction and hope...... whatever I seem to do or try makes me feel worse, I feel as if the more I try the more I fail and the deeper I get. I desperately want to get back to work and feel normal again....... I want to live not just exist.
Would any of you recommend more counselling?, Im willing to pay for private treatment.
Thanks in anticipation. x

groovygranny
14-08-07, 16:26
Hello Andy, belated:welcome:to you lol !!

No worries - Glad you've made yourself at home !!

Pleased to meet you! (or have we already met on another thread somewhere? lol!)

:)

honeybee3939
14-08-07, 17:20
Hi Andrew

I Big warm welcome from me too hun, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

northern_sky
14-08-07, 17:48
Welcome to the forum. :)

manmoor
14-08-07, 19:44
Hi Andy,

Yet another big warm welcome to you lol. xx

Lindalou64
14-08-07, 20:13
Hi Andrew,
Welocme Once Again Lol.........i Also Suffer With Gad Ect......what I Do Is Keep Telling Myself Its Only A Feeling It Will Pass And Believe It Or Not It Does But It Takes Time And Alot Of Practice Dont Get Stuck In That Rut Like I Did So Many Yrs Ago...i Know Its So Hard Hun But Ya Have To Fight This As I Do........the More We Fight This And Think Positive The Best We Can The Better It Get So I Wish You All The Best............tc Linda Xxxxx

bottleblond
14-08-07, 20:19
Hi Andy,

Lol you'll find your way about soon enough mate!!

WELCOME!!!

I hope you enjoy the site and make lots of lovely friends like i have!!

Tace care and chat soon

Lisa
xxxx:yesyes:

kazzie
14-08-07, 20:40
A warm welcome to you Andy:D

Luv Kaz x x x

eeyorelover
14-08-07, 21:07
WELCOME TO THE SITE OFFICIALLY ANDY:hugs::hugs::hugs:

xxx
Sandy

jill
14-08-07, 23:01
Hi Andy :hugs:

WELCOME TO THE SITE :D

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

trac67
15-08-07, 21:42
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

Nibbles
15-08-07, 22:06
Hi Andy,

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike

smudgie
15-08-07, 22:19
A BIG WARM WELCOME TO YOU:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

YOUR WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE
LOVE
NESS
XXXXXX

Pink Princess
16-08-07, 21:01
http://pixages.com/hello.gif

love minnie xxxxxxxxxxxxx

hugs to woofs too xxxxx

debera
16-08-07, 21:34
hi and welcome
debera:D

nomorepanic
17-08-07, 19:08
Hi Andy

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

I am sure you will get loads of support and advice here and meet some lovely people.

AnxAndy
21-08-07, 13:36
Ive met most of you by now at some point or another in the chat room. Need it be said.... what a fantastic bunch of people you are! Youve all made me feel so very welcome and guided my often clumsy mistakes! lol.
Those of you I havent had the pleasure of meeting yet will soon get to know what I mean!
Take care my friends, love to you all.

United in suffering!

Andy xx

Southern_Belle
21-08-07, 14:31
Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum. I also worry about everything under the sun and I'm also on meds which do help me. You will find more and more every day how much this site helps and the support it gives.

Hugs,

Laura

CarpeDiem
22-08-07, 19:34
:) Hi Andy :)

Glad you found the site; you'll find lots of info, advice & tips to recovery which will spur you on to find your own solutions. I'd definitely recommend more counselling; I can relate to the whole not feeling like you got anything out of it first time round as it is the investigation stage where they're trying to figure out what the issues are, then why you have those issues.... So if you end it there you just come away feeling frustrated like "Thanks - Now what?" Try to embrace the frustration & turn it into determination; as much as you want to look to your therapist for answers, all they tend to give you is guidance so you've got to work at it. You've done the ground work; now go & find out how you're going to get through this - It can be done! (check out the success stories bit) Good luck.
Take care, CarpeDiem
xxxxxx