PDA

View Full Version : Digestive issues and worries about pancreatic cancer

gozzy1000
06-08-18, 18:22
Hi I was just wondering if anyone could offer sone experiences or even maybe reassurance.

I am 32, male, slim and have always been fit and healthy and eat a generally very good diet. I don't smoke or drink and my main vice is drinking alot of tea. I have been suffering several symptoms that have me concerned over the last 3/4 months. They started with mild right hand sided chest pains that would happen randomly and when burping and uncomfortable swallowing. These come and go but have mainly gone. The main symptoms I have now is back pain that occurs every day. It starts lower down and is very noticeable with twisting motions but moves to the center middle as the day goes on and sometimes sits between my shoulders. It does not stop me doing anything but is uncomfortable. I also have discomfort in my mid abdomen sometimes mild pain, mild bloating and loose stools each morning often having to go 2 times. Can be worst after eating but if not lost any appetite. My latest symptom is feeling hot flushes but it is warm at the min so not sure about this. I often get pain under my right rib/upper abdomen area. Belching alot. I have been known to worry about my health and suffer with HA. I am terrified I have pancreatic cancer as nothing else seems to have these symptoms all together. I have been to the docs numerous times and get the typical dismissive attitude. I have have blood tests like fbc, liver function tests and these have come back perfect. At my request am waiting on an endoscopy and abdominal ultrasound. I know I have to wait for results but am so frightened and wondering how likely it is it would be PC? I eat well and don't drink so can't see it being pancreatitis or gallstones. The only time i am compleately symptom free is when in bed at night. The only other thing I have suffered was extreme mental stress due to a very destructive relationship that broke down at the begining of this year. I have mot felt good since. Any help and advice would be very much appreciated.

nomorepanic
06-08-18, 18:53
If you had cancer though do you think it would go away at night?

gozzy1000
06-08-18, 19:01
I would think not. I have just read alot of stuff saying the symptoms come and go and I'm symptomatic throughout the day. I just can't see what it could be and the length of time it takes is hard to deal with.

MRS STRESS ED
06-08-18, 19:05
hi why is it our anxiety brain says cancer cant be trapped wind oh no its cancer,

think of the positives you're young don't smoke or drink your bloods came back normal that is positive,

now put your rational head on it could be something simple like wind anxiety be positive best wishes xx

gozzy1000
06-08-18, 19:08
Thank you for your reply. I do try to see the positives and I do but it is not trapped wind. It's been going on for months and the main symptom is mid back pain that returns the same everyday. I know it's fairly uncommon in my age but just cant help feel these specific symptoms together can't be good. I appreciate the replies.

MRS STRESS ED
07-08-18, 08:29
Thank you for your reply. I do try to see the positives and I do but it is not trapped wind. It's been going on for months and the main symptom is mid back pain that returns the same everyday. I know it's fairly uncommon in my age but just cant help feel these specific symptoms together can't be good. I appreciate the replies.

And the more we fixate on certain illnesses our brains will minic it anxiety brain is so powerful it will convince you of anything, be reasurranced by your tests it could be gallstones , l had my gallbladder out l had pain like your saying doesn't have to be CANCER xx :hugs:

gozzy1000
07-08-18, 11:42
Well I hope it is nothing serious other than anxiety. The back pain has been happening for around 2/3months each day. Loose stools for about 3 weeks. How likely would pancreatic cancer be in some one my age?

MRS STRESS ED
07-08-18, 12:49
Well I hope it is nothing serious other than anxiety. The back pain has been happening for around 2/3months each day. Loose stools for about 3 weeks. How likely would pancreatic cancer be in some one my age?

as you no there's no age limit for cancer but please don't fixate on it you're young so it is rarer, put your engery into something positive xx

Fishmanpa
07-08-18, 13:11
You're asking how likely your symptoms would be due to pancreatic cancer. You've had several replies that discount that possibility. There have been several similar threads recently and all had several things in common....

They've all gotten the all clear by the medical community and scientific medical tests and they're all posted on an anxiety website :winks: Not one pancreatic cancer thread I've seen here has ever turned out to be true. Not One! I assure you, you won't be the first!

Your pattern of discounting reality with things you've read on Dr. Google again affirms my thoughts on the matter. I don't doubt you're having physical symptoms but we differ in opinion as to the origin of those symptoms. Treat the real illness with real life professional help and you treat the symptoms associated with it.

Positive thoughts

gozzy1000
08-08-18, 07:27
Thank you for your reply. I understand what you are saying how anxiety can manifest itself in many types of symptom. My anxiety began after I started experiencing symptoms. Iv has them for quite some time now. I now have developed right sided pain under my lower rib on waking. It's very uncomfortable. It's hard I just wanted to know the likelihood that was all as the symptoms seem just like those you read about.