PDA

View Full Version : Constant minor ache left of navel

Valton20
06-08-18, 19:53
Hi,

So I posted a few days ago talking about some other possible IBS symptoms, but it came to mind that I never mentioned this and it's been bothering me a lot lately.

For some context, after some blood tests and a physical check my GI (and my GP also agrees), mentioned that I had PI-IBS. An upper abdomen ultrasound also found a fatty liver, though not at a serious stage yet.

My symptoms, over a month, were diarrhea, loose stool, some constipation (although that could have been caused by the feeling that I had to go constantly), minor cramps mostly around my lower left abdomen and a near constant feeling of nausea. Besides those, I also had an almost constant minor ache to the left of my navel, mostly close to it but sometimes more to the left.

So for the past 10 days my stool issues seem to have gotten better (normal colored and sized, not flattened, no blood, and once a day). However, I still get nausea (though it seems to be not constantly now, which is better).

Perhaps most annoying and stressful of all is that I still have this minor ache
in my lower left abdomen, most often focused like 2-3cm to the left of my navel, though sometimes it's a bigger distance from the navel and rarely even closer to my side. It doesn't hurt, but it's this really annoying almost constant feeling, kind of like it's tight in that area. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen many times a day and lasts for often a few hours. I've noticed that it happens without fail whenever I wake up.

My GI said it's from the IBS abdominal spasms or something like that, but I'd love to hear your experiences for perhaps some reassurance, as I am so very tired of stressing over this and I'm at the point where I really want to move on with my life instead of constantly focusing on this. In fact could it be stress related?

EDIT: I'm 26 yo and male, forgot to mention.