PDA

View Full Version : Skin cancer worries again

gingersnaps
06-08-18, 21:23
Hi everyone,

I have a mole on my leg which I’ve had for as long as I can remember (I’m 18) but it has started to be a bit sensitive. I went to see a doctor about it and she said it looked perfectly fine, different shades of brown and all. I told her it was sometimes painful/sensitive and she said that was normal and a lot of benign moles could be like that. This was in March and nothing has changed since, but as a hypochondriac I can’t help continuing to worry. I don’t know if it’s worth going back to see anyone since I’ve had it seen recently but when I google it, all I find is that sensitivity automatically means melanoma and I guess I’m worrying again. Have any of you had sensitive moles before? I don’t know whether to ignore it or get a second opinion

Fishmanpa
06-08-18, 21:47
I don’t know whether to ignore it or get a second opinion....

I went to see a doctor about it and she said it looked perfectly fine, different shades of brown and all. I told her it was sometimes painful/sensitive and she said that was normal and a lot of benign moles could be like that.... nothing has changed since

Positive thoughts

gingersnaps
06-08-18, 22:07
Positive thoughts

You’re right, thank you