PDA

View Full Version : Hairloss obsession drives me insane

KellyVDB__
07-08-18, 02:50
Hey everyone,

I hope I can find some relief to share my story here, I’ve tried on many other forums but I feel like people just don’t get me.

I am 27, female and I suffer from OCD, depression,... I’ve been struggling a long time with these feelings, but last 2 years were just already so crazy. I also developed in these years an exhausting, very disturbing “habit”.

In 2016, I went to the dermatologist because I’ve had the feeling of losing more hair and itchy scalp. She said I’ve had a hair root infection and hair loss could be stress. So I was on vitamines. Zinc, alline and cystiphane ( I am from belgium ). i’ve started taking them until last year. In this period of time I’ve started to count my hair, I became so obsessed. I needed to know if I was not losing my hair. Started counting between 2 washes, on washing day and after brushing. Also spended lot of time with brushing ( still do ). It can take up until hour or more that I just stop until I feel I can let it go and not much hair comes off ( controlling hair on hairloss ).
Then I would count and divide the hairs by the days to have my average. My average was up until a few months ago under 100 , when I am over it, I just freak out since I’ve read u can only lose until 100... Pretty much I’ve been focusing more on my hair last months, more checking between 2 washes, brushing long... I didn’t do this much before, I am even more obsessed and freak out. My average is now always between 150-200. I am paranoid, exhausted. I am scared I am having something, cause whenever I run trough hair first time each strand there is already a lot in brush... Then I panic, brush more, brush until there doesn’t come hair anymore,... etc etc. Also my hair is in a lot of knots and dry from the heat...
i jut don’t know what to think or do. Any advice?
Thank you for taking your time to read.