PDA

View Full Version : Obsessed with STDs and possibility I gave them to my partner.

scaredpt
07-08-18, 14:13
I have a ton of anxiety surrounding herpes. I have cold sores which I know are herpes and am obsessed with the thought I might’ve passed it to down there. The other day after sex with a new boyfriend I saw what looked to be a Whitehead or infected hair follicle. It went away by the next morning but I am fixated on the fact that what if it was herpes and I passed it to him? I’ve been thinking nonstop about how guilty I’d feel if I passed it to him. Since I get cold sores I barely kiss him but this would be even worse. Additionally my doctors don’t test for herpes bc they say everyone has it, and id test positive because I get cold sores. Am I over reacting? What are the chances the follicle was a herpes sore? Should I tell my boyfriend?

scaredpt
07-08-18, 15:06
I have been having obsessive thoughts about STDs and specifically giving them to my partner. I have been tested but I am worried about herpes because the doctors don’t test for it unless you have symptoms. After I’ve become sexually active with my boyfriend I spend hours examining myself down there and wondering if this or that is a sign of herpes. I have these terrible visions of him getting it from me and don’t know what I’d do. I’ve spoken to doctors about my risk and they’ve said it’s low, since I’ve had only two partners and no symptoms, but the obsession has gotten bad.

nomorepanic
07-08-18, 15:09
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

jray23
07-08-18, 15:31
Trust your doctors.

Also, don't worry about the cold sores. 60-80% of people have them, and yes it is a form of herpes. He probably has it too. Maybe don't kiss him while you have an active cold sore but otherwise make out all the time!! [emoji847]

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

scaredpt
07-08-18, 15:34
I know but I’m worried about the thing that I thought was a hair follicle! What if that was an outbreak?

Fishmanpa
07-08-18, 15:42
Does he know you have HSV? You say you have cold sores and that's HSV1. The facts are that you can get HSV1 down below but very rarely does HSV2 affect someone orally.

Positive thoughts

scaredpt
07-08-18, 15:44
Yes he knows about the cold sores. I don’t kiss when I have one. What I’m worried about is I also have type 1 or 2 down there(the follicle thing) and gave it to him bc we had sex a few hours before.

Fishmanpa
07-08-18, 17:40
Yes he knows about the cold sores. I don’t kiss when I have one. What I’m worried about is I also have type 1 or 2 down there(the follicle thing) and gave it to him bc we had sex a few hours before.

Have you ever had an outbreak south of the border? If not, then problem solved. If yes, just remember... Mexico will pay for the wall! :winks:

Positive thoughts