PDA

View Full Version : Panicked about MS - Please Help

Bella123
07-08-18, 16:07
Hi, this is my first post on this board, I have been lurking for quite a few weeks not but haven't gotten the courage to post until now.

I've been plagued of MS fear since last month when I noticed my muscles were shaky and almost quivering from the inside. This feeling was in both of my legs and back. That feeling has since disappeared and was likely due to a rough week and anxiousness from stress and lack of sleep.

Over the last few weeks I have had tingling that comes and goes near my chin and my entire neck feels prickly and almost itchy. I've also noticed that my ears feel hyper sensitive on the outside like when I am brushing my hair and the brush touches either part of my ear. I suffer from sinus issues and allergies and have been to the allergist who confirmed I have a sinus infection. I also sometimes feel slight pressure in my jaw area (both sides) and left cheek. I asked the allergist and my general doctor about MS and both dont think I have it and are attributing my symptoms to allergies and anxiety.

Can anyone else relate? I was doing fine over the weekend but now the ear sensation has got me all worked up again.

Thanks for reading.

Bella123
07-08-18, 21:42
Anyone? :)

AMomentofClarity
07-08-18, 21:51
Most of that sounds a lot like anxiety to be honest. Especially the shaky/quivery muscles. The fact that the newest sensations are coming and going points to anxiety as well.

ErinKC
07-08-18, 22:36
This sounds like anxiety to me. I get twitches and numbness all over when I'm anxious. My brother's girlfriend was recently diagnosed with MS. She got sudden searing pain in her face/eye. She went to the eye doctor who sent her to be tested for MS. It wasn't a mysterious thing and the first doctor she saw knew to refer her for MS testing. She said she hadn't really noticed any symptoms to that point.

And, honestly, MS is a treatable disease. Yeah, it would suck to get it, but it's not going to kill you. But, it's almost certain you don't have it.

Bella123
08-08-18, 14:43
Thanks, does anyone have recent stats on occurrence rates?

MRS STRESS ED
08-08-18, 15:53
Thanks, does anyone have recent stats on occurrence rates?

Can l ask how is this going to help you knowing, it will probably reinforce your thoughts that you have it concentrate on something else not illness your just feeding your anxiety :doh:

Bella123
08-08-18, 16:38
I guess if recent stats prove odds are low then that can be reassuring.

Fishmanpa
08-08-18, 17:02
I guess if recent stats prove odds are low then that can be reassuring.

Every illness and disease feared on this forum rarely if ever affect the vast majority of the world's population :shrug:

Positive thoughts

AMomentofClarity
08-08-18, 17:06
Every illness and disease feared on this forum rarely if ever affect the vast majority of the world's population :shrug:

Positive thoughts

What are you saying....the 1 case of rabies per year in the US doesn’t align with the hundreds of posts about it on here???:winks:

Bella123
08-08-18, 17:13
Thanks everyone, it helps to logically think about these things when you're in an irrational state of mind.

KK77
08-08-18, 19:02
What are you saying....the 1 case of rabies per year in the US doesn’t align with the hundreds of posts about it on here???:winks:

Don't be so absurd and contrary :lac:

Bobbin
08-08-18, 20:02
Ive had similar symptoms, particularly tingling in my arms then legs - I dont feel at all anxious (well, that's a lie -the tingling is making me feel anxious) but I can't fathom how or why it started a couple of months ago. Like you I'm terrified it's MS - my bloodwork is clear - and I had a week away and I don't recall feeling like this until we hit turbulence so the logical part of me says it's obviously an anxiety thing but then I wonder why it's happening and if that's possible to be going on for so long, which leads me to conclude it's neurological! And if its anxiety but I don't know I'm anxious but my body tells me it is, how on earth do you stop that?!