PDA

View Full Version : Sigh. Thyroid Cancer.

darkside4k
08-08-18, 04:11
Well here I am again. This time I’m worried about thyroid cancer. I’ve had a little muscle soreness feeling in the front / side of my neck on the right side. Next to my Adam’s apple I also can feel a little small pea sized thing that slides around. I can feel a similar thing on the left side but don’t remember ever feeling this one on the right before.

I’m a 32 year old male.

ErinKC
08-08-18, 05:22
Please get help for your anxiety. Your esophageal cancer fear experience should have been enough to do so. Your anxiety is so so severe. How do you live with it? And looking at your previous threads you have a young child. Please try to get help and enjoy your life. If you won't do it for you, do it for your son. I grew up with a mother who had health anxiety that she never treated, and now I have it. It's almost identical, but thankfully nowhere near as severe, as hers. The difference is that I've been in therapy to treat it for a few years now. I get a flare up now and then and it's unbearable even though I can usually get through them in a week or so. I truly don't know how you survive all of this anxiety.

darkside4k
08-08-18, 22:53
Well I’m definitely dying now. I’ve been having some muscle like aching when I yawn Thebes last few days on the right side. I googled it and in one patient it was caused by a thyroid cancer. Exactly what I’m fearing. Wow. This is unbelievable. I’m so depressed.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

ErinKC
08-08-18, 23:18
You're making feel so sad. Please get help!! What does your wife think of your anxiety? Please see someone about this. You have no disease but anxiety. You're going to end up really hurting yourself by pursuing all these diagnoses. You already did with the esophageal cancer thing. You need help. Please pursue it. I wish I could come to your house and physically bring you to a psychologist.

darkside4k
08-08-18, 23:24
But I have pain when I yawn? That isn’t anxiety.

Fishmanpa
08-08-18, 23:30
You're making feel so sad. Please get help!! What does your wife think of your anxiety? Please see someone about this. You have no disease but anxiety. You're going to end up really hurting yourself by pursuing all these diagnoses. You already did with the esophageal cancer thing. You need help. Please pursue it. I wish I could come to your house and physically bring you to a psychologist.

It's all been said before (read DS's history). There's a saying in sales that goes; Some will. Some won't. So what? Next! There are those that seek help, take advice and act on it and those that just need the attention that reassurance provides. Sadly, DS is of the latter category :(

Positive thoughts

ErinKC
08-08-18, 23:31
You can absolutely have pain in your neck from anxiety. 100% you can. There's no chance you have thyroid cancer. Not a chance. But I don't even want to dignify that with a response.

Look at your previous posts. Please. You have no illness. You have anxiety. Anxiety. Anxiety.

Sigh. Thyroid Cancer.

Esophageal Cancer From Reflux - Very Worried

Trying Not To Worry About Lymphoma - Cold Symptoms

Is this nail melanoma?

Definitely Brain Cancer

Painful Sore Inside Cheek

Possible Oral Cancer

Upper Arm Twitching 4 Days - ALS

31 Year Old - Feel Need To Pee - Prostate / Bladder Cancer?

Less Frequent Bowel Movements. Colon Cancer?

Excessive Gas / Colon Cancer?

Foul Smelling Gas... Soft Stool... Colon Cancer

Hand Spot Update

Saw dermatologist for spot on palm. Every more worried.

Should I see dermatologist about this?

Strange occurence in bank. ALS?

Still struggling with ALS fears.

Worried I Have ALS... Arm Fatigue

nomorepanic
08-08-18, 23:59
Sorry to hear you have cancer again. I am sure it will be fine like every other time.

What won't be fine though is your well being which needs addressing.

P.S. Can I have a £10 donation for every cancer you don't have?:winks::D

KK77
09-08-18, 00:25
P.S. Can I have a £10 donation for every cancer you don't have?:winks::D

Could prove to be lucrative :shades:

utrocket09
09-08-18, 00:31
Well I’m definitely dying now. I’ve been having some muscle like aching when I yawn Thebes last few days on the right side. I googled it and in one patient it was caused by a thyroid cancer. Exactly what I’m fearing. Wow. This is unbelievable. I’m so depressed.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

If yawning was a cancer symptom, we all would have if. Amazing with all the cancers you have, you belong in a record book.

darkside4k
09-08-18, 00:40
I’m not worried about yawning. I’m worried about the soreness on the right side of my neck when I yawn.

nomorepanic
09-08-18, 00:41
So was that a no then ?

nomorepanic
09-08-18, 01:07
darkside - we are trying to make light of things as you must realise how this sounds to us all.

Please go and get help for you HA and then report back to us with good news for a change.

You know we CANNOT help you as you are too far in the depths of despair and cancer worries.

You need to take control of you life NOW.

jray23
09-08-18, 01:42
Like me, you've got a 100% survival rate on all of your pains and concerns to date. That streak isn't breaking anytime soon for either of us.

The difference is I've worked at treating my anxiety. So the swelling on the inside of my lip today? It's nothing. The pain in my tongue? It's nothing. The headache between my eyes? Nothing. (Well that was probably from work!!). The tingle on the bottom of my foot this morning? It's nothing. I've learned that I don't need to diagnose everything I feel. I still slip up sometimes but when I do it's often short-lived rather than dragging on and going down the rabbit hole to hell(th) anxiety. You can do it too! But only you can take the steps down that road!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

MyNameIsTerry
09-08-18, 02:02
Like me, you've got a 100% survival rate on all of your pains and concerns to date. That streak isn't breaking anytime soon for either of us.

The difference is I've worked at treating my anxiety. So the swelling on the inside of my lip today? It's nothing. The pain in my tongue? It's nothing. The headache between my eyes? Nothing. (Well that was probably from work!!). The tingle on the bottom of my foot this morning? It's nothing. I've learned that I don't need to diagnose everything I feel. I still slip up sometimes but when I do it's often short-lived rather than dragging on and going down the rabbit hole to hell(th) anxiety. You can do it too! But only you can take the steps down that road!

Well done! :yesyes::yahoo:

I bet you look back knowing just how flawed your thinking was during those times.

---------- Post added at 02:02 ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 ----------

I’m not worried about yawning. I’m worried about the soreness on the right side of my neck when I yawn.

So you've never heard of clenching/grinding of teeth in anxiety? And how jaw pain comes from this?

darkside4k
09-08-18, 03:44
Even my wife is frightened. What’s super scary is when I pull my skin to the left my Adam’s apple to shave the skin on my Adam’s apple, a tumor thing slides across my Adam’s apple and I can feel it. I always shave this way and that never used to happen until this week. Even my wife admitted she is frightened about this. This is it. It’s finally happening.

mare serenitatis
09-08-18, 04:17
Any doctor will tell you, if you press on it and it hurts, it’s not cancer.

Your wife isn’t a doctor, so why take any stock in what she thinks or fears?

Aside from being very vocal about your fears, what steps have you actually taken to control this anxiety? There has to be a part of you that realizes this is anxiety as opposed to any mysterious illness. Otherwise, you probably wouldn’t have joined an anxiety forum.

nomorepanic
09-08-18, 11:47
So what are you going to do about it? Continue to post on an ANXIETY website telling us you are dying of yet another cancer or get it looked at?

utrocket09
09-08-18, 14:59
Even my wife is frightened. What’s super scary is when I pull my skin to the left my Adam’s apple to shave the skin on my Adam’s apple, a tumor thing slides across my Adam’s apple and I can feel it. I always shave this way and that never used to happen until this week. Even my wife admitted she is frightened about this. This is it. It’s finally happening.

Tumors don't slide, they are fixed in place and don't move. Please go see a therapist. Most likely what is moving is a muscle in your neck. Which when neck muscles are irritated can cause pain when yawning. Take it from someone whom has neck issues.

darkside4k
10-08-18, 00:26
Front neck pain still present when yawning. Right side of neck is pretty sore. Tumor / muscle thing continues to slide across Adam’s apple when I pull that skin to the side. I’ve accepted that I have thyroid cancer. I’ve even accepted death. I know that this is the end of my journey and is the disease that will kill me. It’s frustrating but I’ve accepted my death.

Fishmanpa
10-08-18, 01:17
Front neck pain still present when yawning. Right side of neck is pretty sore. Tumor / muscle thing continues to slide across Adam’s apple when I pull that skin to the side. I’ve accepted that I have thyroid cancer. I’ve even accepted death. I know that this is the end of my journey and is the disease that will kill me. It’s frustrating but I’ve accepted my death.

If I can beat two heart attacks and Stage IVa Head and Neck cancer, you can beat thyroid cancer. You need to get to a Certified Cancer Center (https://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings/cancer) (I can personally attest to Johns Hopkins) and confirm the diagnosis. You'll be assigned a team of oncologists, speech therapy etc. that will formulate a plan of attack. Of course you can refuse treatment and just deal with the inevitable of doing so. You'll be so doped up on pain killers you won't care anyway... OR, it could clear miraculously too.

Let us know what the doctors say.

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
10-08-18, 01:38

Then why post on here? Are you after support through your cancer? Why not be on a cancer support forum?

Some part of you knows it's not true. But reassurance seeking is running it's normal cycles.

(For those who may miss my point I'm obviously not saying be on a cancer forum)

jray23
10-08-18, 03:20
I've never heard of a "tumor/muscle thing" before. Congratulations on discovering a new medical subject!

darkside4k
10-08-18, 04:20
I’m terrified. I can’t believe I could have thyroid cancer. Has anyone ever had muscle soreness / pain with yawning before? Could the sliding thing be a swollen or irritated muscle or ligament? I’m so scared. It clicks over my Adam’s apple when I pull the skin that direction.

I’m scared of dying now.

LunarCoffee
10-08-18, 04:39
I’m terrified. I can’t believe I could have thyroid cancer. Has anyone ever had muscle soreness / pain with yawning before? Could the sliding thing be a swollen or irritated muscle or ligament? I’m so scared. It clicks over my Adam’s apple when I pull the skin that direction.

I’m scared of dying now.

...I mean, I'm pretty sure your thyroid doesn't rotate freely around your neck. Whatever that little sliding thing is, I'm pretty sure it's not thyroid cancer, as it's clearly not attached to your thyroid.

As for the pain, because you're so anxious, that could very well be from simply having your neck muscles be really tight all the time. That's also more common a thing in general in this day and age.

EDIT: just adding this, but the chances of you having thyroid cancer are around 1 in 2.6 million, significantly less likely than you dying from a strike of lightning. If it helps, you're 2,600,000x more likely to not have thyroid cancer. If 1 in 100 is really rare, what's 1 in 1 in 1 in 100?

MyNameIsTerry
10-08-18, 04:46
Did you read my post about muscular tension? Did you read about that and how it's common in anxiety?

pulisa
10-08-18, 08:14

I’m scared of dying now.

Well you may be relieved to hear that having thyroid cancer isn't a death sentence. It's one of the easier cancers to treat so no need to write yourself off just yet..

lucymarie
10-08-18, 10:13
The surprising thing here is how you survive your anxiety levels, not the phantom cancers you don’t have.

swajj
10-08-18, 11:12
I’ve given up trying to work out if you are genuine or not. Only a real tragic would spend time hanging around here posting just to get a reaction. I work with someone who had thyroid cancer. She got treatment and is now cancer free. As pulisa said it’s one of the easier cancers to treat.

KK77
10-08-18, 13:02
I’ve given up trying to work out if you are genuine or not.

Don't be so defeatist, Swajj :lac:

darkside4k
11-08-18, 19:41
I’m absolutely real and a severe hypochondriac. I wouldn’t wish this disease (hypochondria) on my worst enemy.

I do still fear the thyroid cancer possibility. I’ve also had itchy fingers and ankles the last few weeks. I’m worried that could be a sign of something too.

jray23
11-08-18, 20:03
This is good. You are aware that you have one problem (hypochondria), and you think there might be another problem (thyroid). What are the steps you can take to resolve these?

My suggestion is to go to the doctor. Not because I think you should be reassured, because that will only temporarily calm you. When he/she tells you that your thyroid is OK, be open and honest to him/her about your struggles with hypochondria. Work with your doctor on a plan to overcome it. I struggled with on again off again HA for a decade, "having" several different cancers, heart attacks, serious illnesses etc. Even though it was painfully clear to me that whole time that I was hypochondriac, it only got worse and worse until I finally discussed health anxiety with my doctors (after yet another "all clear" medical test) and took their recommendation to go to a therapist.

KK77
11-08-18, 20:18
I’m absolutely real and a severe hypochondriac. I wouldn’t wish this disease (hypochondria) on my worst enemy.

You said you were going for therapy after your last HA episode. What happened to that?

darkside4k
12-08-18, 08:45
You said you were going for therapy after your last HA episode. What happened to that?

I went and started on Prozac but had to discontinue because of severe insomnia.

I am still really struggling today. I just don't see an explanation where I don't have thyroid cancer. Why would I have this new thing clicking across my Adam's apple when I move my skin to shave? I think it is because of some underlying swelling deeper inside the tissues that is causing this to be more exposed.

Why would I still be having mild pain when yawning?

I just don't see another explanation at this point really. I'm so depressed about it. I feel like this is a very concerning situation and I may need to go to the doctor as soon as this week to request a scan on my thyroid. At this point I feel certain something is *very* wrong.

Does anyone else have a muscle or ligament that visibly slides across their Adam's apple when they pull the skin near the Adam's apple to the side?

KK77
12-08-18, 12:14

I know you stopped Prozac. I was referring to talking therapy.

I may need to go to the doctor as soon as this week to request a scan on my thyroid. At this point I feel certain something is *very* wrong.

Speak to your doc about concern then. If they are worried that it could be something more serious, I'm sure they will send you for further investigation/scan etc.

utrocket09
12-08-18, 14:38

I am still really struggling today. I just don't see an explanation where I don't have thyroid cancer. Why would I have this new thing clicking across my Adam's apple when I move my skin to shave? I think it is because of some underlying swelling deeper inside the tissues that is causing this to be more exposed.

Why would I still be having mild pain when yawning?

I just don't see another explanation at this point really. I'm so depressed about it. I feel like this is a very concerning situation and I may need to go to the doctor as soon as this week to request a scan on my thyroid. At this point I feel certain something is *very* wrong.

Does anyone else have a muscle or ligament that visibly slides across their Adam's apple when they pull the skin near the Adam's apple to the side?

Going to ask an honest question. What is different this time than the last 20 times you thought you had cancer ? What makes this time it ?