PDA

View Full Version : Blood in stool?

kittykate234
08-08-18, 07:34
I am honestly so sick and tired of continuously having these health issues and scares. My most recent one is what I think is blood in my stool, which has been a concern of mine for 3 years or so.
I had a colonoscopy back in 2016 and again in the beginning of 2017, both were negative except for one internal hemorrhoid they found in the second one. Basically the reason why I had my colonoscopy in the first place was because they did a stool test which found blood in the stool, but nothing was found during the scope and they diagnosed me with IBS.

So, for the past three days I have been having some similar issues I had back then. On Sunday when I used the bathroom I saw some red on the toilet paper and in the stool, which I at first didn't worry about because I had eaten beets a few days before. However, yesterday I kept seeing red, both in the stool and on the toilet paper, and today both times I went I saw red bits all throughout the stool. I did have some tomatoes yesterday. I actually took a bit out (I know I know, I'm gross) and when I put it on the toilet paper it smeared and looked like blood, which I don't think a tomato would do. I have also been feeling more nauseous than usual.

Idk, should I go see a doctor about this? I really don't want to have to go through another round of stool tests and all that but I do want to be on the safe side in case it really is blood that I'm seeing. Any advice?

MRS STRESS ED
08-08-18, 07:53
Yes go see your doctor for your anxiety more then anything you had the tests,
its concerning if its got you to the point were your picking out bits

please see your doctor l lost my best friend to bowel cancer her symptoms were nothing like what you are describing :doh: