PDA

View Full Version : Lump on tonsil, freaking out.

Ande
08-08-18, 16:55
Hi, 47 male, had health anxiety for 14 years, my latest (thing) has been poking around my mouth and throat feeling for lumps, then yesterday i started feeling my tonsils, they look normal, no pain or swelling, no symptoms, i just felt there by chance. Then i found a tiny hard kind of ball shaped lump, no bigger than a grain of rice, right on the edge of the flap of the tonsil, but it was past the tongue so i can't see it with a mirror, if i open my jaw wide and feel the lump, it seems to move right to the bottom of the tonsil fold, i checked the tonsil on the other side and right at the bottom is a similar hard lump but even smaller, i have never actually felt my tonsils so they could have always been there i guess.
Then as i was messing around down there i felt behind the tonsil flap at the bottom and i could feel like a small floppy skin tag type of thing, so again i checked on the other side and sure enough there was a similar kind of thing there too, i have contacted my dentist for an appointment but still freaking in the meantime.

Fishmanpa
08-08-18, 17:03
You described tonsil stones IMO. Let us know what the dentist says.

Positive thoughts

lofwyr
08-08-18, 18:46
Yeah, sounds like a tonsil stone to me. Gross little things, my daughter gets them frequently, but harmless.

Ande
08-08-18, 19:32
Thing is, tonsil stones usually occur in the crypts behind the tonsils, but this lump is along the outer edge of the tonsil, kind of on the flap if that makes sense.

Fishmanpa
08-08-18, 19:35
Thing is....

Let us know what the dentist says :)

Positive thoughts