PDA

View Full Version : Hi

jamaicainn
14-08-07, 20:11
Hi, I have stumbled across this forum tonight and would be grateful for any advice. I had my first anxiety attack yesterday and although I have tried to go through the same scenario again today (you know fall off horse get straight back on) I bottled it every time. I am terrified of people seeing me shaking and losing it, they will think I have lost my marbles but I do not want to keep avoiding this everyday situation (it will be noticed sooner or later). Can anyone give me any ideas how to conquer this in its infancy. For background info I have had a couple of years of increasing stress and have some big relationship issues in my life at the moment which have obviously had something to do with it. I generally do not talk to anyone about my problems which i am sure does not help.

Any help grealy appreciated
J I

DM
14-08-07, 20:14
face it, head on.

accept that it's happenening for a reason but not to harm you.

and know that YOU WILL GET BETTER.

read up on all the sypmtoms and recognise the box you fit in.

see, we're all the same, but we feel like we're the only ones with it!!!

again, learn about panic attacks so that when you have one, you are well prepared to know what may crop up and that it seriously WILL NOT HARM YOU....

take it easy kidda.

PUGLETMUM
14-08-07, 20:18
:) hi the stress youve been under and the relationship probs have most probably caused your anxiety, although you should also get yourself checked out by a doctor.read the first steps on here(in the column on the left) as you are new to anxiety you need to read up on it.

to manage the anxiety you HAVE to do what you dont want to or else you run the risk of developing a phobia and believe me you really dont want o go down that road!!!!:lac:

the other thing is you could see this a catalyst to change your life/relationship, as other people on here have said in the past it helped them to see that change was necessary and after they felt they were stronger,wiser ,happier people, just a few things to think about?

jill
14-08-07, 23:06
Hi there :hugs:

WELCOME TO THE SITE,:D

Please take time to read through the site, (first steps page)

There are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

groovygranny
14-08-07, 23:15
Hello JI:welcome:to you!

As has been mentioned First Steps is a great plcae to start - and maybe read some of the personal stories by people who have 'been there' where you are at the moment. They are very encouraging.

You'll receive plenty of help and support here - and maybe a visit to your GP just to clarify things may be of benefit to you?

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

honeybee3939
14-08-07, 23:16
Hi JI

I just wanted to welcome you to NMP too:) Its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

manmoor
15-08-07, 12:06
Hi JI,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Lindalou64
15-08-07, 13:02
Hi Ji
Welcome....as You Said You Have Been Going Thru Alot That Would Cause Most Anxiety ........just Know This.its Just A Feeling And It Will Subside I Know Its Hard But You Have To Stay Positive And Not Dwell On It.......i Wish Ya The Best...i Know You Can Beat This...........linda

trac67
15-08-07, 21:40
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Nibbles
15-08-07, 22:01
Hi JI and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. You might find some of the info on the left of this page useful and understanding panic attacks more will help you overcome them. Also try to break down what it was you had the panic over into small chunks so its easier to manage and build it up.

Take care,

Mike

jamaicainn
16-08-07, 07:39
Just wanted to say a big thank you to you all for being so kind and offering some good advice. I felt a bit calmer yesterday and am hoping I can get a grip on it before it escalates.

Have a good day everyone

JI

Pink Princess
16-08-07, 20:50
http://www.graphicsarcade.com/glitter_text/hello/hello_graphics_6.gif

love minnie xxxx

nomorepanic
17-08-07, 19:13
Hi JI

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

I am sure you will get loads of support and advice here and meet some lovely people.