PDA

View Full Version : Mind chatter

Febianperez
09-08-18, 03:32
How do you deal with this? I haven’t slept in a day, super tired and I’m moving cross country in two days.. when i try resting, my brain is just filled with random background thoughts like indecipherable bits and pieces and this one song that keeps looping like it’s stuck in my head. I’ve been obsessed with thinking i have schizophrenia

---------- Post added at 02:32 ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 ----------

Nobody ?

NancyW
09-08-18, 04:12
I've been working hard to keep intrusive thoughts out of my head. I am not a super religious person but it helps me to repeat simple prayers in my head. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. It blocks my thoughts.
Give it a try..

Benjammin69
09-08-18, 06:07
Hi mind chatter was my main symptom in depression it’s horrible. A benzo will take it away quick but other long term strategies are therapy and medication. You need to re train your brain as it has got used to something called NATS - negative automatic thoughts..... CBT will re train the brain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ankietyjoe
09-08-18, 10:55
You absolutely don't have schizophrenia, it's not the same thing.

The best way to deal with mind chatter is to just let it be and carry on as normal. Focusing on it will only make it worse, or at least seem worse. It's an uncomfortable but harmless side effect of anxiety. Pretty common too.