PDA

View Full Version : Colorectal cancer fears, I guess

LunarCoffee
09-08-18, 04:22
I'd like to start off by saying that I'm 13 years old (almost 14, but that's kind of irrelevant). I'd now like to say that I'm convinced I have weeks to live because I've got colorectal cancer. Yes, I'm 13 years old, and yes, I think I have CRC.

Why? Good question. To put it plainly, here are some symptoms:
- constant feeling of incomplete evacuation (I've read other threads and it might be tenesmus, but that sounds like it has to be urgent, while mine is just some pressure, as if there's a tiny bit of stuff there)
- occaisional pain in the general abdomen area
- (this one's hard to describe) sharp, stabbing, but very tolerable pain that might come on once a day or two, stabbing, always in the same area, just around an inch to the right of that bone you can feel sticking out (the pelvis, probably). With this, sometimes, I'll tighten my lower abs and it will hurt quite a bit (still very tolerable), which is also noticeable when I'm lying flat on something and I let go of my abs muscles so they kind of collapse into my abdomen. This happens once or twice a day, every day or every other day. Occaisional, if I bend down towards the left, I will get some pain in the area. All of the previously mentioned pain occurs in that same spot, and the pain only lasts for around 10-60 seconds.
- I have to strain to get things going, but once a stool is about to come out, it comes out on it's own. Sometimes it's dryer than I'd like (I get 1.8-2.6 L water a day), and today I found bright red bits that looked like pepper skin (I had spicy hot pot two evenings ago, roughly 46 hours before.
- A feeling of weakness and mental fatigue, though I have had a CBC two months ago which was normal (mental fatigue started before that CBC, along with brain fog, so it might be just hormones), especially in the limbs, although it appears that I am actually not weaker at all, as I can still maintain a light-ish exersise routine every day.
- Potential unexplained weight loss, not sure if I'm still losing weight or not, but I have dropped a total of 2 pounds, which I attribute to my diet of 2-3 packs of instant noodles (lower fat than you'd expect, and only 200 calories a pack) and a smoothie a day for 3 days after I got my braces (elastics are actually terrible putting them on is mentally painful).

Some other notable information:
- As far as I can remember (maybe Grade 5, I'm going to 9 this year), I've had the occaisional but relatively regular cramp in the pelvic region that would let me know I had to poop. It would be on and off, but would hurt a lot. After I went, I'd feel fine. I've also had a few random cases of diarrhea in the past, probably a low level infection, though. This probably indicates IBS or something.
- Important: I know for a fact that some, if not all, of these symptoms are not caused by anxiety (though that definitely contributes to them) because of the above point (I get those more often now, a few times a month), as well as the fact that for the last 4-5 months or so (HA began around 3 months ago) I've always had the urge to go after each dinner I ate, though I'd only actually pass anything every other night.
- Every time I did go, it'd be 2 days worth, and it'd generally torpedo out after a few moments. This leads me to believe I may have IBS-C (and I've hear that IBS tends to worsen and show itself during adolescence).
- When I wake up, I don't think I'm aware that I have these fears. In fact, they kind of "load in" one by one. I'll wake up, and 3 seconds later I'll realize "oh yeah, was worrying about that," which starts a chain reaction that puts me back where I was.

The things that bother me the most right now are the constant feeling of incomplete evacuation and the pain in the specific area, and the possible weight loss. I'm honestly completely unsure as to what to do now, and even though I'm around a million times more likely to have IBS than cancer (actually though), my brain can't properly comprehend that, so guess I'll exist.

This sound like IBS or anything? (my parents know this, and I may consider self-help CBT and see if I can pull it off)

ClaireB83
09-08-18, 04:39
Most of, if not all, of those symptoms can also be related to Chrons. Have you looked into that?

The likelyhood of it being CRC is incredibly, incredibly slim.

It's great if you'd parents know you are struggling with these anxieties. Talking helps! And I really would recommend CBT or even practicing some meditation.

LunarCoffee
09-08-18, 04:43
Most of, if not all, of those symptoms can also be related to Chrons. Have you looked into that?

I have, actually (haha, I've googled. maybe shouldn't have, idk). My symptoms honestly represent IBS more than Crohn's or UC (more UC than Crohn's though, I think). I don't have any bleeding, as far as I know, the fatigue is probably unrelated, as sleep seems to fix most of that. No fevers of nausea or vomiting, either. Still possible, though.

nomorepanic
09-08-18, 11:43
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239