PDA

View Full Version : Constant fear of Bowel cancer

Nocthur
09-08-18, 15:52
First of all, thank you for reading this. Any advice is appreciated

So here it goes, about a week ago everything was going normal bowel movements were fine, i felt perfectly healthy and so on.

Then, suddenly, last Wednesday i went to the toilet and noticed large amounts of bright blood on the toilet paper and some dripping into the bowl.
This, started to freak me out even tho i had this happen once or twice over the years.
First i thought nothing of it, but when it continued the next day, i went to my GP who basically didn't tell me anything. He asked questions, wrote a referal to a proctologist, gave me some anti-hemorrhoid creme and some other medicine that didn't really help at all.
Over the next couple of days the bleeding while not being so severe that it would drip down was still very present. As in, it still staining a lot of toilet paper till it stopped. This only happened on the first bowel movement of the day.
Since monday or so, my bowel movements changed from 1 every 2 days to a solid 3-4 every day. Other than that i also started feeling incredibly tired. Not as in feeling weak, just constant, uninterupted sleepiness that won't go away with sleep. By this point i had already read up on every possible symptom of colon cancer and it sent me down a spiral of constant fear which was worsened when 2 days ago i started to have excessive flatulence i would let a fart out every few minutes all day long.
So yeah, this has been my last week. I don't know why exactly i'm posting this, probably just looking for someone who had similar experiences to calm me down. Because at this point i'm just sitting here trying not to freak out and break down even more than i already have.

So all in all me+my symptoms:

22yo male
blood (occasional mucus) in stool
extreme tiredness that won't go away with sleep
excessive flatulence
bowel movement changes from 1 every few days to 3-4 every day

lucymarie
09-08-18, 15:59
Bright red blood is usually from fissures from straining etc, if it was higher up the tract it's usually a darker red. Also the increase in BM's could be from the anxiety.

Andrash
09-08-18, 15:59
Bowel cancer is old (wo)man's disease. You are 22 - it means you would be a medical miracle if you had it.

You should schedule your appointment with proctologist to find out about blood in stool, but I am 100% certain it is not caused by cancer. As for other things: bowel movement, flatulence, fatigue (tiredness) - they are classic symptoms of anxiety.

nomorepanic
09-08-18, 18:20
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

Valton20
09-08-18, 20:28
I'm 26yo male and I've also been experiencing the same things recently, minus the blood which I was mistaking bright red tomato skins and miniscule tomato spots for.
I've had diarrhea or loose stool, as well as having to go often, for the whole of July until just before August, then for 10 days I started having completely normal stool and then yesterday I've had almost diarrhea again, extremely loose stuff. My GI and GP both said it's normal for IBS.

That being said, do yourself a favor and don't skimp on any details when you go to your appointment with a proctologist/any future appointments. Don't be ashamed to say anything, it's their job to hear this stuff and any detail you give them will help both them but also yourself, since it will make it easier for them to reassure you.

Also, sorry if I'm being captain obvious here but I've heard this from both a hemorrhoid surgeon and my GI. Are you applying the hemorrhoid cream INSIDE too, through a small tube that sometimes come with it? Or just outside?
I've been told that a lot of people make the mistake of not putting cream on the inside too. Hemorrhoids can be internal too, give it a try.