PDA

View Full Version : New fear , please help!!!!

Kat16
09-08-18, 18:44
Two years ago I had these little pains in my breasts , jaw, left arm, and ribs right under my breasts, and I was convinced it was my heart . I went to the doctor and she said t was anxiety and Gerd. After a week I felt better. Then last year I fainted so I had 3 EKGs , holster monitor, and echocardiogram all came back normal. In January I had the same symptoms as last time with little pains, but I also had back pain. They only last a second and almost always occur when I’m resting . I tried to stay calm and started ranitidine again . It went away and I got lazy about my ranitidine, stopped taking it and the symptoms are now back and my health anxiety is in full gear . I am terrified it’s not anxiety and Gerd and there is something wrong with my heart . Please help! I keep having terrible panic attacks over this , and I am dealing with agoraphobia which doesn’t help. I keep trying to tell myself that symptoms of heart problems are not going to stop for a year or a few months but I can’t get out of this hole .

Fishmanpa
09-08-18, 18:55
So you felt better taking the ranitidine so you stopped and the symptoms came back. To equate this to heart issues is like saying 2+2=7 :huh:

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
09-08-18, 18:55
Why don't you start taking the medication again then?

Serenitystars
09-08-18, 23:19
This is what I’m going do right now! I went in to a clinic for some slight coughing after meals and they thought it be related to GERD even though I have no other symptoms.
I’m reluctant to take the medication because I don’t really know if my coughing is related to GERD (they didn’t run any test or give me a definite answer) the medication they gave is like the test if it works it’s GERD, if not it’s something else. (Medication has some pretty bad effects long term wise)

I was wondering how did they determine you have GERD? Just base off your symptoms? There’s a test out there called ph testing for GERD that can confirm if you have it, maybe that will put your worries to rest. It’s a 24 hour thing (sometimes longer) where you would wear this capsule inside of you and every time you experience symptoms (heart burn etc..) you would record it, the capsule would monitor the ph level inside of you.
Hope this makes sense, best of luck :hugs:

Fishmanpa
09-08-18, 23:25
I was wondering how did they determine you have GERD? Just base off your symptoms?

In many cases yes. Gerd is as easy to diagnose as a cold. The fact that the meds took care of the symptoms verifies the diagnosis.

Positive thoughts

Serenitystars
09-08-18, 23:32
In many cases yes. Gerd is as easy to diagnose as a cold. The fact that the meds took care of the symptoms verifies the diagnosis.

Positive thoughts

Oh okay, thank you. This kinda sucks because I don’t want to take medication until I know for sure I need it :C

Kat16
10-08-18, 02:30
Why don't you start taking the medication again then?

I went back on them a few days ago. It always takes a while for me to feel better after I go back in them. My HA is just telling me that this time it’s my heart and not Gerd .

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

This is what I’m going do right now! I went in to a clinic for some slight coughing after meals and they thought it be related to GERD even though I have no other symptoms.
I’m reluctant to take the medication because I don’t really know if my coughing is related to GERD (they didn’t run any test or give me a definite answer) the medication they gave is like the test if it works it’s GERD, if not it’s something else. (Medication has some pretty bad effects long term wise)

I was wondering how did they determine you have GERD? Just base off your symptoms? There’s a test out there called ph testing for GERD that can confirm if you have it, maybe that will put your worries to rest. It’s a 24 hour thing (sometimes longer) where you would wear this capsule inside of you and every time you experience symptoms (heart burn etc..) you would record it, the capsule would monitor the ph level inside of you.
Hope this makes sense, best of luck :hugs:

No test just diagnosed based off of my symptoms, my husband was diagnosed the same way.

Fishmanpa
10-08-18, 02:41
Oh okay, thank you. This kinda sucks because I don’t want to take medication until I know for sure I need it :C

Well try this.... Go back on the meds and eat right for the next 2-3 weeks and see if it improves. I have a gut feeling it will and then you'll know for sure.

Positive thoughts