PDA

View Full Version : First oncology visit tomorrow

mare serenitatis
09-08-18, 19:29
I’m in the process of ruling out lymphoma. My spleen is enlarged, my tonsils and my throat. I’ve been fatigued and my neck and chest lymph nodes have been swollen and painful.

I went to the ENT for a test to see why my strep infection didn’t go down with a previous dose of antibiotics. He said that it could be a virus, or part of the suspected lymphoma- (which I am in the process of checking) . But they are running a culture anyway to be sure. I have an appointment with an oncologist tomorrow, and I’m a mess. If it’s not cancer, but bacterial, we are going to take steps to remove my tonsils.

I’m just scared. I don’t want to have cancer. I’m 26, I have a baby, I’m happily married. I’m absolutely terrified.

SarahNah
09-08-18, 22:57
I don't have much I can add! I just want to wish you luck with tomorrow.

My Mam had a world of health issues after having both my siblings and me! She had her first child 32 years and me 22 years ago and she still suffers somewhat with some of those issues now but she's 57 and kicking!...I just hope it all works out for you.

mare serenitatis
10-08-18, 03:45
Thank you so much!!!

ODA_555
29-08-18, 19:01
Thank you so much!!!

Did you get any further along getting insight into your symptoms?

UsatoUk
29-08-18, 20:23
Im on the same boat. Its not easy being a mom and having thought of not being there for your child