PDA

View Full Version : Yep worried about dislocated toe again

Clydesdale Epona
10-08-18, 21:14
Some may know a while ago I was worried I dislocated my little toe after hitting it, it turns out it was just fractured and that was from direct Trauma, well a few minutes ago I was flexing my toes and my little one clicked now I'm terrified it's dislocate because it feels weird and hurts even though it was normal movements and not truama,

I really don't understand my anxiety sometimes its really overreactive but it feels so real to me? Like people can say you can't dislocate it that way but to me I just think it feels so dislocated so it must be and if I leave it tonight I'll die? I'm sorry for the ramble I'm just really having a bad time lately :blush:

ErinKC
10-08-18, 22:34
Even if your toe was dislocated, you can't die from that.

Clydesdale Epona
11-08-18, 00:38
I know and I think my anxiety might know too because now i'm focused on the intense pain in my calf that may be just cramp but obviously in my head is a blood clot forming.

I know I inconvenience people and all this worrying doesn't help I really want to get treated because times like these where I am convinced I am going to die isn't fun but I'm just not getting anywhere in regards to doctors :weep:

KK77
11-08-18, 00:44
I'm just not getting anywhere in regards to doctors :weep:

What do you mean? Can't you get an appointment with your GP?

Clydesdale Epona
11-08-18, 00:47
I did try my GP again, got my yearly 4 weeks of temporary CBT and that's it, tried another doctor but couldn't get anywhere as I'm already referred for the CBT.

At a dead end I feel at the moment, sick of crying in such hysterics because I believe I'm going to die it's so scary because in these moments (like right now) I believe I have the worst case scenario and just panicked rather than rationalising or doing owt :weep:

nomorepanic
11-08-18, 00:54
You can do self-help CBT though in the meantime

Clydesdale Epona
11-08-18, 00:55
Yeah I will give that a go, just sick of getting 4 weeks of CBT by a non trained professional a year and that being it I really want more, or counselling or medication ect.

I'm really struggling lately I'm a mess I just cry over everything that happens

AMomentofClarity
11-08-18, 01:06
Yeah I will give that a go, just sick of getting 4 weeks of CBT by a non trained professional a year and that being it I really want more, or counselling or medication ect.

I'm really struggling lately I'm a mess I just cry over everything that happens

Have you discussed medications with your doctor?

Clydesdale Epona
11-08-18, 01:11
I have requested/tried to talk about it to both of them but they haven't really seemed interested just say I don't need it, I have written down my symptoms and feelings, how it affects me (like situations like tonight where I'm sat here crying and can't sleep) can't eat, ect.

I've also written down all my A and E visits as maybe when they see how much I have visited this year that will help?

AMomentofClarity
11-08-18, 01:39
I’m glad to hear you’ve tried! It’s disappointing that they’ve dismissed you like that. Medication can be a huge help, especially to help level things out so that you can make the most of your 4 weeks of CBT.

KK77
11-08-18, 01:39
I can understand GP being reluctant to dish out meds due to your age, but your anxiety disorder and mental wellbeing have to be taken seriously. Perhaps a simple betablocker like Propranolol can take edge off your physical symptoms so you can focus more on self-help while you're waiting for CBT.

I think you definitely need to see GP again and try your best to express just how severely your anxiety is impacting your life.

Clydesdale Epona
11-08-18, 01:45
I'm definitely going to Monday especially with everything I've written down, I would be happy with something simple like propanalol I found in the past I'd be worried for an hour and then if I distracted myself it would be fine but lately I'm worse and if i'm not shipping off to A and E(was tempted but have decided against that,) then I'm sat there waiting for symptoms to appear that may never will while crying and if something could take that edge off it would be great especially for others so I stop bugging them as I'm definitely aware of much of a handful I am sometimes (particularly lately)

MyNameIsTerry
11-08-18, 04:55
I guess meds will depend on how your symptoms manifest. If it's less about palpitations leading to panic and more about other symptoms that beta blockers don't work on, or obsessive thinking, then it's perhaps more antidepressants. They can help reduce anxiety but you have to approach them open minded to the possibility of being worse for so many weeks first and there is also the possibility of needing dose adjustments or switches.

In terms of therapy who are you seeing? Are you self referring through IAPT? They provide two levels of treatment and given how yours is impacting on you they perhaps need to forget about the guided self help level and move to the intensive level which should give you more around 10-12 sessions (some areas are less than national guidelines, sadly).

Your anxiety seems more specific than others on here, in my opinion, in that it focuses on the lack of access to emergency help as well as the catastrophizing side and it also focuses on injury rather than illness. Much of treatment is going to be the same as everyone but I think your therapist should notice this quite early on so they can tailor therapy to eliminate the root of why this upsets you.

Clydesdale Epona
11-08-18, 08:27
I'm seeing a local charity service that provides short-term CBT by its volunteer counsellors the weeks can't be upped as 4 to 5 is about how much you get with it

Clydesdale Epona
11-08-18, 14:57
Well the leg pains stopped but now my chest hurts a little and I'm out of breath so worried it was a blood clot that moved to my lung oops

MyNameIsTerry
12-08-18, 01:48
Then they are either not an IAPT provider or are not offering proper IAPT services (maybe due to lack of staffing, but it's no excuse as they would be getting service grants to perform NHS works) as they only offer Level 2.

Google IAPT NHS and you will get a link to their IAPT provider search facility. Punch in your post code and you will get the name, address and maybe website of yours. You can then look on their website for what services they offer. If their website isn't shown just Google IAPT + your local area and it may come up as long as you know the providers name. Otherwise your local council website and local NHS trust websites will also show them.

Most are charities. Many are part of the Rethink or MIND networks.