PDA

View Full Version : worried about dehydration

heylumos
11-08-18, 10:53
So I just realised that I’ve only had around 250mLs of water to drink today, and it’s already 8pm! So of course I freaked out, convinced that I was going to die of dehydration. But I’m wary of drinking too much water to make up for it, as I’m also terrified of making my salt levels too low. Has anyone else gone this long on this little water? Were you alright? Sorry, I’m sure I’m being paranoid!

Graceski
11-08-18, 11:01
Hiya, try not to worry. Earlier in the year I had a stomach bug and I couldn't hold down any fluids for 24 hours and I was absolutely fine!

Just resume your normal drinking pattern now, don't gussle loads!

ankietyjoe
11-08-18, 13:44
It takes a few days to die from dehydration, or alternatively several hours sweating your butt off in high heat.

You're not going to effect your electrolyte levels by re-hydrating now either. You need to sweat profusely to lose the electrolyte's or drink gallons and gallons of water to do that.

You have literally nothing to worry about. Drink a litre or so over the next couple of hours and you'll be absolutely fine.

Capercrohnj
11-08-18, 15:00
It takes way more than a few days. I'm chronically dehydrated and still alive.

heylumos
12-08-18, 02:30
Hiya, try not to worry. Earlier in the year I had a stomach bug and I couldn't hold down any fluids for 24 hours and I was absolutely fine!

Just resume your normal drinking pattern now, don't gussle loads!

Thank you! This really helped me to talk myself down haha

---------- Post added at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 ----------

It takes a few days to die from dehydration, or alternatively several hours sweating your butt off in high heat.

You're not going to effect your electrolyte levels by re-hydrating now either. You need to sweat profusely to lose the electrolyte's or drink gallons and gallons of water to do that.

You have literally nothing to worry about. Drink a litre or so over the next couple of hours and you'll be absolutely fine.

Thank you! I feel a lot more reassured now

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 ----------

It takes way more than a few days. I'm chronically dehydrated and still alive.

Thank you! (and I am very glad that you're still alive)