PDA

View Full Version : Crystals in urine, Kidney stone? Plz help

Fallingapart
11-08-18, 16:07
Ok so about 2 weeks ago I started urinating frequently, around that time I got a sudden pain in m lower right side of my back .it lasted a few seconds felt like pinching.maybe like 2 or 3 days later I got it again a little longer this time lasted about 2 mins. Then I noticed pain after urinating like my bladder not back pain .I was convinced I had a UTI so I went in to my drs to get my urine checked and today my drs assistant called to tell me there was no infection but he seen crystals and small amount of blood,he asked if I had back pain and I told him yes a couple of weeks ago.so he wants me to get an ultrasound on Tuesday to check for stones,I'm scared out of my mind I've never had a stone before. Please if any of you have had stones or crystals in your urine please let me know what to expect. My Ha is now at full blast and I'm trying to calm myself down without googling it 😕

NancyW
12-08-18, 01:00
First ... Bravo to you for not googling!

I have not had kidney stones but I can count 10 people in my family thst do get them including my son.

If the crystals are related to kidney stones you are one lucky duck to only have minor pain. The ultrasound will give you good information going forward, if there is evidence of kidney stones you will be able to be proactive and prevent getting more. The ultrasound is a good thing... you want this information.