PDA

View Full Version : Blood on stool introduction

HJM
11-08-18, 23:12
Hi I’m a 34 year old female who about 2 weeks ago noticed blood on outside of stool. I was lucky enough to get a flexi sigmoidoscopy a week later which was clear. Since then I’ve been inspecting my stools and noticed red lumps which I can remove from an otherwise normal looking stool. They don’t stain paper red but they do smear red when pushed. So anxious. I have occasional grumbly tummy.
So worried. My partner thinks I’m looking for things to be worried about

venusbluejeans
11-08-18, 23:18
Hiya HJM and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

nomorepanic
12-08-18, 00:06
Are you sure it is not food?

It can't be anything serious if you have been checked out to be honest.

HJM
12-08-18, 00:29
I’m hoping it’s not but the flexi sigmoidoscopy only goes part of the way in rectum and left hand side. Could the blood be coming from a higher unexamined part of colon

nomorepanic
12-08-18, 00:30
It is more likely from piles - do you have them? or a small tear/fissure?

Still could be food?

HJM
12-08-18, 08:05
No piles showed up in the flex sigmoidoscopy.
Again this morning red pieces that can pulled away don’t stain the paper on touching only when pushed

nomorepanic
12-08-18, 13:16
So it is more likely food then. What did you eat yesterday? The likely culprits are tomatoes and red peppers - that sort of thing.

HJM
12-08-18, 13:39
I had margarita pizza, water melon. Chillis in a frittata. This isn’t the only day I’ve had it. I’m trying to eat anything red today to see if it’s still there

nomorepanic
12-08-18, 13:50
Yeah good idea and then see what happens.