PDA

View Full Version : Can symptoms of stress actually kill me?

in-love-but-im-lazy
12-08-18, 01:51
I have been extremely stressed lately- and my body has not been friendly to me. I work in a theme park as a technician so I do a lot of walking and heavy lifting. I am a small 18 year old girl, so I am not at risk for heart problems to my knowledge.
Each time I stand up, I have started getting pins and needles in my feet. My appetite has decreased significantly as I cannot keep anything down. My head has a consistent pressure in it, I get sharp pains in my chest, and at random times my lungs feel warm and painful like the air is being sucked out of them. This scares me especially. Even though I know that it is most likely due to stress, I have this thought that the stress will actually kill me and I will drop dead at work. Does anyone have any words of how to gain control of my body back? My health anxiety isn't helping me to think rationally about this.

heylumos
12-08-18, 02:41
They all sound like anxiety symptoms to me! I also get sharp chest pains, but I've had every heart test there is and there's nothing wrong with me. It might be worth getting your vitamin/iron levels tested, bc if they're a bit low they can also give you unpleasant symptoms (low levels aren't at all dangerous, don't worry! they can just make you feel unwell, and also sometimes increase anxiety. and they're very easy to fix, so if that's your problem it will have an easy solution). If all your levels are fine, then I think you can rest assured that it's definitely anxiety. Hope you feel better soon! x

paranoid-viking
12-08-18, 10:48
At your age? Extremely, extremely unlikely. Much more likely to happen to me to be straight foreward. But it never hurts to do a regular; lets say anually check up of your heart rate and blood pressure to see if everything is fine. I do that and it comes out fine.