PDA

View Full Version : Als/motor neurone disease worries

dmc1892
12-08-18, 13:21
Hi ,

Last week or so I’ve felt a bit weaker and stiffer in my left side limbs , sometimes my left hand feels weaker than my right , my left leg feels a bit weaker too and sometimes stiff , I don’t know if this is due to working out or my anxious mind .

Any advice on what I should do ?

BazB44
12-08-18, 13:36
dmc, this particular disease fear is the worst. Ive been a hypochondriac for 20 years, and feared many things. This by far is the worst to fear, the biggest and deepest rabbit hole you can get in. Its taken 2 years of my life from me so far, 2 years I will never get back. Im still walking, moving, talking, lifting weights....but still fearing. PLEASE do yourself a huge favor and don't google, don't dwell on things. This rabbit hole will ruin your life.

You name the symptom, ive had it.

Just this morning I sat on a table and tested my reflexes lol. They were good by the way, but since it was first thing in the morning I worried that it wasn't legitimate so I may try again later. Yes, im that bad. Why? Because I fell down the rabbit hole too deep.

dmc1892
12-08-18, 14:51
Thanks for your reply , I’ve had similar weakness symptoms
Before with weakness down the left , but I can’t get it out my head I’m
Even concentrating on every little thing I do with picking stuff up
Etc but I can still do weights and running etc

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:42 ----------

I know I shouldn’t ask but if I was suffering from it , I would be struggling with basic Tasks?

Fishmanpa
12-08-18, 15:29
I know I shouldn’t ask but if I was suffering from it , I would be struggling with basic Tasks?

READ THIS (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=196071) as many times as you need to!

Positive thoughts

dmc1892
12-08-18, 15:36
READ THIS (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=196071) as many times as you need to!

Positive thoughts

Thank
You very much taht does help

HelloPanda23
13-08-18, 04:47
dmc, this particular disease fear is the worst. Ive been a hypochondriac for 20 years, and feared many things. This by far is the worst to fear, the biggest and deepest rabbit hole you can get in. Its taken 2 years of my life from me so far, 2 years I will never get back. Im still walking, moving, talking, lifting weights....but still fearing. PLEASE do yourself a huge favor and don't google, don't dwell on things. This rabbit hole will ruin your life.

You name the symptom, ive had it.

Just this morning I sat on a table and tested my reflexes lol. They were good by the way, but since it was first thing in the morning I worried that it wasn't legitimate so I may try again later. Yes, im that bad. Why? Because I fell down the rabbit hole too deep.

Have you considered that even if you do get the disease, that your life isn’t over, and that you can still be with your family and friends for the most part? Think of the positives over the negatives. Yea sure, you will end up dying if you get the disease, but until then, can you still do some of the things you really enjoy doing in life? Focus on that, and the fear shouldn’t strive on for long. Trust me, I’ve gone through ALS fears for 2 months, but it ended up getting less and less scary. My fear atm is worse than ALS but either way, move on already. 2 years is too much time, don’t lose more. Stop your checking, and don’t search up anything health related. Just do the things you enjoy in life and nothing else. Live like you did back when your HA wasn’t debilitationg. At those times, did you waste time on these forums? Did you worry over stupid diseases? No, so don’t do it now. Everytime your anxiety reminds you of your fear, say ‘thank you for sharing’ and move on.

BazB44
13-08-18, 04:52
yes, the key to beating anxiety isn't to "beat" it actually....its too accept it. Fighting it off will only make it worse and stronger. Accept it.

Hello anxiety. Oh look this hand feels weaker again. Cool. Oh now youre giving me the dreaded twitch. That's cool too. Take care.

tryingtosurvive1
15-08-18, 05:42
This is feeling not failing! ALS tends to present with falling or dropping things not just feeling stiff.