PDA

View Full Version : Hello, new here. Neurological issues.

Archaga
13-08-18, 03:30
Hi everyone, I'll try to keep this as short as I can so I don't annoy anyone.

When I was a kid I was always shaky, nervous, fatigued, had charley horses in calves (fancy word for cramp), had issues with swallowing off and on, jelly legs, stuttery voice, and have been twitchy for probably 10 years now...I just never cared about them until the past 2 years when they got worse.

These past 2 years have been brutal for me, probably the worst anxiety I've ever experienced. It started with a doctor telling me I needed to see a cardiologist ASAP, so I panicked for weeks (it was nothing). I then got all sorts of weird symptoms like:

Wet foot feeling. Burning arm. Cramp in my right bicep every time I was stressed. Butterfly-like twitches all over my calves. Twitchy and stiff fingers (stiffness goes away after I crack them). Warm or cold sensations on arms. Dead arm feelings. Twitchy head to toe. Voice going in and out. Swallowing issues came back off and on. Meralgia parasthetica (numbness on side of leg). My legs feel heavy when I run, and I get cramps in my calves after doing exercise (I tense my legs when I walk since I get jelly legs).

These symptoms come and go. I had weeks where I was out of it, followed by weeks of feeling great.

I was doing pretty good for a few months until about a week ago. I started to get twitches in my calves again, followed by mild cramps in them. Now, the front of my calf (shin area) is achy/tight a lot. Also get some tingling and vibrations, but haven't noticed any weakness at all.

I do have IBS, Restless Legs Syndrome, TMJ and sinus issues. I also have feet that flare out, so that might irritate a nerve.

Its been nearly 2 years since all the "worst" started. Ive had many of these symptoms since I was a kid, but Unfortunately I google a lot, and some of these articles terrify me. Im mostly worried about the neurological stuff I get, like lately with my calves being twitchy and achy, and twitches in general.

Just wondering if anyone has similar experience and wants to give their input. Thanks in advance.

katniss
13-08-18, 20:46
Neurological issues terrify me. And I fear them the most. Currently going through a scare right now actually. I hate it. This time for me it’s more misreading text, fumbling with words, ghosting with high contrasts and head pains. It sucks.

Now, here’s the thing. I was having similar symptoms as you in my left leg. My left leg constantly felt restless and my second toe would sometimes move. This freaked me out even more, until I realized it was my heels. I had recently bought a new pair of heels that were causing me some pain while wearing them and they caused some weird nerve impingement in my leg. The issue resolved in a week or so. But could it be your shoes also?