PDA

View Full Version : Vision problems or.. idk

kay1218
13-08-18, 04:59
So the last day or two i have just seen a lot of floaters in my vision. Nothing extreme, i don’t see stuff that isn’t there or anything. I can’t seem to ease my own mind though, I’ll see little dots like little gnats except there are no gnats... or I’ll see like a little faint squiggly line that goes away if i blink a few times... sometimes when i first look at something I’ll see a dot kind of?? Almost like the way it looks if you look at a flashlight but smaller?? I hope someone knows what I’m talking about and can ease my mind... i can’t help but think in the back of my mind that this is something serious like a brain issue or a serious mental disorder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LunarCoffee
13-08-18, 05:01
Actually, everyone has at least some of these. They're just microscopic particles at the back of your eye, nothing dangerous. In fact, they helped prove that the brightest part of a sphere's shadow was the center of it.

kay1218
13-08-18, 17:06
Actually, everyone has at least some of these. They're just microscopic particles at the back of your eye, nothing dangerous. In fact, they helped prove that the brightest part of a sphere's shadow was the center of it.

So you don’t think it’s something worth worrying ab? It just freaks me out when i notice it... maybe I’ve always had it but my anxiety being bad lately has just caused me to focus on it

Shadowhawk
13-08-18, 19:07
They are called floaters, and everyone has them from time to time, especially as we age. They can be a sign of a problem, WHEN seen in large quantities, and typically with other symptoms such as random flashing lights or severe pain. If it is just the occasional one.. don't stress it at all.

kay1218
13-08-18, 19:10
They are called floaters, and everyone has them from time to time, especially as we age. They can be a sign of a problem, WHEN seen in large quantities, and typically with other symptoms such as random flashing lights or severe pain. If it is just the occasional one.. don't stress it at all.

It’s become often the last few days but they’re nothing large or anything. I do see flashing lights sometimes... I’m pretty young though I’m 18.. idk.

jray23
13-08-18, 19:15
Literally all the time, my whole life. Very normal.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

ErinKC
14-08-18, 00:30
Totally normal. I have a few that I notice when it's really sunny. My husband has a lot. When he first noticed them it caused him a lot of stress and made him kind of depressed. He couldn't stop focusing on them. But, over time he stopped noticing them so much and now he's not bothered by them. Yours almost certainly seem worse because you started focusing on them.

Sparky16
14-08-18, 04:39
I have a mix of floaters, some of them dating back to when I was a kid. The oldest ones look like little bubbles, or little grey hollow circles. They are very tiny and show up best against the blue sky. Then there is a squiggle line in one eye that sometimes appears when I first wake up and goes away in a blink or two. And finally I have one that looks like a blurry grey spot that is very annoying because I can toss it back and forth across my vision like a tennis ball when I'm reading. So floaters can look like a lot of things. They tend to come and go, because they shift in your eye with movement which takes them in and out of focus.

I've had something like the dot you describe as well. I also had arcs of light when I was your age, that had some thing to do with the vitreous in the eye pulling on the retina when I tilted my head. If you are nearsighted, this is more likely to happen. I also have had optical migraines, just to add some more lights to the mix!

At your age its unlikely to be anything of significance, just that you've started noticing them. I had a coworker with a small retinal tear, and the floaters from that were much more dramatic that what you are describing. (She had the laser surgery and is fine now.) However you might want to have an optometrist take a look at your eyes just to be safe, and they can give you some guidance on what you are experiencing.