PDA

View Full Version : Have I got rectal cancer?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Toby2000
20-07-18, 04:07
Hi,

Well I just went for a Number 2 and when I wiped, the tissue was literally COVERED in bright red, fresh blood and there was like a huge blotch of it.

When I wiped again there was nothing there.

I'm 17 years old and the stool was solid and not thinned out or anything. I had diarrhoea a few days ago but that was because of eating a lot of junk food, like I have a terrible diet. There was a lot of mucus though with my diarrhoea- but no noticeable blood. I also haven't been constipated in a long time.

This is the first time I've EVER noticed blood though

And when I had a look at the stool in the toilet (I didn't touch it or anything), there was no blood and nothing was black, it was just noticeable on the toilet paper.

I have no discomfort, stomach pains and everything feels absolutely normal

It looked a bit like this, which I found on the internet, only there was a little less blood and the black thing wasn't on the paper (warning: it's quite disgusting): http://hemorrhoid-treatment-advice.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/hemorrhoid-bleeding-324x160.jpg

From a google search, it sounds like it's probably haemorrhoids but what if it's bowel cancer?

Should I give it a week and if it happens again I'll see a doctor?

Thanks

EDIT: Now I think about it, I do feel a tiny sensation from inside that area. It doesn't hurt and it's almost unnoticeable but yeah

EDIT: I just sat down on the toilet and there was a small blotch of blood when I wiped again (I didn't pass anything). WHAT IF I BLEED TO DEATH?

Mostu
20-07-18, 09:48
It's definitely hemorrhoids, you're too young. I had the same thing happen to me last December, I consulted it with my uncle, who's a surgeon for 30 years, and he told me that during his career he only had 1 patient with bowel cancer under 40, he was 38 if I remember correctly. I'm 22 and I still wanted to get checked, and while I had no hemmorhoids, a polyp was found and that could've caused the bleeding in my case.

I would recommend going to the doctor about it - while it's nothing sinister, hemmorhoids can be a pain in the ass (sorry I just couldn't resist that pun) later on.

nomorepanic
20-07-18, 13:10
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

nomorepanic
20-07-18, 13:11
It will be piles I am sure.

Toby2000
11-08-18, 05:09
Hi,

Well 3 weeks ago this happened:

Hi,

Well I just went for a Number 2 and when I wiped, the tissue was literally COVERED in bright red, fresh blood and there was like a huge blotch of it.

When I wiped again there was nothing there.

I'm 17 years old and the stool was solid and not thinned out or anything. I had diarrhoea a few days ago but that was because of eating a lot of junk food, like I have a terrible diet. There was a lot of mucus though with my diarrhoea- but no noticeable blood. I also haven't been constipated in a long time.

This is the first time I've EVER noticed blood though

And when I had a look at the stool in the toilet (I didn't touch it or anything), there was no blood and nothing was black, it was just noticeable on the toilet paper.

I have no discomfort, stomach pains and everything feels absolutely normal

It looked a bit like this, which I found on the internet, only there was a little less blood and the black thing wasn't on the paper (warning: it's quite disgusting): http://hemorrhoid-treatment-advice.n...ng-324x160.jpg

From a google search, it sounds like it's probably haemorrhoids but what if it's bowel cancer?

Should I give it a week and if it happens again I'll see a doctor?

Thanks

EDIT: Now I think about it, I do feel a tiny sensation from inside that area. It doesn't hurt and it's almost unnoticeable but yeah

EDIT: I just sat down on the toilet and there was a small blotch of blood when I wiped again (I didn't pass anything). WHAT IF I BLEED TO DEATH?

three weeks later..

and there wasn't more blood that I noticed on the paper when I wiped UNTIL NOW. I noticed a tiny streak of BRIGHT RED BLOOD on the paper. And my stools have all been loose 70% of the time over the three weeks and sometimes THIN. I think this is because I also have anxiety (which can cause looser stools and thin ones too) and because I have a terrible diet of mainly junk food

This sounds disgusting but there's also a slight fishy odour there when I've smelled the paper once or twice to check if it was hemmerhoids, because an odour is a symptom. Sorry that's so disgusting but I was desperate

I've had no serious stomach/bowel pains except for times when I need the toilet after eating a lot or something and it's totally bearable then

What should I do?

---------- Post added at 05:09 ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 ----------

Bowel cancer symptoms:

Bleeding from your bottom and/or blood in your poo

Yes, a lot of bright red blood three weeks ago that came with a hard stool.

Three weeks have gone by and I didn't notice any until now, which was a tiny streak of bright red blood.

My stools aren't ever really like dark and black, recently they've been lighter brown but looser

A persistent and unexplained change in bowel habit

Sometimes it can be firmer, sometimes loose and sometimes (which happens a lot now) thin, but I do have very poor diet and I have anxiety which I've heard can cause that. But I don't wanna just jump to that as a reason because it could be something more sinister

Unexplained weight loss

I wish. If anything I think I've put quite a lot on

Extreme tiredness for no obvious reason

No. I can stay up all night if I want to and if I am tired it's because I stay up all night a lot of the time and sometimes only get 5-6 hours sleep

A pain or lump in your tummy

No I haven't experienced any tummy pain, more like bowel pain IF I need the toilet and that's more of a discomfort than a pain

Scass
11-08-18, 07:19
Then No, you don’t have cancer. It’s common to have internal piles, but it’s also very likely that your hard poo caused a fissure or something.
Scary to see, but really nothing to concern yourself too much over.

How about you try and eat a bit healthier, do some exercise or something. That will make you feel better in more ways than one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clydesdale Epona
11-08-18, 08:41
Yep then bowel cancer is definitely ruled out can be hemmoroids or fissures or a number of things, try to eat healthier and exercise more as scass suggested and if symptoms persist and you're worried, see a GP x

Toby2000
11-08-18, 16:37
I know but I have thinner stools, occasionally with mucus and had A LOT of blood three weeks ago

Toby2000
11-08-18, 21:42
PLEASE HELP I'm freaking out... what is it about my case specifically that makes bowel cancer unlikely besides my age

Capercrohnj
11-08-18, 22:23
You went 3 weeks without bleeding. Cancer doesn't come and go.

nomorepanic
11-08-18, 23:15
most likely to be piles

Toby2000
12-08-18, 00:15
You went 3 weeks without bleeding. Cancer doesn't come and go.

I know but aren't tumours or whatever temperamental? Like that first night there was a LOT of bright red blood and all of a sudden it stopped for 3 weeks and now last night I wipe and there's a tiny trace of the same bright red blood on the paper.

But my stools have been notably thinner and looser and there's been on and off mucus (I don't know if that's always been present but I saw it a few times with no blood there)

I'm just so worried I can't even sleep. I know that can actually cause the loose stools, and I have been none stop worrying about other thins (not as much as this) over the past three weeks as well as eating a lot of junk food, so maybe that explains the loose stools. But there's also the slight fishy smell too that's been there for the past 3 weeks that I don't understand..

:scared15::weep::scared15::weep:

nomorepanic
12-08-18, 00:17
I get a lot of blood and I have crohn's and IBS but the cause is small piles and they can bleed a lot!

Drink more water, eat better and see how it goes and if you are worried see your doctor.

Toby2000
12-08-18, 01:21
POSITIVE UPDATE!

I went to toilet and basically the hemmheroid popped out and it was as sore as hell and it felt like something was trying to bulge out. My anus feels swollen and sore which'll explain why not much comes out when I pass. There was fresh blood when I wiped

Does this explain the massive amount of blood from 3 weeks ago? Can they last 3 weeks? Can they like calm down and then flare up again?

IM SO HAPPY

---------- Post added at 01:18 ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 ----------

Wait just cause it felt swollen and very sore around my anus does that DEFINITELY 100% mean a hemherroid? Or just a sore butt h*ole[COLOR="blue"]

---------- Post added at 01:21 ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 ----------

Fishmanpa
12-08-18, 05:06
does that DEFINITELY 100% mean a hemherroid? Or just a sore butt h*ole

Both! :whistles: Get yourself some OTC hemmie remedy to help put out the fire.

Positive thoughts

Toby2000
13-08-18, 08:09
Hi,

I'm 17 and male

You may have seen my post from before..

Basically three weeks ago or so on July 20th I passed a hard stool and when I wiped, the paper was covered in bright red blood. The bleeding continued for a couple of hours after that on and off (dripping in the toilet bowl too) and then stopped for 3 weeks.

I've also noticed a bit of mucus in my stool from time to time.

My stools have sometimes been looser too and a bit thinner but I think this is because of my worrying (which I've heard can cause narrower stools) and a very poor diet of mostly junk food

Well the bleeding stopped but then last night, 3 weeks from the first time it happened, I noticed a tiny trace of red blood again

Then later on that day after I went to toilet again I felt a slight throbbing in my anus and that soon went

Later that night I went to toilet again and this time my anus was sore and I felt around that area and it felt like there was a lump or something slightly sticking out. It went back in when I stood up.

I'd think it was piles but the unusual thing is that internal piles aren't supposed to hurt but when I felt this lump, it felt sort of sore and a little swollen. Why did it feel sore if internal piles are supposed to be painless? My anus was also very itchy

So that leads me to think, what if it's not piles and what I felt was a tumour, since it hurt?

Or is it normal for them to feel tender to the touch when they stick out?

In my most desperate moments (disgusting I know but don't judge me) I have put some stool on toilet paper and had a look at it and there was no blood mixed in it at all. It was also light brown.

The first time I noticed blood, I wiped and it was just on the tissue and not in the stool from what I could see. But what if that was the tumour bleeding? If it's near the anus then the blood wouldn't mix in with the stool because it's not in the colon

I'm just really really worried and I know everyone will say I'm too young to have cancer down there but it can happen:huh::weep:

---------- Post added at 08:09 ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 ----------

For the past few weeks my stools have been irregular too, like sometimes they'll be runny and sometimes I'll be constipated. But I do have an EXTREMELY bad diet consisting mainly of like pizza and junk food

welsh girl
13-08-18, 08:16
Very Very unlikely at your age, it all boils down to bad diet and constipation, drink masses of water and plenty of fruit,
You could always have a quick word with your DR to put your mind at rest, but don't worry about it,

Toby2000
13-08-18, 08:51
Very Very unlikely at your age, it all boils down to bad diet and constipation, drink masses of water and plenty of fruit,
You could always have a quick word with your DR to put your mind at rest, but don't worry about it,

I know it most likely isn't cancer but everything seems to point to it.. I'm gonna eat healthily for a few days and see if there are any changes I think

---------- Post added at 08:51 ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 ----------

Question: if it was anal cancer and there was a tumour, would it stick out of the anus even slightly?

And would anal tumours stop bleeding for 3 weeks and then start again?

welsh girl
13-08-18, 09:16
It is amazing the effects of constipation will do, however I can only repeat to you the importance of drinking lots of water give it few a days , it should make a difference,
After that, don't worry to bits, you only need reassurance once!

Toby2000
13-08-18, 10:08
I just ate something high in fibre and drank loads of water and I managed to go but the stools were rectangular and narrow again.. I'm not sure why this keeps happening but apparently anxiety has something to do with it because it makes your colon tense or something. Ages ago when I was worrying about colon cancer I'd have thin stools too and I think that was because of worrying about it

nomorepanic
13-08-18, 12:40
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Toby2000
13-08-18, 23:42
Hi has anyone got anything else to add?

I'm really really really panicking right now, I've slept all day due to feeling so low

Toby2000
14-08-18, 04:17
Is this DEFINITELY a hemorrhoid? It's painless and almost feels like the inside of the bowel is sticking out a little and it only happens when I strain

I'm so worried that it's cancer causing these symptoms. I'm under the age of 20

WARNING: PICTURE BELOW IS GRAPHIC

[Removed by admin]

Symptoms:

A few weeks ago after passing a hard stool, I wiped and there was bright red blood all over the toilet paper - I didn't notice any blood again for three weeks until a couple of nights ago when there was a very slight trace of it on the paper.
About a month or so ago I had mucus discharge from my anus
Theres a fishy smell coming from my butthole
Thinner stools (which I get when I'm worrying) and on and off constipation/diarrhea - but I'm sure this is due to my anxiety problems and VERY poor diet. They're also not consistently thin.
I often have an itchy/sore anus

---------- Post added at 04:17 ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 ----------

Or could it be a rectal prolapse? Would that explain the symptoms?

Scass
14-08-18, 19:59
I’m not looking at the picture, sorry. I’m not qualified, plus I’ve just eaten 🤢.

Didn’t you get it checked out? A few weeks ago you were certain it was a pile and now you’re not?

Pipkin
14-08-18, 20:20
Link to photo removed as members are not medically trained and aren’t able to help you. If you’re worried, please see your GP.

Toby2000
14-08-18, 22:47
I’m not looking at the picture, sorry. I’m not qualified, plus I’ve just eaten 🤢.

Didn’t you get it checked out? A few weeks ago you were certain it was a pile and now you’re not?

Way to be sensitive and helpful about the whole thing:yesyes:

Maybe it'd be a better idea next time just to not comment if it's too much for you

No I didn't get it checked out, I'm way too scared to do that. I was hoping someone with thicker skin could tell me that the thing was definitely a pile and maybe that would put a stop to it all but I guess not

Toby2000
14-08-18, 23:30
I don't know if I'm being paranoid but I feel a bit skinnier than usual (I worry a lot which could be the reason for losing weight and a couple of weeks ago I did a lot of walking on holiday.. but I also did a lot of eating?) and I feel a very mild sudden ache that comes and goes around my left rib that at times feels like "stitch" and at times just a little annoying. I probably wouldn't notice it if I wasn't worrying but I'm really terrified now.

I also haven't passed any bowel movements for about a day now, I'm feeling pretty constipated but I haven't had any fibre either so maybe that's why. I don't know.

EDIT: I just did pass and it was very very loose but there was no blood and mucus.

Toby2000
14-08-18, 23:38
I have an EXTREME fear of death and obsess over what life after death is like.. although I consider myself an atheist/agnostic I'm terrified that I'll wake up in hell and will be tortured for all eternity.

And now I may have cancer. I just feel so sad that I want to kill myself so I don't have to go through the sheer terror of being diagnosed with such an awful disease and then even if I am cured, I have to live in fear for the rest of my life of it coming back, knowing that my days could be numbered.

I know it's easy to say "Go to the doctor" but when people tell me to see a doctor it convinces me that they think something is wrong and I have to sit in fear until my appointment. And I have social anxiety and possible Asperger's so it's not always easy to go, especially with something like this.

And even if I do go, I'd be convinced that they just passed it off as piles simply because of my age. What sane doctor would give a 17 year old a colonoscopy? So I'll never be able to find answers

I don't know what to do and I can't find the will to live anymore:weep:

BazB44
14-08-18, 23:46
I think we spoke the other day.

Abdominal pains are normal, and can be from IBS.

Blood can be from IBS, hemorrhoids, or just straining too hard. Bright red is from near the anus, dark red is from upper tract.

Losing weight? Possibly from going to the bathroom a lot? Eating habits changed? Often people with anxiety get so stressed they lose weight from not eating, etc.

Thin stools? Also can be from IBS.

People don't say to go to a doctor because they think u have something, they do it because it can help put your mind at rest.

Toby2000
14-08-18, 23:54
I think we spoke the other day.

Abdominal pains are normal, and can be from IBS.

Blood can be from IBS, hemorrhoids, or just straining too hard. Bright red is from near the anus, dark red is from upper tract.

Losing weight? Possibly from going to the bathroom a lot? Eating habits changed? Often people with anxiety get so stressed they lose weight from not eating, etc.

Thin stools? Also can be from IBS.

People don't say to go to a doctor because they think u have something, they do it because it can help put your mind at rest.

Yes we did talk and you were really nice and helpful:D

The blood, I believe, was only on the paper and I don't think I have seen it in my stools (ever) but now my OCD is kicking in I can't be sure. But I'm 99% sure it's only ever been on the paper.

I'm still quite chubby around my belly area, but I'm paranoid that it's weight loss all of a sudden. It could be due to walking a lot on holiday but I also ate a lot on holiday so I don't know.. and I had McDonald's on Sunday, it's really only been the past couple of days that I haven't ate THAT much.

I remember worrying about colon cancer in 2014 and I had thin stools then, but there was no blood that time.. I think it can come from anxiety because it causes your bowel muscles to seize up a bit and narrow the stools a bit. I don't know though.

The thing is, the pain I'm feeling (if it is from cancer) is coming from just under my left rib and if the bright red blood is from near the anus and is only there when I wipe, then if there is a tumour it must be in my anus and not all the way under my rib. Which is weird, so the blood can't be coming from all the way up there meaning the pain can't be a tumour.

I can't be sure though, but see how rational I can get. And then everything falls through and I start worrying again :scared15::scared15:

nomorepanic
15-08-18, 00:11
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Toby2000
15-08-18, 01:30
I have a stitch like pain towards the bottom of my left rib now when I laugh. Could this be colon cancer?

Toby2000
15-08-18, 02:28
I just went to toilet and passed a very loose runny stool that was DARK brown and well, out of anxiety, I inspected it. PLEASE DON'T JUDGE ME. But there were BLACK SPECKS IN THERE???????//

BLACK IS A SIGN OF HIGHER INTESTINAL BLEEDING?

Someone please help me I don't know what to do

LunarCoffee
15-08-18, 02:34
Question: if it was anal cancer and there was a tumour, would it stick out of the anus even slightly?

Not sure, but what I am sure of is you don't have anal cancer. No one under the age of 24 has gotten anal cancer in the years 2013-2015. You, being in the group below the 20-24 age group, have literally a 0% chance of having anal cancer.

Also, I'm pretty much in the same spot as you, I'm deadly convinced I have rectal cancer, except I'm 13 and have three symptoms, only one of which actually could be caused by rectal cancer (the others can be cause by bowel cancer), which isn't even bleeding, but, rather, tenesmus, the feeling of being unable to fully evacuate the bowels. Even though that usually comes weeks after bleeding/change in bowel habits begins, I'm still incredibly anxious.

You'll get through this. Also, reading ahead, if the hemorrhoid is already sticking out, then that definitely will not go away by itself. Notify your doctor and try and get them banded. And yes, hemorrhoids don't always bleed, and yes, they can bleed a lot, then stop, and no, you don't have cancer.

LunarCoffee
15-08-18, 02:39
Calm down, black specks are not blood. Upper intestinal blood in stool is always in larger chunks and is tarry, sticky, and shiny in texture, because at that point in the colon, the stool is still liquid, which allows the blood to mix with the stool and dry. Also, the amount of blood required to stain a stool black is actually ridiculously high, so you'd be noticeable weaker, as in climbing up the stairs becomes very tiring. As for the dark stool, are you sure you're getting enough fiber, or food in general? Anxiety makes you lose your appetite in many people, so you might not be getting enough. That would also explain the runnier stool, as there is less soluble fiber to bind the stool together, and less insoluble fiber to add bulk.

Toby2000
15-08-18, 03:43
Calm down, black specks are not blood. Upper intestinal blood in stool is always in larger chunks and is tarry, sticky, and shiny in texture, because at that point in the colon, the stool is still liquid, which allows the blood to mix with the stool and dry. Also, the amount of blood required to stain a stool black is actually ridiculously high, so you'd be noticeable weaker, as in climbing up the stairs becomes very tiring. As for the dark stool, are you sure you're getting enough fiber, or food in general? Anxiety makes you lose your appetite in many people, so you might not be getting enough. That would also explain the runnier stool, as there is less soluble fiber to bind the stool together, and less insoluble fiber to add bulk.

Hi thank you for replying. I just double checked and they weren't black specks, they looked like air bubbles or something that looked black. But when I checked again they looked like really tiny specs which I agree seems likely to just be food.

Another thing that's bothering me is it looked like there were tiny darker swirls or strings in the stool. I wouldn't call it BLACK as such but they were like dark. They looked infused in the stool

I'd say it looked like this (WARNING) but a little less black but still dark and not as many:

[/COLOR]ACTUALLY I did read up on this and it said it could be from bananas.

I had 2 bananas yesterday

LunarCoffee
15-08-18, 03:57
ACTUALLY I did read up on this and it said it could be from bananas.

I had 2 bananas yesterday

Makes sense, the banana seeds would probably do that. Either way, specks that small are probably nothing too serious anyways.

Elen
15-08-18, 08:13
Hi

Elen

MRS STRESS ED
15-08-18, 08:28
PLEASE HELP I'm freaking out... what is it about my case specifically that makes bowel cancer unlikely besides my age

Trust me my friend died of it you have not got BOWEL CANCER

you have piles stop overthinking
put your energy into something
positive x

Toby2000
15-08-18, 12:45
Trust me my friend died of it you have not got BOWEL CANCER

you have piles stop overthinking
put your energy into something
positive x

Hi,

I'm sorry about what happened to your friend :(

It seems likely to be piles but all the symptoms combined just make my head go into overdrive and I start panicking about cancer.

Symptoms that suggest piles

- Blood; this was more likely to be piles because it was fresh red blood on the paper. Hasn't happened for three weeks, only saw tiny trace of it on paper the other day.

- Mucus discharge; I don't have this anymore but a few weeks ago I had mucus coming out of my rear end and I could see it in my looser stool.

- Possible prolapse: When I was straining, I felt around that area to check if anything was prolapsing and it was as if my colon out turned itself and was swollen inside but was sticking out. I don't know if this was a hemorrhoid or a slight rectal prolapse because of the straining.

Itchy anus; I have this on and off. But I also think I have pinworms (disgusting I know).

Symptoms that suggest colon cancer

- Stools; my stools are usually thin. I have a hunch that this is because I'm constantly worried about something- I think I've always had it when I'm anxious. I also have a very poor and imbalanced diet which causes on and off constipation. But now I'm worrying about bowel cancer.. I'm not quite sure

- Ache; a very very very slight ache that moves around my left side. There are quite a few locations where it hurts from time to time. But it's very mild.

- Black stuff in stool; well I had dark brown diarrhoea earlier and I did it on a paper towel and picked through it (DON'T JUDGE ME! I was really worried) with a pencil which I threw away after. I noticed a few black specks and a few black, or maybe just dark, stringy things that looked infused with the poop (weren't parasites). I don't know if this was food or what. But it didn't look like conventional blood. It was probably banana or something but I really can't be sure:weep:

I had another, less loose stool a couple of hours later and looked through it carefully (please don't judge) and there was no black to be seen. Everything looked completely normal. So I'm confused.

---------- Post added at 12:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 ----------

I'm so freaked out :(

MRS STRESS ED
15-08-18, 13:11
You shouldn't be confused you
haven't got cancer please listen
to the advice that has been given
and l don't think people will judge
you its the nature of the beast

anxiety is awful its debilitating it
makes us think the worse please
focus your energy on something
positive stop overthinking and
searching for something that is
not there wish you well xx

Fishmanpa
15-08-18, 13:11
Toby,

When you get to the point where you're pulling poo out of the toilet to examine it, you're really deep in the rabbit hole but what's really a big red flag is posting a close up image of your hemorrhoids for all to see. You do realize that this forum consists of a wide demographic ranging in age from 13 to 70+ with a wide range of mental issues. There can be hundreds, even thousands that are logged on at any given time. What you essentially did was walk into a virtual auditorium, pull your pants down, bend over, spread 'em and asked those in attendance to give you their opinion of your hemorrhoids! :scared15:

It's time dude. You seriously need to seek real life professional help. You've made a lot of excuses in the past and you were called out on them. Everyone here, including those with similar fears knows you don't have cancer. Everyone here, including those with similar fears sees how deep in the rabbit hole you are. If you cannot recognize your behavior as being WAY over the top, and that it's just inherently wrong to behave in this manner, mental illness or not, I don't know what else can be said? :shrug:

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts

Toby2000
15-08-18, 14:10
Toby,

When you get to the point where you're pulling poo out of the toilet to examine it, you're really deep in the rabbit hole but what's really a big red flag is posting a close up image of your hemorrhoids for all to see. You do realize that this forum consists of a wide demographic ranging in age from 13 to 70+ with a wide range of mental issues. There can be hundreds, even thousands that are logged on at any given time. What you essentially did was walk into a virtual auditorium, pull your pants down, bend over, spread 'em and asked those in attendance to give you their opinion of your hemorrhoids! :scared15:

It's time dude. You seriously need to seek real life professional help. You've made a lot of excuses in the past and you were called out on them. Everyone here, including those with similar fears knows you don't have cancer. Everyone here, including those with similar fears sees how deep in the rabbit hole you are. If you cannot recognize your behavior as being WAY over the top, and that it's just inherently wrong to behave in this manner, mental illness or not, I don't know what else can be said? :shrug:

Positive thoughts

I get what I did was weird but I WAS DESPERATE. I'm sorry I realise it was bad now.. but I'm not sure what else to do anymore. And I wasn't asking anyone for their "opinion" on them, I was asking if they were hemherroids because I could be getting them confused with a prolapsed bowel. I'm thinking about making a doctor's appointment for tomorrow, since it's on the day booking and appointment, but I KNOW they're just gonna say "It's hemherroids" or something and I KNOW it isn't. I'm gonna be one of those cases when they don't catch it until late just because I'm young.

Is is possible to demand to have a colonoscopy or some sort of fecal lab test?

It seems like I'm overreacting but I literally have...

A lot of blood when I wiped 3 weeks ago
Another trace of blood a few days ago
When I picked apart at it (sorry) I noticed small dark tints. Not sure if it was blood or just part of the stool or what. I didn't notice any darkness when I inspected the following movement, like at all. But it still scared me to death!
A stitch like pain behind my left rib (metastisied cancer?)
Pain in my back (metastisised cancer?)
On and off constipation and diarrohea
I saw mucus in my diorrhea a few weeks ago
I've noticed- this COULD BE cause I'm always anxious, I usually get these when I'm anxious - thinner stools
I suddenly feel like I'm skinnier than before

If you had those symptoms, what would YOU think?

And I'm sorry but I haven't been "called out" on anything. That sounds extremely rude. I haven't worried about my own health for about 3 years now, I thought I moved on from it but now REAL symptoms are here, I can't help but worry.

---------- Post added at 14:10 ---------- Previous post was at 14:08 ----------

You shouldn't be confused you
haven't got cancer please listen
to the advice that has been given
and l don't think people will judge
you its the nature of the beast

anxiety is awful its debilitating it
makes us think the worse please
focus your energy on something
positive stop overthinking and
searching for something that is
not there wish you well xx

Thank you very much:hugs:

Great advice but it's just hard

MRS STRESS ED
15-08-18, 14:24
Toby2000 dont take it personally people here ard just concerned as to how your anxiety has got you to this point people are not judging you, they're giving you advice and sometimes it is hard to hear best wishes xx

Toby2000
15-08-18, 14:28
Toby2000 dont take it personally people here ard just concerned as to how your anxiety has got you to this point people are not judging you, they're giving you advice and sometimes it is hard to hear best wishes xx

Yeah, I'm just so convinced this is real:weep:

So I'm sorry if I seem standoff-ish

LunarCoffee
15-08-18, 14:44

It's hard. I've got one, maybe two symptoms, and I'm completely convinced, even though it's much more likely to be internal hemorrhoids. :/

Toby2000
15-08-18, 14:53
It's hard. I've got one, maybe two symptoms, and I'm completely convinced, even though it's much more likely to be internal hemorrhoids. :/

I'm going mad here, I'm convinced I can feel a long mass in my abdomen which is probably my intestine but:weep:

Fishmanpa
15-08-18, 15:05
If you had those symptoms, what would YOU think?

And I'm sorry but I haven't been "called out" on anything. That sounds extremely rude. I haven't worried about my own health for about 3 years now, I thought I moved on from it but now REAL symptoms are here, I can't help but worry.

I've had those symptoms at various times in my life and since my cancer, I don't think I've had a straight week of normal bowel movements. I would and do think it's not sinister and related to my treatment. I also think what you describe is typical stress related bowel issues, hemmies or fissures.

As far as being called out? Yes, you had stated you were going to see a counselor and I pestered the heck out of you (it's all in your post history) about seeking professional help. You went a couple of times and that's it. When I questioned you, you basically ignored my posts. Look where you are now compared to the where you were 3 years ago. Can you honestly say you're doing much better :lac:

Positive thoughts

Toby2000
15-08-18, 15:09
I've had those symptoms at various times in my life and since my cancer, I don't think I've had a straight week of normal bowel movements. I would and do think it's not sinister and related to my treatment. I also think what you describe is typical stress related bowel issues, hemmies or fissures.

As far as being called out? Yes, you had stated you were going to see a counselor and I pestered the heck out of you (it's all in your post history) about seeking professional help. You went a couple of times and that's it. When I questioned you, you basically ignored my posts. Look where you are now compared to the where you were 3 years ago. Can you honestly say you're doing much better :lac:

Positive thoughts

I'm really not a therapy person though, because learning to ignore problems will just make them worse. Say I ignored all of these symptoms because I've trained my mind to not consider the worst outcome, that would be pretty bad right?

Fishmanpa
15-08-18, 15:28
I'm really not a therapy person though, because learning to ignore problems will just make them worse. Say I ignored all of these symptoms because I've trained my mind to not consider the worst outcome, that would be pretty bad right?

Wow! :huh:... You're grossly misinformed as to what therapy is and does. It's just so sad to read that :weep:

Positive thoughts

Toby2000
15-08-18, 15:33
Wow! :huh:... You're grossly misinformed as to what therapy is and does. It's just so sad to read that :weep:

Positive thoughts

But an alert mind will detect cancer sooner rather than ignoring things and it advancing

LunarCoffee
15-08-18, 15:52
But an alert mind will detect cancer sooner rather than ignoring things and it advancing

But an overly alert mind will drain your energy, motivation, and will to live. The mind's alertness is on a continuum, and you're at the far right on that. Plus, with something like cancer, you don't even have to be alert; cancer symptoms will force you to notice them.

Here's some food for thought:

If the thought process is an input/output (I/O) machine, with it looking something like (inputs -> machine -> outputs), where your subconscious is the machine, and the outputs are your conscious thoughts, then anxiety is when the outputs are inputs themselves, which creates a loop: (inputs -> machine -> more inputs -> machine -> even more inputs, etc.).

Example: you have some bloody stool. Understandably, you are worried. Normally, a person would call the doctor, then quit thinking about it. (inputs: bloody stool symptom -> machine -> outputs: call doctor) The thought is over, there are no more inputs to stimulate the worrying thought, and no excessive worry. In your case, you probably went googling. This adds an input, strengthening the worrying thoughts. Now, you start checking your body and thinking of your history to try and find more markers and symptoms for that disease. New input. Now, your outputs have become things like "I'm more constipated" and "I had diarrhea a few months ago" which themselves are inputs, constructing the loop.

If you've never worried before, the "machine" has not yet adapted to the changes in the thought process, so simply removing the inputs is relatively easy and will return you to normal. For people whose "machines" have been "broken", who've formed a habit of anxious thinking, first, we have to fix the machine, then we can take out the inputs. That's what CBT does. It retrains how you think about anxiety inducing inputs, like that bloody poop, but it's a slow process, just like breaking out of any habit. Along the way, you slowly remove inputs to help the process, by stopping obsessive symptom checking, obsessive research, and other things, which eventually amounts to you being able to deal with anxiety well.

Toby2000
15-08-18, 16:11
But an overly alert mind will drain your energy, motivation, and will to live. The mind's alertness is on a continuum, and you're at the far right on that. Plus, with something like cancer, you don't even have to be alert; cancer symptoms will force you to notice them.

Here's some food for thought:

If the thought process is an input/output (I/O) machine, with it looking something like (inputs -> machine -> outputs), where your subconscious is the machine, and the outputs are your conscious thoughts, then anxiety is when the outputs are inputs themselves, which creates a loop: (inputs -> machine -> more inputs -> machine -> even more inputs, etc.).

Example: you have some bloody stool. Understandably, you are worried. Normally, a person would call the doctor, then quit thinking about it. (inputs: bloody stool symptom -> machine -> outputs: call doctor) The thought is over, there are no more inputs to stimulate the worrying thought, and no excessive worry. In your case, you probably went googling. This adds an input, strengthening the worrying thoughts. Now, you start checking your body and thinking of your history to try and find more markers and symptoms for that disease. New input. Now, your outputs have become things like "I'm more constipated" and "I had diarrhea a few months ago" which themselves are inputs, constructing the loop.

If you've never worried before, the "machine" has not yet adapted to the changes in the thought process, so simply removing the inputs is relatively easy and will return you to normal. For people whose "machines" have been "broken", who've formed a habit of anxious thinking, first, we have to fix the machine, then we can take out the inputs. That's what CBT does. It retrains how you think about anxiety inducing inputs, like that bloody poop, but it's a slow process, just like breaking out of any habit. Along the way, you slowly remove inputs to help the process, by stopping obsessive symptom checking, obsessive research, and other things, which eventually amounts to you being able to deal with anxiety well.

You're right to be honest. Maybe I could give it another shot but first I want to get to the bottom of what this is

And I have both on and off constipation and diarrhoea now! It wasn't months ago:huh:

MRS STRESS ED
15-08-18, 16:53

you don't sound standoffish l totally understand you believe
you have cancer try changing
this to believing its not :D

Toby2000
15-08-18, 17:51
I've been feeling my abdomen for any lumps and along the colon it kind of feels like a small bit of it is sticking out more than the rest. No it's not poop or wind or anything.

Omg this is all getting too real for me now

MRS STRESS ED
15-08-18, 17:59
I've been feeling my abdomen for any lumps and along the colon it kind of feels like a small bit of it is sticking out more than the rest. No it's not poop or wind or anything.

you really need to stop self examing yourself all you're
doing is feeding your anxiety

You are ok believe it

lofwyr
15-08-18, 18:02
Absolutely time to deal with the problem you *know* you have, brother.

HA is right there, a real sickness, and you are without a doubt, in its throes. If your body were this ill, you would go to the doctor or hospital, and there would be no question it was that ill. It is time to treat your mind with the same compassion and concern you would show your body and get some real, professional help.

Scass
15-08-18, 18:26
Way to be sensitive and helpful about the whole thing:yesyes:

Maybe it'd be a better idea next time just to not comment if it's too much for you

No I didn't get it checked out, I'm way too scared to do that. I was hoping someone with thicker skin could tell me that the thing was definitely a pile and maybe that would put a stop to it all but I guess not

Hey, you’re asking anybody and anyone to answer your medical questions. We are not trained to do so, so you shouldn’t expect a medical answer. Also, not everyone wants to look at graphic pictures so I chose not to, and told you so. Your picture was also removed because of this. However I did take a few minutes out of my day to respond to your post, and I’ve done so before as well. I didn’t have to and I’m sorry I didn’t give you the kind of answer that you needed.

Go to the doctor. They will tell you what you need to hear.

utrocket09
15-08-18, 18:28

You cannot self examine your colon. Guess what? You don't have cancer. What you have is a mental healh issue that needs to be addressed

Toby2000
15-08-18, 18:38
I am going to the doctors tomorrow and I'm gonna try and demand a colonoscopy or some sort of test to put my mind at ease. Because I feel doomed now and I can't go on not knowing

MRS STRESS ED
16-08-18, 09:12
I am going to the doctors tomorrow and I'm gonna try and demand a colonoscopy or some sort of test to put my mind at ease. Because I feel doomed now and I can't go on not knowing

you do that :doh:

BUT YOUR REAL PROBLEM IS ANXIETY

Toby2000
16-08-18, 09:50
you do that :doh:

BUT YOUR REAL PROBLEM IS ANXIETY

I can deal with that after.. but I've had blood on the paper a few weeks ago, traces a few days ago, I feel like there's a lump on my intestine, my stools are thinner (they weren't AS thin today), my stools aren't consistent (diarrhoea, constipation, normal and then switch it up again) and I had mucus a few weeks ago.

I don't understand why I have to ignore the REAL problems just because I have anxiety:huh:

But thank you, I know you mean well. It just feels so real

---------- Post added at 09:50 ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 ----------

And by the way I booked a doctors appointment for later!

What can I expect them to do? I'm gonna list to them all my symptoms

utrocket09
16-08-18, 11:11
I can deal with that after.. but I've had blood on the paper a few weeks ago, traces a few days ago, I feel like there's a lump on my intestine, my stools are thinner (they weren't AS thin today), my stools aren't consistent (diarrhoea, constipation, normal and then switch it up again) and I had mucus a few weeks ago.

I don't understand why I have to ignore the REAL problems just because I have anxiety:huh:

But thank you, I know you mean well. It just feels so real

---------- Post added at 09:50 ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 ----------

And by the way I booked a doctors appointment for later!

What can I expect them to do? I'm gonna list to them all my symptoms

You can list your symptoms all you want and demand a colonoscopy. It does not mean you will get one. Your symptoms are easily explained as a hemorroid or a fissue. I get bleeding often due to hard stool. You also cannot feel anything on your intestines, that is impossible. It is also normal for stools to fluxuate, as long as it is not going on for weeks. I knew someone whom had colon cancer. He had diarrhea for months at a time. It never let up. But, you go ahead and go to the doctor. We will be waiting to hear what we already know.

Toby2000
16-08-18, 11:29
You can list your symptoms all you want and demand a colonoscopy. It does not mean you will get one. Your symptoms are easily explained as a hemorroid or a fissue. I get bleeding often due to hard stool. You also cannot feel anything on your intestines, that is impossible. It is also normal for stools to fluxuate, as long as it is not going on for weeks. I knew someone whom had colon cancer. He had diarrhea for months at a time. It never let up. But, you go ahead and go to the doctor. We will be waiting to hear what we already know.

Thanks for replying, and I get I'm being annoying but my mind literally won't rest.

I literally feel like my days are numbered.

And I'm so sorry about your friend. Mine fluctuate between harder stools, diarrhoea and constipation. Idk... I'm a mess. I'm sorry.:unsure:

Toby2000
16-08-18, 11:34
Hi,

I'm feeling along my colon due to bowel cancer worries and I feel maybe 2-3 hard unmovable lumps that almost feel embedded to the colon.

They don't feel like obvious bumps that stick out like a mole hill, but I can definitely feel them and they feel like the size of beans.

It feels the same as when you feel the lymph nodes under your chin, but when you tilt your head back to make the skin strech so you can feel around in that area.

I can only feel them when I tense my abdomen

They don't hurt at all. At first I was scared of it being a tumour until I read up about nodes. But what if I do have cancer and it's spread there?

I'm seeing a doctor in four hours about this, if they feel the area when I tense up would they be able to tell if they're swollen or not for sure?

ANOTHER QUESTION- is it possible for the colon to feel bumpy and have ridges? Nothing major but I can just feel these hard things and if they aren't lymph nodes, could it just be a part of the colon?

And no it isn't wind or anything

Thanks so much:weep:

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 ----------

Right apparently there aren't even any lymph nodes in the area I'm talking about

https://healthjade.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Locations-of-major-lymph-nodes-1.jpg

SO WHAT COULD IT BE? Omg I'm pulling my hair out right now, I don't understand!

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 ----------

Does the abdominal wall feel hard and ridgy? Is this what I'm feeling?

Elen
16-08-18, 11:38
Hi

Elen

Fishmanpa
16-08-18, 13:13
Serious question Toby: Do you want to have cancer? I ask because it appears you're trying really hard to convince us and yourself.

Let us know what the doctor says... "Told Ya So" gang is ready and waiting :winks:

Positive thoughts

Toby2000
16-08-18, 13:30
"Told Ya So" gang is ready and waiting :winks:

I hope so!

LunarCoffee
16-08-18, 13:47
Dude. Those are your abs. Muscles aren't perfect, it's normal to have bumps on them- just look at all the ALS threads here worrying it's muscle atrophy. I can feel two right now.

Also, the reason why you can't feel inside or on the intestinal lining is because the abdominal wall (abs, fat layer, skin, etc.) is blocking it.

Calm down, man. You don't have cancer.

Toby2000
16-08-18, 15:01
Dude. Those are your abs. Muscles aren't perfect, it's normal to have bumps on them- just look at all the ALS threads here worrying it's muscle atrophy. I can feel two right now.

Also, the reason why you can't feel inside or on the intestinal lining is because the abdominal wall (abs, fat layer, skin, etc.) is blocking it.

Calm down, man. You don't have cancer.

Thanks so much for reassuring me

I was such an idiot, I thought I was feeling my intestines

But now I'm convinced a tumour in the colon is pushing against the wall or something which is causing it to bulge out slightly. But it's like 30 minutes before I see the doctor for answers (hopefully answers, not presumptions like "Oh it's hemherroids") so I'm just gonna see what they say instead of opening up a new can of worms

---------- Post added at 15:01 ---------- Previous post was at 15:00 ----------

Yeah as I mentioned, 30 minutes until I go to the doctors and I'm terrified about the rectal exam they'll probably do

LunarCoffee
16-08-18, 15:09
Thanks so much for reassuring me

I was such an idiot, I thought I was feeling my intestines

But now I'm convinced a tumour in the colon is pushing against the wall or something which is causing it to bulge out slightly. But it's like 30 minutes before I see the doctor for answers (hopefully answers, not presumptions like "Oh it's hemherroids") so I'm just gonna see what they say instead of opening up a new can of worms

---------- Post added at 15:01 ---------- Previous post was at 15:00 ----------

Yeah as I mentioned, 30 minutes until I go to the doctors and I'm terrified about the rectal exam they'll probably do

Good luck, I bet you're all fine without cancer.

Anyway, if there were tumors big enough to make a bulge, then you'd most certainly not feel fine. You'd probably be nauseated all the time, and probably even vomit. Also, the reports I read on 15-19 year olds getting CRC all reported colicky abdominal pain, which is really really really bad intermittent pain (but it was through the entire day).

Toby2000
16-08-18, 16:09
I just got back;

she did a rectal exam and no hemherroids

she said it was an anal fissure? but I'm confused how it re-opened 3 weeks later and there was a small trace of blood on the paper

she did an abdominal exam and the "bump" i'm talking about was fine (but i didn't specifically point out the smaller ridges or whatever)

she said i only have to worry if i have diarrhoea for more than 6 weeks with no obvious reason and there's a consistent bleeding from the anus - then i have to go back

she said the thinner stools are normal?

i'm feeling better now, at least not terminally ill

---------- Post added at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

Anyway, if there were tumors big enough to make a bulge, then you'd most certainly not feel fine. You'd probably be nauseated all the time, and probably even vomit. Also, the reports I read on 15-19 year olds getting CRC all reported colicky abdominal pain, which is really really really bad intermittent pain (but it was through the entire day).

That's very true and my logical mind knew that deep down but.. health anxiety:ohmy:

Fishmanpa
16-08-18, 16:15
She did a rectal exam and no hemherroids

she said it was an anal fissure

she did an abdominal exam and the "bump" i'm talking about was fine

she said the thinner stools are normal

Courtesy of your local neighborhood "Told Ya So Gang!"...

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohBVhDKfFbEzbj2Eg/giphy.gif

Positive thoughts

Toby2000
16-08-18, 16:21
I HAVE ONE MORE QUESTION:

If there were to be black blood in the stool, would it turn the whole stool black, partially black or would I see tiny amounts? Like a centimetre trace here and there?

[graphic]

because when i passed a very loose stool (diarrhoea) yesterday and looked in it, I'm sure I could see a few VERY TINY traces of black or something dark. it looked like it was infused in the stool, which was a normal colour. It could've been like where the air was in it or something like that. I'm really not sure what.

I wish I brought that up to her..

What would black blood look like in diarrhoea?

Fishmanpa
16-08-18, 16:26
I HAVE ONE MORE QUESTION:

https://media.giphy.com/media/Zt5p7rm1dWQCs/giphy.gif

I had internal bleeding after my cancer surgery. There's no mistaking it at all! YOU DON'T HAVE IT now please, get help with your anxiety!

Positive thoughts

Toby2000
16-08-18, 16:47

I had internal bleeding after my cancer surgery. There's no mistaking it at all! YOU DON'T HAVE IT now please, get help with your anxiety!

Positive thoughts

Thanks and I know but I really can't help it

Also the fact that I've had a slight fishy smell around my anus for a while seems to suggest that it's an anal fissure. Because apparently there's a discharge with it.

I'm confused because apparently fissures are supposed to hurt and, well, mine didn't when I bled onto the toilet paper

I'm sorry I know I'm being annoying. I'm very reassured by what she told me but I wish I remembered to ask her these questions too

MRS STRESS ED
16-08-18, 16:51

I have no more to say you have cancer :doh:that's what you want to hear you have seriously got anxiety issues l hope you relise this best wishes x

Capercrohnj
16-08-18, 16:52

Positive thoughts

Yes I've also had lots and lots of colon bleeding (30x times a day) and therr was no mistaking it.

utrocket09
16-08-18, 17:57
I just got back;

she did a rectal exam and no hemherroids

she said it was an anal fissure? but I'm confused how it re-opened 3 weeks later and there was a small trace of blood on the paper

she did an abdominal exam and the "bump" i'm talking about was fine (but i didn't specifically point out the smaller ridges or whatever)

she said i only have to worry if i have diarrhoea for more than 6 weeks with no obvious reason and there's a consistent bleeding from the anus - then i have to go back

she said the thinner stools are normal?

i'm feeling better now, at least not terminally ill

---------- Post added at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

That's very true and my logical mind knew that deep down but.. health anxiety:ohmy:

Didn't I tell you this morning it was either a roid or a fissure ? And that you were fine.

Toby2000
16-08-18, 18:17
Didn't I tell you this morning it was either a roid or a fissure ? And that you were fine.

But fissures are supposed to hurt right? Mine was absolutely painless but it had to be either since it was bright red blood that was only on the paper so it had to bleed directly onto it I guess

utrocket09
16-08-18, 18:25
But fissures are supposed to hurt right? Mine was absolutely painless but it had to be either since it was bright red blood that was only on the paper so it had to bleed directly onto it I guess

No you can have a painless one. You got your answer, now leave it alone.

Toby2000
16-08-18, 20:03
No you can have a painless one. You got your answer, now leave it alone.

You know that's easier said than done, right?

I'm really sorry but this feels so real to me and this forum is the correct place for these sorts of questions and complaints right? If you don't like it then just don't read my threads or comment.

I really appreciate it when you do help me (I love everyone for it and for being so warm) but please realise it feels genuinely like cancer to me

And therapy as some of you are suggesting doesn't feel like the right thing AT THE MOMENT because I still feel like it's just distracting me from not worrying about a real problem BUT I will make an effort to get there

lucymarie
16-08-18, 20:10

I'm really sorry but this feels so real to me and this forum is the correct place for these sorts of questions and complaints right? If you don't like it then just don't read my threads or comment.

I really appreciate it when you do help me (I love everyone for it and for being so warm) but please realise it feels genuinely like cancer to me

And therapy as some of you are suggesting doesn't feel like the right thing AT THE MOMENT because I still feel like it's just distracting me from not worrying about a real problem BUT I will make an effort to get there

In your last sentence you sound so much like me Toby. Over the past 4 years I have convinced myself I’ve had pretty much every cancer going. Everytime my boyfriend begged me to get help and I kept saying I can’t because I know this is it so what’s the point. It’s just pretending there isn’t anything wrong. But guess what. Everytime what was actually wrong, was just my thoughts and now my anxiety is in a terrible place because I never got on top of it. Over the past 6 months I’ve been in the worse mental state of my life, I lost a stone in a month because I wasn’t eating, I couldn’t sleep, was hysterical most of the day and did nothing other than sit on the sofa googling. Eventually it got to the point I HAD to ask for help because life was unbearable and regardless, it was ask or be forced to. I say this because you do not want to get to that point. Let’s say worse case scenario, some day you do get a serious illness (I don’t mean your current scare, which is clearly OK) but down the line. Because let’s face it, most of us will get sick one day. Don’t you want to be able to face it with strength and be able to still enjoy your life? Don’t put therapy on hold until you know 100% your fine, because you can’t ever know that and I wasted most of my life so far not realising that.

Toby2000
16-08-18, 20:21
In your last sentence you sound so much like me Toby. Over the past 4 years I have convinced myself I’ve had pretty much every cancer going. Everytime my boyfriend begged me to get help and I kept saying I can’t because I know this is it so what’s the point. It’s just pretending there isn’t anything wrong. But guess what. Everytime what was actually wrong, was just my thoughts and now my anxiety is in a terrible place because I never got on top of it. Over the past 6 months I’ve been in the worse mental state of my life, I lost a stone in a month because I wasn’t eating, I couldn’t sleep, was hysterical most of the day and did nothing other than sit on the sofa googling. Eventually it got to the point I HAD to ask for help because life was unbearable and regardless, it was ask or be forced to. I say this because you do not want to get to that point. Let’s say worse case scenario, some day you do get a serious illness (I don’t mean your current scare, which is clearly OK) but down the line. Because let’s face it, most of us will get sick one day. Don’t you want to be able to face it with strength and be able to still enjoy your life? Don’t put therapy on hold until you know 100% your fine, because you can’t ever know that and I wasted most of my life so far not realising that.

I sympathise with you and I'm so sorry that happened, it's so hard:unsure:

I think if there is a time for me to start trying to tackle my anxiety, it's right after I become reassured and move on from a specific worry about an illness

Like right now I feel like there's a bump in my abdomen wall despite logically knowing that if there was I'd probably know about it due to horrible pains that wouldn't give up because it's constant pressure on the nerves.. but I'm scared that because the GP didn't feel my abdomen while I was tensing, she missed it

But I'm trying my best, believe it or not, to be reassured and I do feel a bit better

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

And I remember my HA about 3/4 years ago.. none of it came true. Even the original bowel cancer one which had every symptom minus the blood, stomach pains and vomiting.

utrocket09
16-08-18, 20:22

So instead of going to therapy for the real issue, you are going to focus on it being you received good news?

lucymarie
16-08-18, 20:22
I sympathise with you and I'm so sorry that happened, it's so hard:unsure:

I think if there is a time for me to start trying to tackle my anxiety, it's right after I become reassured and move on from a specific worry about an illness

Like right now I feel like there's a bump in my abdomen wall despite logically knowing that if there was I'd probably know about it due to horrible pains that wouldn't give up because it's constant pressure on the nerves.. but I'm scared that because the GP didn't feel my abdomen while I was tensing, she missed it

But I'm trying my best, believe it or not, to be reassured and I do feel a bit better

The thing is though Toby and I say this with not just my experience, but from talking to so many similar people. As soon as you feel you are reassured you WILL find something new to worry about. So it will never be the right time. The right time is now. You are suffering, mentally. If it was a physical pain that was as unbearable as the mental anguish you wouldn’t wait, so what is the difference? You won’t ever stop worrying, enough to pursue therapy anyway, or you wouldn’t be on this forum in the first place because you wouldn’t have HA.

Fishmanpa
16-08-18, 20:24

Now I know why I stopped responding a couple of years ago :lac: The name of the forum is "No More Panic". Yes, it's a place to find some comfort in that you're not alone but the ultimate goal is to alleviate the anxiety and panic. That's why everyone is pointing you toward therapy. Unfortunately, you're in denial and too deep in the rabbit hole.

About the therapy? I'll bet my next paycheck nothing will be done. Why? You're a 17 year old child and cannot get professional help without your parents involvement. Yes, you could try a school counselor again but you need a professional trained in anxiety issues. It's WAY easier to log on and post anonymously for reassurance than do the hard work necessary in therapy to overcome your real illness.

Keep in mind people, sometimes it's best to starve the dragon :whistles:

Positive thoughts

Toby2000
16-08-18, 20:33
Now I know why I stopped responding a couple of years ago. The name of the forum is "No More Panic". Yes, it's a place to find some comfort in that you're not alone but the goal is to alleviate the anxiety and panic. That's why everyone is pointing you toward therapy. Unfortunately, you're in denial and too deep in the rabbit hole.

About the therapy? I'll bet my next paycheck nothing will be done. Why? You're a 13 year old child and cannot get help without your parents involvement. It's WAY easier to log on and post anonymously for reassurance than do the hard work necessary in therapy to overcome your real illness.

Keep in mind people, sometimes it's best to starve the dragon :whistles:

Positive thoughts

sigh... I'm 18 in September

I remember when you accused me of being a grown man looking for attention:roflmao:

Those days were bad but at least there was something to laugh about

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

And if you know that for now I'm "too deep in the rabbit hole" then why can't you just accept that and/or stop interacting in my threads. I respect you but you know what must be going on in my head right now, it seems real and saying "get therapy" won't help because... IT SEEMS REAL. I'm sorry. But it just does. I'm entirely convinced I'm going to die very soon.

Fishmanpa
16-08-18, 20:34
sigh... I'm 18 in September

I remember when you accused me of being a grown man looking for attention:roflmao:

Those days were bad but at least there was something to laugh about

I corrected that as I confused you with a younger member with the same fears. And yes, your posting patterns are very similar to several others currently posting who are much older than you.

Anyway... I'm out! Good luck to you and I mean that in all sincerity.

Positive thoughts

AMomentofClarity
16-08-18, 20:35
[QUOTE=Toby2000;1817797
And if you know that for now I'm "too deep in the rabbit hole" then why can't you just accept that and/or stop interacting in my threads. I respect you but you know what must be going on in my head right now, it seems real and saying "get therapy" won't help because... IT SEEMS REAL. I'm sorry. But it just does. I'm entirely convinced I'm going to die very soon.[/QUOTE]

I’ll ask you the same question in reverse....if you’re convinced you’re going to die soon, why bother posting on an anxiety website?

Toby2000
16-08-18, 20:47
I corrected that as I confused you with a younger member with the same fears. And yes, your posting patterns are very similar to several others currently posting who are much older than you.

Positive thoughts

I haven't made a post in ages lmao but if you really want, I can direct you to my personal Facebook account and Instagram? I very much doubt you have them but if you do.. just send me a message and I'd be more than happy to prove my identity.

And I appreciate that. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 20:47 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

I’ll ask you the same question in reverse....if you’re convinced you’re going to die soon, why bother posting on an anxiety website?

It's a site for people with HEALTH ANXIETY.

Aren't most people convinced they're going to die, or are at least ill?

Where else am I supposed to go? Because coming here to channel my, in your opinion deluded, thoughts is my only reprieve and I'm interested to hear what everyone has to say about my symptoms.

I will TRY with therapy eventually but I want to get this problem solved first, otherwise it feels like I'm ignoring my problem

lucymarie
16-08-18, 20:50
I haven't made a post in ages lmao but if you really want, I can direct you to my personal Facebook account and Instagram? I very much doubt you have them but if you do.. just send me a message and I'd be more than happy to prove my identity.

Where else am I supposed to go? Because coming here to channel my, in your opinion deluded, thoughts is my only reprieve and I'm interested to hear what everyone has to say about my symptoms.

I will TRY with therapy eventually but I want to get this problem solved first, otherwise it feels like I'm ignoring my problem

I really hope that’s true Toby but I know HA well enough to realise the chances are slim to none. Don’t destroy your life worrying about illnesses you haven’t got while ignoring with the one you do. I’ve been there, got the t-shirt. That day when your problem is solved WILL NEVER COME because you’ll find another.

AMomentofClarity
16-08-18, 20:51

I’m unclear now...do you have health anxiety or are you dying? It seems you want things both ways....you want people here to have an appreciation for your anxiety, but when you’re recommended to treat it you can’t because of a supposed real issue.

Which is it, health anxiety or physical illness?

Toby2000
16-08-18, 21:58
I’m unclear now...do you have health anxiety or are you dying? It seems you want things both ways....you want people here to have an appreciation for your anxiety, but when you’re recommended to treat it you can’t because of a supposed real issue.

Which is it, health anxiety or physical illness?

I'm sorry I'm just so confused and tired at the moment..

I have health anxiety but that doesn't mean I can't be anxious about real symptoms

I'm trying not to worry so much and I'm not as much as before, believe me, but my mind can't help it

LunarCoffee
17-08-18, 05:27

Positive thoughts

:roflmao:

Anyway, Tony, do know that reassurance actually ends up feeding the anxiety. Sure, it's short term relief, but what reassurance really does is get you thinking more and more about your fears.

Anyway, here are some quick tips:
- stop googling if you haven't yet.
- stop checking your body for bumps or pains or that kind of stuff.
- try to distract yourself, and if you can't, get something out of your control to (go on a tour, something with a fixed schedule you can't not follow).

Those may help you in the long-term.

Toby2000
17-08-18, 08:11
:roflmao:

Anyway, Tony, do know that reassurance actually ends up feeding the anxiety. Sure, it's short term relief, but what reassurance really does is get you thinking more and more about your fears.

Anyway, here are some quick tips:
- stop googling if you haven't yet.
- stop checking your body for bumps or pains or that kind of stuff.
- try to distract yourself, and if you can't, get something out of your control to (go on a tour, something with a fixed schedule you can't not follow).

Those may help you in the long-term.

I want to and have been trying to distract myself but every little twinge means something to me.. I'm currently constipated too which doesn't help. The doctor said only to worry if there's a constant change for 6 weeks or more, such as constant diarrhoea so that was reassuring I guess

I'm just waiting for something to happen, like I'm expecting to go to the toilet one day and the entire stool will be black

I think because I truly felt as if I was going to die, this scarred me because I was totally preparing for it and everything. It sounds stupid but I was so convinced:weep:

pulisa
17-08-18, 08:41
Do you remember when you were so convinced that your Mum was going to die of lung cancer?

Toby2000
17-08-18, 09:26
Do you remember when you were so convinced that your Mum was going to die of lung cancer?

Yikes. I do. I'm extremely thankful because I told myself that she wouldn't live to see August 2016 but here she is 2 years later, fine and well.

I will look back on this worry in 3-4 months and tell myself how stupid I was but it's just right now.. aghh. Torture.

utrocket09
17-08-18, 11:31
Yikes. I do. I'm extremely thankful because I told myself that she wouldn't live to see August 2016 but here she is 2 years later, fine and well.

I will look back on this worry in 3-4 months and tell myself how stupid I was but it's just right now.. aghh. Torture.

You got the all clear. Let it go. There is nothing wrong. Stop looking for something wrong.

Scass
17-08-18, 13:39

It’s torture right now because you won’t let it go. As soon as you start to try and deal with your anxiety you will notice that you start getting better. That’s a promise, but while you’re still focusing on suffering for suffering’s sake you won’t.

Toby2000
17-08-18, 15:44
It’s torture right now because you won’t let it go. As soon as you start to try and deal with your anxiety you will notice that you start getting better. That’s a promise, but while you’re still focusing on suffering for suffering’s sake you won’t.

It feels less convincing in my mind now that I have cancer but my mind is actively trying to find flaws in what she said because I'm just so convinced I'm going to die.

I know I'm frustrating you all but it still feels like therapy would be ignoring a problem. Maybe I have something more wrong with me which is why I can't let it go.. it was just when I was worrying I was terrified of dying and now I feel scarred by that- it's the worst I've felt in a long long time

---------- Post added at 15:44 ---------- Previous post was at 15:42 ----------

The thing that's bothering me is the fact that I can only feel this bit that feels like it sticks out more in my abdominal wall when I tense and when she examined me, I wasn't tensing so maybe she missed it? I know logically there'd be some pain there if something were to be pushing against the wall but my mind just won't give up

lucymarie
17-08-18, 15:54
It feels less convincing in my mind now that I have cancer but my mind is actively trying to find flaws in what she said because I'm just so convinced I'm going to die.

I know I'm frustrating you all but it still feels like therapy would be ignoring a problem. Maybe I have something more wrong with me which is why I can't let it go.. it was just when I was worrying I was terrified of dying and now I feel scarred by that- it's the worst I've felt in a long long time

The thing that's bothering me is the fact that I can only feel this bit that feels like it sticks out more in my abdominal wall when I tense and when she examined me, I wasn't tensing so maybe she missed it? I know logically there'd be some pain there if something were to be pushing against the wall but my mind just won't give up

On the contrary - not going to therapy is ignoring a problem.

SetYourMindFree
17-08-18, 16:03
Likely not even hemorrhoids. It's likely it was an anal fissure. The vessels in our anus lie very close to the skin and are very sensitive. Sometimes when we strain, we get small tears in those vessels. They cause bright red blood that clots quickly. That's why you wiped once and it was there then wiped again and it was gone.

You definitely don't have cancer. As a matter of fact I've known 2 young adults with bowel cancer and NEITHER manifested with blood in the stool as their first symptom. They had MAJOR issues with size of the tumor.

Toby2000
17-08-18, 16:44
Likely not even hemorrhoids. It's likely it was an anal fissure. The vessels in our anus lie very close to the skin and are very sensitive. Sometimes when we strain, we get small tears in those vessels. They cause bright red blood that clots quickly. That's why you wiped once and it was there then wiped again and it was gone.

You definitely don't have cancer. As a matter of fact I've known 2 young adults with bowel cancer and NEITHER manifested with blood in the stool as their first symptom. They had MAJOR issues with size of the tumor.

Thanks so much for replying. Yeah she said it was a fissure but this bleeding was painless, fissures are supposed to be painful and I experienced very very small amounts of blood on the paper 3 weeks later. So I'm confused:shrug:but at the same time I'm not so worried about seeing the occasional spot of blood here and there when I wipe

Yeah I'm convinced that I can somehow feel a bulge or something in my abdominal wall when I tense , that's probably normal, but it would have to be a tumour in my colon being so big that it presses through. That would cause so many symptoms and I would at least be in pain right?

She did feel my abdomen and said everything was fine but I wasn't tensing so I'm worried she missed it.

I'm also very sorry about your friends

Scass
17-08-18, 17:14

But what’s the harm in trying to deal with your anxiety as well? It’s free, relatively easy and will be a better use of your time.

SetYourMindFree
17-08-18, 20:57
Thanks so much for replying. Yeah she said it was a fissure but this bleeding was painless, fissures are supposed to be painful and I experienced very very small amounts of blood on the paper 3 weeks later. So I'm confused:shrug:but at the same time I'm not so worried about seeing the occasional spot of blood here and there when I wipe

Yeah I'm convinced that I can somehow feel a bulge or something in my abdominal wall when I tense , that's probably normal, but it would have to be a tumour in my colon being so big that it presses through. That would cause so many symptoms and I would at least be in pain right?

She did feel my abdomen and said everything was fine but I wasn't tensing so I'm worried she missed it.

I'm also very sorry about your friends

Where did you read that fissures are supposed to be painful? Maybe larger tears, yes but not small ones at all. As for the abdomen exam, again, the folks I knew that had these issues had abdomens so swollen they could hardly walk. They didn't miss it.

Toby2000
18-08-18, 11:25
Where did you read that fissures are supposed to be painful? Maybe larger tears, yes but not small ones at all. As for the abdomen exam, again, the folks I knew that had these issues had abdomens so swollen they could hardly walk. They didn't miss it.

Thank you, I feel better about the abdomen thing now, what I'm feeling is probably normal and I'm just being over vigilant

---------- Post added at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 ----------

Yesterday after around 7 hours sleep I woke up feeling tired (went to bed at around 8pm and woke up at 5am) and that carried on all day, and now after 8-9 hours sleep (went to bed around 10.30pm and woke up at 8.30am) I've again woken up still feeling a little tired and I'm scared this is gonna carry on throughout the day... again

Isn't this further proof that there's something wrong with me:weep:

---------- Post added at 11:25 ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 ----------

I've just signed up to give blood on the 18th of September.. they always test blood donations to make sure they're safe and they can pick up if I'm anaemic or not, amongst other possible things if I do have cancer.

So I can find out whether I have anything that could indicate colon cancer and at the same time do something good

Toby2000
18-08-18, 23:44
Please help i just went to toilet and when i wiped there was a small trace of richer red bloody mucus on the paper and when i examined the bulkier stool further there was a trace of red blood on it. I am literally going to die. I'm crying my eyes out right now. Blood. Thin stools. On and off constipation/diarrhoea. Tiredness. How can this be just me worrying when i'm literally still bleeding?

SarahNah
18-08-18, 23:48
I had a fissures, it caused some pain. It took weeks to heal. Like my gp said to me, when you have a cut/tear think about how long it takes to heal. Like everyday or every other day you go to the toilet. It's going to rip it a little bit. I had this issue with blood for ages! My sister had one that lasted six months. Some of the other issues are from being so worried!

Toby2000
19-08-18, 00:00
I had a fissures, it caused some pain. It took weeks to heal. Like my gp said to me, when you have a cut/tear think about how long it takes to heal. Like everyday or every other day you go to the toilet. It's going to rip it a little bit. I had this issue with blood for ages! My sister had one that lasted six months. Some of the other issues are from being so worried!

A fissure is what they said I had and it seems likely but I keep reading absolutely horror stories about people who also thought they had fissures but wound up with stage 4 bowel cancer.

I know my age would defy the odds but there are some cases of it in people my age and my symptoms are just the not so pleasant gift that keeps on giving.. they keep on coming and like.. it just doesn't make any SENSE.

I'm going to go back to the doctors on Monday or Tuesday and ask about this because I am INCONSOLABLE right now. I'm so convinced I'm going to die. This blood seemed a bit darker than the bright red blood from before..

I've been constipated for a couple of days and the last time I went to toilet there were a few traces of the same colour blood on the paper three days later here we are again.. this time there's mucus.

nomorepanic
19-08-18, 00:09
You are not going to die from this.

Get some help for the anxiety though.

nomorepanic
19-08-18, 00:10
Let me tell you that I get a lot of blood and it is NOT cancer.

I have crohn's and IBS and go to the loo about 5 times a day - never solid.

I have piles.

You are FINE.

Toby2000
19-08-18, 00:24
Thank you Admin, that's reassuring

I just felt around the um, inside, of that area and felt like a small hard bumpy fold type thing. Very small and felt thin. Apparantly these are called sentinel piles and form when an anal fissure is healing. This is reassuring.

A fissure would explain why I bled directly on to the toilet paper the first time

But that doesn't explain why the blood seemed to be in the mucus when I just wiped and there was a small bit of it on top of the stool. Not inside it though, I checked, it's disgusting I know but I was desperate

nomorepanic
19-08-18, 00:29
Yeah I get that too.

It is nothing of concern apparently

Please don't self-examine

Toby2000
19-08-18, 00:30
Wait I don't know if it was a sentinel pile.. it felt like there were 2 of them only one was slightly bigger but still small

---------- Post added at 00:30 ---------- Previous post was at 00:30 ----------

Yeah I get that too.

It is nothing of concern apparently

Please don't self-examine

Easier said than done, it's the only way I can reassure myself now

nomorepanic
19-08-18, 00:31
DON'T - you could be doing more damage. Leave it alone.

Shadowhawk
19-08-18, 00:32
Thank you Admin, that's reassuring

I just felt around the um, inside, of that area and felt like a small hard bumpy fold type thing. Very small and felt thin. Apparantly these are called sentinel piles and form when an anal fissure is healing. This is reassuring.

A fissure would explain why I bled directly on to the toilet paper the first time

But that doesn't explain why the blood seemed to be in the mucus when I just wiped and there was a small bit of it on top of the stool. Not inside it though, I checked, it's disgusting I know but I was desperate

Months ago, i had the exact same worry and problems. Blood on the paper and the stool. Had a colonoscopy, and it showed..... nothing. Not even a polyp. I did have a small hemorrhoid, and likely had a fissure.

Depending on where the fissure is, as you have the movement, it will "coat" the excrement, and get there. If you have mucus, i could easily see it mixing with the blood as you go, and seeming to be mixed in.

Toby2000
19-08-18, 00:40
Months ago, i had the exact same worry and problems. Blood on the paper and the stool. Had a colonoscopy, and it showed..... nothing. Not even a polyp. I did have a small hemorrhoid, and likely had a fissure.

Depending on where the fissure is, as you have the movement, it will "coat" the excrement, and get there. If you have mucus, i could easily see it mixing with the blood as you go, and seeming to be mixed in.

The mucus was when I wiped and a small bit of it it just seemed red, but not bright red, it was darker red but not too dark:scared15:

I just really really really want a colonoscopy to rule anything out because knowing I have nothing wrong with me down there would be a huge relief, i think I'd pass out

nomorepanic
19-08-18, 00:42
You will only get referred if the doctor's think it is necessary

Toby2000
19-08-18, 00:52
You will only get referred if the doctor's think it is necessary

But when you read about bowel cancer stories online, the GPs ALWAYS say it's something innocent and it takes years to get the person in for a colonoscopy

My GP is pretty nice and understands, even from our first encounter, that I worry I think so hopefully she'd grant me one? If I say that I literally can't think straight anymore and having a colonoscopy would just put me at so much ease

---------- Post added at 00:52 ---------- Previous post was at 00:50 ----------

I know y'all think I'm overreacting here but to me it feels REAL. The symptoms are all there and they just keep presenting themselves. I don't understand why you're not all advising I see a doctor to have more tests:ohmy:because let's be honest, if you were in my shoes right now wouldn't you react the same way?

nomorepanic
19-08-18, 00:55
You are overreaching to be honest.

If you really believe you are that ill then see your doctor. There is nothing more we can do

Shadowhawk
19-08-18, 00:57
But when you read about bowel cancer stories online, the GPs ALWAYS say it's something innocent and it takes years to get the person in for a colonoscopy

My GP is pretty nice and understands, even from our first encounter, that I worry I think so hopefully she'd grant me one? If I say that I literally can't think straight anymore and having a colonoscopy would just put me at so much ease

---------- Post added at 00:52 ---------- Previous post was at 00:50 ----------

I know y'all think I'm overreacting here but to me it feels REAL. The symptoms are all there and they just keep presenting themselves. I don't understand why you're not all advising I see a doctor to have more tests:ohmy:because let's be honest, if you were in my shoes right now wouldn't you react the same way?

I had all the symptoms too. I had blood (bright red), stomach pains, narrow stools, mucus... and it was/is (since i still have it) all down to stress and constipation causing bleeding. I have no doubt the fear and worry are real (god knows i have those worries). But remember that plenty of non sinister things can cause said problems...

Toby2000
19-08-18, 01:01
I had all the symptoms too. I had blood (bright red), stomach pains, narrow stools, mucus... and it was/is (since i still have it) all down to stress and constipation causing bleeding. I have no doubt the fear and worry are real (god knows i have those worries). But remember that plenty of non sinister things can cause said problems...

I feel better reading this.. how old are you if you don't mind me asking? If you're older than me and present those symptoms and don't have it then chances look good for me I guess?:huh:it's just the uncertainty and the fact that I may not truly know because I probably won't be referred to a colonoscopy

nomorepanic
19-08-18, 01:04
Well thanks for ignoring me

Toby2000
19-08-18, 01:10
Well thanks for ignoring me

I read your message I just didn't know how to respond.. as I say you all think I'm overreacting and I think I'm not.

I mean I probably AM but it's just scary not knowing and I've told myself I shouldn't get too attached to things I enjoy anymore because I might die soon.. and I'm terrified of that. But everyone saying get help doesn't help, I know everyone is trying to help and I LOVE you all for that because you all care so much and if anyone ever wants to talk about their problems with me (I doubt they would) my inbox is always open, but the biggest help right now would be a colonoscopy:scared15:

nomorepanic
19-08-18, 01:13
you are not going to die but i won't reply anymore

Toby2000
19-08-18, 01:15
you are not going to die but i won't reply anymore

Please, I appreciate your replies. You're the mod! The fact that you're even talking to me is a huge honour.. I'm just scared and I'm in a really dark place right now. I'm so sorry if I've been rude but even if I wanted to get help it takes weeks to months to get an appointment with a therapist or counsellor here in the UK

Shadowhawk
19-08-18, 01:19
I feel better reading this.. how old are you if you don't mind me asking? If you're older than me and present those symptoms and don't have it then chances look good for me I guess?:huh:it's just the uncertainty and the fact that I may not truly know because I probably won't be referred to a colonoscopy
No worries on age. 34 years old.

BTW, you need to listen to NMP - self checking will only make problems like bleeding worse (you would be surprised how easily a fingernail can damage things).
Talk to your doctor, and present your worries. They are trained to understand symptoms way better than any of us. And if you have a fissure or roids, they can generally tell there in the office, which will identify bleeding..

Toby2000
19-08-18, 01:27
No worries on age. 34 years old.

BTW, you need to listen to NMP - self checking will only make problems like bleeding worse (you would be surprised how easily a fingernail can damage things).
Talk to your doctor, and present your worries. They are trained to understand symptoms way better than any of us. And if you have a fissure or roids, they can generally tell there in the office, which will identify bleeding..

I went to the doctors a few days ago and they inspected the area and said it was a fissure.

They did do a lot of erm poking around, maybe that caused the bleeding? It felt weird after

Shadowhawk
19-08-18, 01:34
I went to the doctors a few days ago and they inspected the area and said it was a fissure.

They did do a lot of erm poking around, maybe that caused the bleeding? It felt weird after
If they said it was a fissure, then there you go. Fissures, especially in times of stress, can have problems healing, so you can bleed on and off for months, especially if movements are too loose or bulky.

Other symptoms are even more tied to stress and or IBS.. As you get more stressed, digestive functions get messed up and cause all sorts of issues. When i am stressed, i have pain front and back, my movements change, appetite changes.. everything.

Toby2000
19-08-18, 01:47
If they said it was a fissure, then there you go. Fissures, especially in times of stress, can have problems healing, so you can bleed on and off for months, especially if movements are too loose or bulky.

Other symptoms are even more tied to stress and or IBS.. As you get more stressed, digestive functions get messed up and cause all sorts of issues. When i am stressed, i have pain front and back, my movements change, appetite changes.. everything.

It sounds like a fissure but I took a picture earlier of the mucus and blood on the paper.. the picture is weird because there's the mucus and a small bit of it bloody. And then in another longer but thinner bit of it it looks.. dark. Like a dark grey. Like something a smoker might cough up. Why didn't I notice this when I took the photo?

I just passed another.. motion, and it was a normal colour with absolutely no blood visible even when I wiped

---------- Post added at 01:47 ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 ----------

The black stuff could have been fluff or something else, I'm sure I'd have noticed it had it been blood but I'm not sure.. maybe it was

Toby2000
19-08-18, 19:12
Last night I noticed a mild sharp pain a little to the left of my bellybutton, pressed it and it's tender. It's started mildly hurting again and it feels tender to the touch still. What is this?:weep:

Toby2000
21-08-18, 22:38
Hi I know you're all probably getting tired of me now but

I just went to toilet and it was funny diarrhea and I let some fall on to a piece of toilet paper just to make sure there was no blood and I did this a few times.. every time there was LITERALLY a small trace of blood in each.

What am I actually going to do now? I'm literally lost and this IS clearly a very real problem and I have very real symptoms. I've been feeling depressed and morbid all day and now this?

Should I go back to my GP and insist on a colonoscopy?

This blood was actually INSIDE the diarrhea too, meaning it could've been picked up through the colon as the stool went along

WHAT AM I GONNA DO :(

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 22:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:38 ----------

runny** not funny

LunarCoffee
21-08-18, 22:50

I just went to toilet and it was funny diarrhea and I let some fall on to a piece of toilet paper just to make sure there was no blood and I did this a few times.. every time there was LITERALLY a small trace of blood in each.

What am I actually going to do now? I'm literally lost and this IS clearly a very real problem and I have very real symptoms. I've been feeling depressed and morbid all day and now this?

This blood was actually INSIDE the diarrhea too, meaning it could've been picked up through the colon as the stool went along

runny** not funny

Sounds fine. Also, that's pretty disgusting. At least you don't have symptoms that are constant. I've now got constant mild pain in the middle of my abdomen, which is the most common symptom of bowel cancer in adolescents. I'm scared to the end of my everything, and I'm sure you also are. :redface:

utrocket09
21-08-18, 22:56

runny** not funny

They are not going to do a colonoscopy for fissures. Go to the bathroom, flush and go simple as that. You got an answer.

Toby2000
21-08-18, 23:06
They are not going to do a colonoscopy for fissures. Go to the bathroom, flush and go simple as that. You got an answer.But- HOW can it possibly be a fissure? First time a month ago it was a lot of blood, then a few traces on the paper about a week ago, a small trace of blood in mucus a few days ago and now small traces IN stool.

Everyone's acting like I'm mad but I think I've lost a bit of weight despite always eating junk, feel slightly tired at times despite having a sufficient amount of sleep, my stools have been a bit thinner, on and off diarrhea and constipation AND the blood[emoji24]

---------- Post added at 23:06 ---------- Previous post was at 23:03 ----------

Sounds fine. Also, that's pretty disgusting. At least you don't have symptoms that are constant. I've now got constant mild pain in the middle of my abdomen, which is the most common symptom of bowel cancer in adolescents. I'm scared to the end of my everything, and I'm sure you also are. :redface:Trust me I know it's disgusting but no one can see me doing it and I'm not making anyone else do it for me, and I wash my hands. I just want to make sure nothings wrong

And the blood was like in the middle of the runny stool, inside it in the form of like a red spot and then it burst into a tiny amount of blood. But still noticeable. That can't be normal, especially after its been happening on and off for a month

And I'm sorry you're going though similar things, it's really tough[emoji24]if you need to talk, my PMs are open

Catherine S
21-08-18, 23:09
There doesn't seem to be anything anybody on the thread is saying that reassures you. So perhaps you could just go back to your doctor, tell him/her that you don't accept what you've been told and take it from there. I can't see what answers you are seeking from people here? Everybody seems to be just going around in circles, including you.

Take care
Cath S ☺

Toby2000
21-08-18, 23:23
There doesn't seem to be anything anybody on the thread is saying that reassures you. So perhaps you could just go back to your doctor, tell him/her that you don't accept what you've been told and take it from there. I can't see what answers you are seeking from people here? Everybody seems to be just going around in circles, including you.

Take care
Cath S ☺I don't know I'm just feeling very hopeless and desperate which is why I'm going around in circles

---------- Post added at 23:23 ---------- Previous post was at 23:22 ----------

It can't be ulcerative colitis or IBD or anything like that right, because I haven't been getting stomach aches?

LunarCoffee
21-08-18, 23:26
I don't know I'm just feeling very hopeless and desperate which is why I'm going around in circles

---------- Post added at 23:23 ---------- Previous post was at 23:22 ----------

It can't be ulcerative colitis or IBD or anything like that right, because I haven't been getting stomach aches?

Does it hurt when it bleeds? If not, then that sounds like hemorrhoids. Occaisonal bleeding. Also, if it was diarrhea... how would the blood not be mixed with the stool? If it does, then it's probably a fissure. Either way, like I've said, if the bleeding isn't constant, then it's not from cancer.

Also, it's probably not IBD either.

Toby2000
21-08-18, 23:32
Does it hurt when it bleeds? If not, then that sounds like hemorrhoids. Occaisonal bleeding. Also, if it was diarrhea... how would the blood not be mixed with the stool? If it does, then it's probably a fissure. Either way, like I've said, if the bleeding isn't constant, then it's not from cancer.

Also, it's probably not IBD either.No it doesn't hurt AT ALL. And it's not hemorrhoids because the GP performed a rectal exam and said it was all normal.

Are internal fissures supposed to hurt?

And I wouldn't have noticed the blood if I hadn't been, you know, searching for it. But I think whatever it is bleeding is near the opening since the first time I bled was almost directly on to the paper.

I'm just so confused about what this could be! When the GP prodded around in there it did hurt a bit, maybe she caused another fissure or something? But the only thing is that just before I went to that appointment, I wiped after passing and there was a small amount of blood that seemed drier on the paper. But I don't know. :(

LunarCoffee
21-08-18, 23:37
No it doesn't hurt AT ALL. And it's not hemorrhoids because the GP performed a rectal exam and said it was all normal.

Are internal fissures supposed to hurt?

And I wouldn't have noticed the blood if I hadn't been, you know, searching for it. But I think whatever it is bleeding is near the opening since the first time I bled was almost directly on to the paper.

I'm just so confused about what this could be! When the GP prodded around in there it did hurt a bit, maybe she caused another fissure or something? But the only thing is that just before I went to that appointment, I wiped after passing and there was a small amount of blood that seemed drier on the paper. But I don't know. :(

Hmm... so we've both got mysterious weird and unclear uncertain cases that are scary. Oh god.

Toby2000
21-08-18, 23:40
Hmm... so we've both got mysterious weird and unclear uncertain cases that are scary. Oh god.What are you particular symptoms

---------- Post added at 23:40 ---------- Previous post was at 23:39 ----------

your**

LunarCoffee
21-08-18, 23:40
What are you particular symptoms

I mean, you might as well read my thread for that. It's probably one of the most recent ones. Also for conversation like this I think PMs would be much better than sending a million notifications to subscribed people

Toby2000
22-08-18, 22:16
I'm almost paralysed by this worry, I'm making myself feel depressed thinking of death:weep:and I'm obsessively checking each bowel movement like an absolute freak for any sign of blood

If I was bleeding at all due to cancer, would it be a large amount or just small traces? Not counting that time I bled a lot a month ago, because it hasn't been that bad since. Now it's just small traces and it's really making me panic

LunarCoffee
22-08-18, 22:44
I'm almost paralysed by this worry, I'm making myself feel depressed thinking of death:weep:and I'm obsessively checking each bowel movement like an absolute freak for any sign of blood

If I was bleeding at all due to cancer, would it be a large amount or just small traces? Not counting that time I bled a lot a month ago, because it hasn't been that bad since. Now it's just small traces and it's really making me panic

Kind of same. I still somewhat obsessively check BMs, kinda want to stop now but then HA gets all hyper spiked up and I want to implode for the next week.

Bleeding from cancer... not sure, I guess it might vary from BM to BM but like I've mentioned before if the bleeding isn't always happening, 100% of the time, every time a BM happens, then it's not cancer. I think. Don't google that, please.

Toby2000
22-08-18, 22:56
Kind of same. I still somewhat obsessively check BMs, kinda want to stop now but then HA gets all hyper spiked up and I want to implode for the next week.

Bleeding from cancer... not sure, I guess it might vary from BM to BM but like I've mentioned before if the bleeding isn't always happening, 100% of the time, every time a BM happens, then it's not cancer. I think. Don't google that, please.

I think the first time I bled it must've been from a fissure, because I was wiping last night and my rear end was sore shall we say, and there was a lot of bright red blood on the paper. Which definitely was a fissure bc it's still sore there. And yeah, the first time I bled directly on to the paper.. but it's just the other time when I saw small traces of blood that was a little darker in the diarrhoea. It wasn't like much darker but it wasn't bright bright red like it would be with a fissure.

But I unfortunately check every movement now (I don't like pick it apart but I look up close and turn it to see the other side of it.. eww i know) and I've only noticed a tiny bit of blood in the stool ONCE (you had to look really close to see it), and that was with the diarrhoea, so it's normal because the diarrheoa is liquidy so the blood would mix in with it. The other times were just on the paper and only once (out of 3 or 4 occasions) did it not look like a fissure caused it because it was a tiny bit of mucus when I wiped and there was blood on the end of it.

---------- Post added at 22:56 ---------- Previous post was at 22:55 ----------

But the doctor told me to worry if there was a lot of blood that just didn't stop. That obviously isn't the case with me, but I still think any sign of blood is something to worry about

LunarCoffee
22-08-18, 23:37
I have bloody noses practically at least once a week, sometimes multiple times a day. Just looked it up, apparently they can mean cancer. But I mean, basically everything means cancer, and my doctor's told me that it's all fine and it's because my skin there is just really weak. You're bleeding occasionally in your stool. Look it up: cancer. You went to your doctor, they said it was fine. It's fine.

Toby2000
26-08-18, 22:43
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

I just went to toilet and in the stool there are like a few large grains (not massive) of like black crumbly matter that when you scrape across the paper sometimes it stains it black like charcoal.

And there was a bit in my stool that I'm afraid could be black mucus which was like if you'd find a bit of grape skin in your stool but it's darker and I haven't had anything that could leave skin like that in my stool but it was like black. I don't know but to describe it

BUT I'M LITERALLY TERRIFIED, THIS IS BLACK DRIED BLOOD AND I HAVE CANCER

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME I FEEL ALMOST SUICIDAL HERE

---------- Post added at 22:43 ---------- Previous post was at 22:40 ----------

I had two burgers yesterday (no that's not my normal diet but one was gormet and I ordered one later at night off Just Eat) and a piece of fried chicken

nomorepanic
26-08-18, 23:08
You really not to stop this obsession with picking apart your poo.

Seek and you shall find!

Toby2000
26-08-18, 23:45
@NoMorePanic, I know but it's my obsession with it, I can't help it. I feel like I need answers

I have had 3 blueberry muffins today so I think the bit that I thought was mucus was blueberry for sure

But the solid small black grains... I'm terrified. Could be bits from the two burgers (oops) I had yesterday. When I put the black things in water they don't dissolve or anything, they just stay how I found them which leads me to believe that it's food rather than blood but it's still pretty damn scary seeing that in your stool when you have fears about bowel cancer

I rang 111 and they just said to go back to my GP and present any updates since the last time I went. They said they weren't immediately concerned since I've had no abdominal pain or anything, but that isn't always present with bowel cancer

nomorepanic
26-08-18, 23:55
If you pick apart any poo you will find something to be honest.

I can't believe you are taking bits out and putting them in water as well. That really needs to stop as it not healthy for you to to be doing.

I think the underlying problem here is anxiety that could do with some help to be honest.

Toby2000
26-08-18, 23:58
If you pick apart any poo you will find something to be honest.

I can't believe you are taking bits out and putting them in water as well. That really needs to stop as it not healthy for you to to be doing.

I think the underlying problem here is anxiety that could do with some help to be honest.I know I have a huge problem that I'm gonna explain to the GP on Tuesday

But what do you think the solid black bits are? Burger? It's really bad that I'm doing this but it's how desperate I am

---------- Post added at 23:58 ---------- Previous post was at 23:57 ----------

The black small bits that weren't the bigger black bits were also seeds from the blueberry I think

nomorepanic
27-08-18, 00:01
As I said it will be food.

Toby2000
28-08-18, 07:32
I have a nasty feeling that I have leukemia

- Easy bleeding when I wipe (which I know to be from wiping too hard or much but still). I've never ever noticed blood before even when I wiped hard so I think something's changed

- I keep getting random aches around my body especially in my left arm

- Sometimes I get mild headaches and tiredness despite being rested

- And I have a slight breathless feeling at times, no I'm not the most fit, but I just get out of breath a little bit easier than usual

- My body suddenly feels more sensitive

- I've had maybe a slight bit of weight loss too

---------- Post added at 07:32 ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 ----------

I know you're all probably thinking "Here we go again!" and so am I but I just don't feel right... I've volunteered to donate blood tomorrow because they have to screen it for any abnormalities, so they'd pick up leukaemia or anemia during that I'm sure. I just have the worst feeling

lucymarie
28-08-18, 12:37
I have a nasty feeling that I have leukemia

- Easy bleeding when I wipe (which I know to be from wiping too hard or much but still). I've never ever noticed blood before even when I wiped hard so I think something's changed

- I keep getting random aches around my body especially in my left arm

- Sometimes I get mild headaches and tiredness despite being rested

- And I have a slight breathless feeling at times, no I'm not the most fit, but I just get out of breath a little bit easier than usual

- My body suddenly feels more sensitive

- I've had maybe a slight bit of weight loss too

---------- Post added at 07:32 ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 ----------

I know you're all probably thinking "Here we go again!" and so am I but I just don't feel right... I've volunteered to donate blood tomorrow because they have to screen it for any abnormalities, so they'd pick up leukaemia or anemia during that I'm sure. I just have the worst feeling

As far as your first 'symptom' is concerned, you have explained the likely reason for it yourself within the same sentence. Pretty much EVERYONE on the planet has random aches around their body, it's just part of being a living, breathing organism. Same applies for headaches, which you have said yourself are mild. That's nothing to write home about. Breathlessness in itself isn't concerning unless you suddenly can't climb the stairs without needing to sit down etc. As you've said you aren't super fit so anything that requires exertion will result in slight breathlessness, it's normal. Your body likely feels more sensitive because you are constantly focusing on it. And weight loss - you said maybe, so case closed there.

Can't you see how significant it is that you kept saying the words 'slight' or 'maybe' and highlighted that things were sudden or that you haven't noticed them before. The key here is you are obsessing and have becoming hyper-vigilant to issues/change that may or may not even exist or could have been there for a long time. No symptom you mentioned there sounds anything more than part and parcel of human life to me.

LunarCoffee
28-08-18, 13:26
Here we go again!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

lucymarie
28-08-18, 13:31
Here we go again!

:shades: Have you not been posting near identical threads about bowel/colorectal cancer? How is that different to Toby doing so?

LunarCoffee
28-08-18, 13:33
:shades: Have you not been posting near identical threads about bowel/colorectal cancer? How is that different to Toby doing so?He's on leukemia now.

lucymarie
28-08-18, 13:34
He's on leukemia now.

Many people with HA jump between illnesses, as you have done yourself in your thread history.

LunarCoffee
28-08-18, 13:37
Many people with HA jump between illnesses, as you have done yourself in your thread history.I was just trying to lighten the mood because Toby said 'I know you're all probably thinking "Here we go again!" and so am I but I just don't feel right...', and by replying with "Here we go again!" I was kind of... ah forget it.

lucymarie
28-08-18, 13:38
I was just trying to lighten the mood because Toby said 'I know you're all probably thinking "Here we go again!" and so am I but I just don't feel right...', and by replying with "Here we go again!" I was kind of... ah forget it.

My apologies if that was your intention but it came across crass to me when you have an extremely similar concern to the OP.

Toby2000
28-08-18, 19:27
I was just trying to lighten the mood because Toby said 'I know you're all probably thinking "Here we go again!" and so am I but I just don't feel right...', and by replying with "Here we go again!" I was kind of... ah forget it.

Please don't be a hypocrite. I had respect for you but honestly I've kinda lost it now

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

As far as your first 'symptom' is concerned, you have explained the likely reason for it yourself within the same sentence. Pretty much EVERYONE on the planet has random aches around their body, it's just part of being a living, breathing organism. Same applies for headaches, which you have said yourself are mild. That's nothing to write home about. Breathlessness in itself isn't concerning unless you suddenly can't climb the stairs without needing to sit down etc. As you've said you aren't super fit so anything that requires exertion will result in slight breathlessness, it's normal. Your body likely feels more sensitive because you are constantly focusing on it. And weight loss - you said maybe, so case closed there.

Can't you see how significant it is that you kept saying the words 'slight' or 'maybe' and highlighted that things were sudden or that you haven't noticed them before. The key here is you are obsessing and have becoming hyper-vigilant to issues/change that may or may not even exist or could have been there for a long time. No symptom you mentioned there sounds anything more than part and parcel of human life to me.

Hi thanks so much for replying:)

Yeah I know it's probably nothing haha it's just the easy bleeding when I wipe.. it's never happened before and now sometimes when I wipe there's fresh bleeding and quite a bit of it. I know it's a fissure but I've never had it before. The tiredness comes and goes and it's nothing extreme, neither is the breathlessness.. it's not like panting or anything just like a "wheww" feeling or like I'm SLIGHTLY out of breath.

Just a minute ago I had a pins and needles sensation in my left foot. It may be because I had my left leg crossed slightly but I feel like it came on too easily.. that's a symptom of leukaemia.

Anyway I'm giving blood tomorrow and when they test it would that definitely show leukaemia? or anaemia? I bet it'll show anaemia and I won't be able to figure out why I'm anaemic.. and they'll discover a bleeding tumour or something

But does leukaemia show up in a blood test or would it just show that I'm anaemic? Basically if it says I'm anaemic would there also be other indications that I have leukemia? Idk if I'm wording it right haha[COLOR="blue"]

lucymarie
28-08-18, 20:04
Please don't be a hypocrite. I had respect for you but honestly I've kinda lost it now

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

Hi thanks so much for replying:)

Yeah I know it's probably nothing haha it's just the easy bleeding when I wipe.. it's never happened before and now sometimes when I wipe there's fresh bleeding and quite a bit of it. I know it's a fissure but I've never had it before. The tiredness comes and goes and it's nothing extreme, neither is the breathlessness.. it's not like panting or anything just like a "wheww" feeling or like I'm SLIGHTLY out of breath.

Just a minute ago I had a pins and needles sensation in my left foot. It may be because I had my left leg crossed slightly but I feel like it came on too easily.. that's a symptom of leukaemia.

Anyway I'm giving blood tomorrow and when they test it would that definitely show leukaemia? or anaemia? I bet it'll show anaemia and I won't be able to figure out why I'm anaemic.. and they'll discover a bleeding tumour or something

But does leukaemia show up in a blood test or would it just show that I'm anaemic? Basically if it says I'm anaemic would there also be other indications that I have leukemia? Idk if I'm wording it right haha[COLOR="blue"]

Fresh red bleeding is highly likely from a fissure, if it was a serious gastro bleed from higher up the blood would be dark because it’s old and has had to travel through your tract. In terms of the pins and needles, it’s cause you had your leg crossed, you just answered that for yourself. Everything is a symptom of something if you look hard enough. But 9/10 out of ten it’s absolutely nothing. They won’t let you give blood if you are anaemic so yes it would show that to my knowledge, however a ton of people are and have no serious cause for it. I’m not going to comment in terms of Leukaemia because I have no reason to believe you have it (neither do you) and it will just fuel your anxiety.

Toby2000
31-08-18, 01:33
Fresh red bleeding is highly likely from a fissure, if it was a serious gastro bleed from higher up the blood would be dark because it’s old and has had to travel through your tract. In terms of the pins and needles, it’s cause you had your leg crossed, you just answered that for yourself. Everything is a symptom of something if you look hard enough. But 9/10 out of ten it’s absolutely nothing. They won’t let you give blood if you are anaemic so yes it would show that to my knowledge, however a ton of people are and have no serious cause for it. I’m not going to comment in terms of Leukaemia because I have no reason to believe you have it (neither do you) and it will just fuel your anxiety.

My leukeamia fear has sort of gone now and I'm back on to bowel cancer after a horrifying experience on the toilet:wacko: but you're totally right

---------- Post added at 01:28 ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 ----------

PLEASE HELP

Last night, about 20 hours ago, I had 4 bananas to help get things moving in my colon because I was slightly constipated. 20 minutes later I had a small bout of diarrhea, but that wasn't enough time for the bananas to be digested

Okay so 20 hours or so later, I went to toilet and the poop had LOADS of really thin and fragile browny-maroon (it was more brown than maroon and I wouldn't really call it "red") strings that were tiny literally all throughout the poop.

And the poop was a yellow-y colour and bulky.

Now I'm sure this was the banana but aren't the fibres from banana usually black? These were a weird browny colour.

I did manage to get one out, barely, because they were so fragile and they SEEMED solid but what if they were all tiny strings of blood or bloody mucus or something

Or what if they were blood soaked banana strings?

I did eat FOUR bananas last night so it would make sense but why weren't they black?

I'm going back to the doctors tomorrow to try and get an occult faecal blood test and to see what she thinks but in the mean time I'm literally terrified

---------- Post added at 01:33 ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 ----------

Wait they looked like this (not my poop): https://imageserve.babycenter.com/8/000/379/ubRTIZNT2w0xx82FrPbq8y7goSJZfoVR_lg.jpg

Capercrohnj
31-08-18, 02:47
Bananas have lots of small fragile brown strings in them.

Toby2000
03-09-18, 08:33
Hi,

When I went to A&E yesterday because my dog bit my lip being playful, they had to give me an injection of some medicine.. but they said I had veins that were hard to find

And that's a symptom of low blood pressure.... a sign of leukemia:scared15:

pulisa
03-09-18, 08:36
Hi,

When I went to A&E yesterday because my dog bit my lip being playful, they had to give me an injection of some medicine.. but they said I had veins that were hard to find

As diagnosed by.....??

Elen
03-09-18, 08:53
Hi,

It can also be caused by not drinking enough. My veins are hard to find and I have to make a real effort to drink plenty of water before getting blood tests etc.

lucymarie
03-09-18, 12:43
My boyfriend's veins are hard to find - he doesn't have Leukemia.

Capercrohnj
03-09-18, 14:59
I am a hard poke. It's usually caused by hydration, scar tissue from beeing poked a lot, veins that roll, etc. Never heard that it was a sign of leukemia.....

Toby2000
04-09-18, 22:45
Yeah I didn't have anything to drink that night and was in the hospital for some hours

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:39 ----------

I was given antibiotics for my lip wound and about 5 hours after I took the first one, I had runny diarrhoea that lasted for about an hour.

And then it all just stopped for literally two days, I was constipated

I've eaten a lot since then and I just went to toilet and not much came out besides looser stools but not nearly enough compared to how much I've eaten.

Is this the effect of the antibiotics? I know they cause diarrhoea but I don't know about constipation.. I've barely had any fibre over the past couple of days BUT the stools were loose so surely that isn't why I was constipated??

Could it be an obstruction or something

---------- Post added at 22:45 ---------- Previous post was at 22:44 ----------

When I did go, it felt like it should've been easier getting the stools out since they were looser, but it felt more difficult and the stools were once again more narrow

Toby2000
05-09-18, 15:22
I also really feel like I'm anemic.. I get short of breath quite easily now. Nothing major like exhaustion but just a feeling of breathlessness

Toby2000
06-09-18, 17:54
For the past few days I've been pretty constipated, but without any bloating or discomfort in the abdomen.

I finally went earlier and the stool was solid but more narrow and I looked at it and I kept noticing red spots (not bright red). I'm not sure if it was blood. But I picked a red bit out and it looked squishy. I put it in some water and what was left looked like a tiny bit of red in some mucus. I can't be sure if this was blood or not, I had mexican rice the other day and that had all sorts of red veg in it such as pepper and kidney beans. But I'm still not sure if it was that.

And then I went like 30 minutes after but it was entirely diarrhoea. I put some on toilet paper and looked at it and there were thin, almost unnoticeable dark BLACK SWIRLS in it. And long strings of mucus. The swirls weren't like coal black, but they were still dark and a certain shade of black.. could this be internal bleeding? The stool in its entirety was brown.

And the small black charcoal like tiny chunks returned... dried up blood?

Also I only notice these black swirls whenever I have diarrhea, not in solid stools

Can anyone help?

pulisa
06-09-18, 19:18
I doubt that you would accept the help and advice you need, Toby. You haven't so far anyway.

Toby2000
07-09-18, 12:00
I doubt that you would accept the help and advice you need, Toby. You haven't so far anyway.

It just all feels so real

My symptoms are:

A few small spots of blood here and there
On-and-off constipation and diarrhoea
A lot of mucus in my bowel movements
Thinner stools
Occasionally I get a tight pulling sensation behind my belly button
These black swirls in my looser stools, whatever they are

How does this not scream red flag to anyone?:shrug:

Elen
07-09-18, 12:28

Go back and read all the re-assuring posts on this thread.

That is why none of this screams cancer, but it most definitely screams HA

Shadowhawk
07-09-18, 13:38

My symptoms are:

A few small spots of blood here and there
On-and-off constipation and diarrhoea
A lot of mucus in my bowel movements
Thinner stools
Occasionally I get a tight pulling sensation behind my belly button
These black swirls in my looser stools, whatever they are

I had every one of those symptoms, and my colonoscopy revealed a small hemmoroid and absolutely nothing else.. no polyps, nadda.

I know first hand, stress and IBS, combined with diet, can cause every single thing you are experiencing. Anxiety takes a massive toll on your body, and will magnify small things. I know, first hand..

Toby2000
07-09-18, 16:04
Thanks Elen and Shadowhak.

I know I have a terrible diet and that is probably what's causing it.. alongside anxiety. Sometimes I just can't be sure.

ALSO I'm now convinced I have leukemia again..:huh: because... well... there are red dots all over my male part, and I haven't had any sexual contact so it's not an STD. They're painless. But infections (could be trush or herpes) are a symptom of leukemia and that along with sometimes bleeding easily when I wipe, suspected anemia due to breathlessness does not look good.

Elen
07-09-18, 16:07
No more re-assurance Toby

nomorepanic
07-09-18, 16:51
Hi

Toby2000
08-09-18, 16:21
If there was a blockage in my bowel due to a tumour stopping the stool from passing, would I feel pain? Cause I don't, I just can't go to toilet and I don't understand why ;/

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:17 ----------

Great now I have got a slight slight ache on my right side

Toby2000
12-09-18, 17:26
I got back from the doctors and she basically said she can safely say I have nothing wrong with me

She said if I had an obstruction, my stools would be almost entirely diarrhoea

I'm not convinced because on https://www.royalmarsden.nhs.uk it says:

The commonest symptom of colorectal cancer is a change of bowel habits. There may be increasing constipation, or perhaps alternating bouts of constipation and diarrhoea.

So what's the truth???

And my stools yesterday were literally DRIPPING in mucus:unsure:

I'm basically at a dead end now.. I think the next step for me will be to go and donate blood so it gets tested for any abnormalities in the process. That will determine if I'm anemic or not. Or perhaps pick up any tumour markers, as I believe they're called..

nomorepanic
12-09-18, 18:26
or it could just be IBS

LunarCoffee
12-09-18, 21:56
I got back from the doctors and she basically said she can safely say I have nothing wrong with me

She said if I had an obstruction, my stools would be almost entirely diarrhoea

I'm not convinced because on https://www.royalmarsden.nhs.uk it says:

The commonest symptom of colorectal cancer is a change of bowel habits. There may be increasing constipation, or perhaps alternating bouts of constipation and diarrhoea.

So what's the truth???

And my stools yesterday were literally DRIPPING in mucus:unsure:

I'm basically at a dead end now.. I think the next step for me will be to go and donate blood so it gets tested for any abnormalities in the process. That will determine if I'm anemic or not. Or perhaps pick up any tumour markers, as I believe they're called..The most common symptom of CRC in people <20 years old is pain, usually really bad cramping or a constant dull ache. Around 85% of cases report it. Blood in stool and diarrhea are much rarer than you might think, as only ~20% of people have one of the two (compared to much higher rates in adults). Also, when I say "really bad cramping" and "constant dull ache," it's really severe, generally enough to be worthy of a diagnosis of acute appendicitis, a UTI, or some other abdominal inflammation (all of which hurt really badly).

Also, alternating constipation/diarrhea is much more representative of IBS in people <35 years of age than of CRC. Besides that, more specific symptoms are less common, with bloody diarrhea, tarry stools, and tenesmus having an incidence of less than 1 in 75.

Your symptoms are more representative of an older population's cancer than your age's population's cancer (which is practically non-existent). The other day, I actually had some fresh red blood on the toilet paper, and no more afterwards. That actually calmed me down, as that suggests hemorrhoids more than anything.

Chances are, only time will calm you (and me) at this point. The longest anyone's waited for a diagnosis is 6 months (only 4 people ever).

Note about my forum visits: I haven't posted anymore because I've accepted I have nothing more to gain from posting about myself here. I still get notifications about thread posts because I don't mind them enough to unsubscribe, so that's why I'm here now.

Toby2000
26-09-18, 13:39
Last week I went to give blood and they pricked my finger to see if I was anaemic, and they said my iron levels were fine. I couldn't give blood though because I had stitches in.

I feel like I'm going more regularly now..

when I went to toilet a couple of days ago the stool was very well formed and snake like and seemed normal which was a huge relief, it wasn't even PARTICULARLY thinned but it wasn't like cylindrical. But I wouldn't say it was thinned either.

but after that I've had softer thinner stools with some slightly looser thinner string like bits afterwards and mucus on the paper

Is there ever a reason stools can be thinner other than cancer?

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:37 ----------

The most common symptom of CRC in people <20 years old is pain, usually really bad cramping or a constant dull ache. Around 85% of cases report it. Blood in stool and diarrhea are much rarer than you might think, as only ~20% of people have one of the two (compared to much higher rates in adults). Also, when I say "really bad cramping" and "constant dull ache," it's really severe, generally enough to be worthy of a diagnosis of acute appendicitis, a UTI, or some other abdominal inflammation (all of which hurt really badly).

Also, alternating constipation/diarrhea is much more representative of IBS in people <35 years of age than of CRC. Besides that, more specific symptoms are less common, with bloody diarrhea, tarry stools, and tenesmus having an incidence of less than 1 in 75.

Your symptoms are more representative of an older population's cancer than your age's population's cancer (which is practically non-existent). The other day, I actually had some fresh red blood on the toilet paper, and no more afterwards. That actually calmed me down, as that suggests hemorrhoids more than anything.

Chances are, only time will calm you (and me) at this point. The longest anyone's waited for a diagnosis is 6 months (only 4 people ever).

Note about my forum visits: I haven't posted anymore because I've accepted I have nothing more to gain from posting about myself here. I still get notifications about thread posts because I don't mind them enough to unsubscribe, so that's why I'm here now.

I only just saw this.

Yeah I have no dull ache or stomach ache like at all which is the main reason I mostly now at least think I'm okay.

And that statistic is surprising:ohmy:

Dommy
05-10-18, 23:07
I've spent the last few months experiencing varying degrees of worry and sometimes terror regarding what I perceived to be bowel cancer symptoms. Blood. Narrow stools. A "blockage" and diarrhea. Symptoms that, as it turns out, I was at the very least encouraging if not outright manifesting through sheer worry. It got so bad that, for the first time in twenty years of suffering anxiety, I sought counseling.

Five sessions of CBT and five weeks of sertraline later, I worry a lot less about the.. personality of my turds. And wouldn't you know it, they've been a lot more normal since I stopped obsessing.

I know you feel like nobody really understands the shoes you're in right now but I'm fairly sure we're all here because we've had these panic death spirals. I was in my own really recently. I thought that by seeking therapy I was just going to cover the symptoms of certain bowel cancer I was SURE I was experiencing. That I was gonna be another one of those cases on the Bowel Cancer UK website (which I know you've visited too), where the young sufferers were ignored because they were considered too young. That time was running out for me to act and get that colonoscopy I "knew" I needed. I know what you're going through because I went through it too and, honestly, am only just coming out of it. But it took therapy and it took medication to make that happen.

What you do is totally up to you, friendo. All I can say is you sound a whole lot like me and that there is a way out if you'll heed the advice given countless times and take it.

Best of luck!

(Just noticed how late I am with this, lol. Hope you are on the way to recovery!)

Toby2000
23-10-18, 19:04
Thank you Dommy, that's reassuring. I sort of stopped worrying too and things went near enough back to normal besides when I ate a poor diet. But the thin stools haven't stopped. I think that's normal for me though because I remember worrying about them 4 years ago too!

I recently went to toilet and on the paper there was some mucus and in it were a few pinprick sized dots of blood. I wiped pretty hard which could've caused it maybe but it's not the first time I've seen these small dots

Carys
23-10-18, 19:31
Well, I'm just read your thread........

...it screams IBS to me, anxiety related IBS.

Toby2000
23-10-18, 19:52
Well, I'm just read your thread........

...it screams IBS to me, anxiety related IBS.

But what about the occasional blood?

Elen
24-10-18, 08:03
But what about the occasional blood?

Toby don't allow yourself to start obsessing again.

You KNOW that occasional blood is nothing to worry about.

Please don't come back with a "What if" reply.

Toby2000
24-10-18, 19:22
Toby don't allow yourself to start obsessing again.

You KNOW that occasional blood is nothing to worry about.

Please don't come back with a "What if" reply.

Thanks Elen.

You know, I was just thinking of a "What if-" reply until I saw "Please don't come back with a "What if" reply".

It's totally unnoticeable, it's like pinprick size but I'm just worried because I know occult/hidden block can be an indicator too.

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:21 ----------

blood**

Elen
25-10-18, 07:57
Thanks Elen.

You know, I was just thinking of a "What if-" reply until I saw "Please don't come back with a "What if" reply".

blood**

LOL Toby

Stop, you had all but forgotten about this, now you are starting to obsess again.

Toby2000
27-10-18, 04:47
It’s just thinner stools and there sometimes being blood that’s the problem. But no stomach ache or anything, even after eating loads

---------- Post added at 04:47 ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 ----------

Oh and mucus.

And sometimes there’s a weird fishy odor. I know that’s not the most pleasant thing to read but I feel like something is up

Toby2000
29-10-18, 00:26
It appears this thread keeps getting more and more disgusting..

But ever since I first noticed blood on July 20th, I've noticed like a "fishy" sort of smell and it's always around my b*tt h*le. I can't smell it normally but only if I wipe down there to check and the paper always smells literally.. like fish?

Please can someone help... should I see a doctor? I know it's disgusting

I read on Yahoo answers that it could be a sign of a blockage and I'm suddenly freaking out.

Even when I wash down there it will return hours later.

---------- Post added at 00:25 ---------- Previous post was at 00:17 ----------

I know people are tired of me but..

I know there's something wrong.

There are no answers about this smell anywhere on the internet, it's not my f*rts that smell like fish, it's just the b*tt h*le.

Could it be cancer? A blockage?

If anyone knows anything about this, please tell me, because there are no answers online

---------- Post added at 00:26 ---------- Previous post was at 00:25 ----------

And I'm so sorry this is disgusting but it's what's happening :/ beyond my control

LouiseAndy
29-10-18, 00:35
I work part time in a kitchen. People say fish can have a awful smell...I'm sure that...area has it's own awful smell. Since you can't actually smell the actually area. Listen people on Yahoo aren't doctors. I really don't know what to say to that.

I know what it#s like to struggle with things but you really need to think logically here.

Toby2000
29-10-18, 00:45
I know. I just remember it starting with the bleeding which is why I'm worried. Thanks for the reply :)

Toby2000
29-10-18, 00:49
Also I'm fairly certain I do in fact have a blockage.

I've had diarrhoea for the past few days, which I wouldn't usually be worrying about BUT in the diarrhoea yesterday was a small solid bit of stool.

Last time I went to the doctors, she said if I had an obstruction then I'd have overflow diarrhoea, which is when watery stool slips through the cracks of the obstruction. What if that's what's going on now?

And I always seem to have a lot of mucus in my stools, which could be because of the obstruction?

Another possible sign is.. I just went and only a small bit of diarrhoea came out. But I also had a let side stitch pain in my lower back when I pushed. Could this be because of an obstruction causing pain?

I've been able to pass gas fine though. No stomach pains and I have an appetite.

Also of course the thin stools which have been happening for at least 4 months..

I've also had takeaways for the past 3 days while my family have been away and I've had to look after my dog. That could be why my BMs are messy but they weren't exactly great before either.

Toby2000
29-10-18, 00:53
Read the post history... ain't gonna happen :weep:

Positive thoughts

I don't understand.. I do have health anxiety but I've also got very real symptoms. Diarrhoea, sometimes constipation, some weird odor, occasional blood, mucus, thin stools. Stop being so rude. You're a grown man and you should know better.

Fishmanpa
29-10-18, 00:57
I don't understand.. I do have health anxiety but I've also got very real symptoms. Diarrhoea, sometimes constipation, some weird odor, occasional blood, mucus, thin stools. Stop being so rude. You're a grown man and you should know better.

I know you're descending into another totally irrational spiral of anxiety. If you feel it's rude to call you out of sniffing the TP after you wipe then so be it. It is interesting how rational you become when challenged.

That being said, you have a point. I'll delete all the recent replies and adjust what I see on the forum.

Positive thoughts

Toby2000
29-10-18, 03:15
I know you're descending into another totally irrational spiral of anxiety. If you feel it's rude to call you out of sniffing the TP after you wipe then so be it. It is interesting how rational you become when challenged.

That being said, you have a point. I'll delete all the recent replies and adjust what I see on the forum.

Positive thoughts

I know you mean well in your replies but I know something is wrong. I just know it. And when you say I have a point, do you think the same as me now?

---------- Post added at 03:15 ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 ----------

What should I do next? I’m almost certain I have cancer but my gp isn’t listening to me. My bowels haven’t been completely normal for some time now and I feel so frustratedly because I know something is wrong but there’s nothing I can do about it

Carys
29-10-18, 04:02
And when you say I have a point, do you think the same as me now?No FMP certainly won't be thinking the same as you about what the problem is with your bowels. I suspect, fairly strongly, that he is saying you had a point about his replies being perceived as rude and therefore deleted them.

Right - smelling 'that area'; I have no idea about 'the smell' and can't comment as never have, and have no intention of, sampling this 'check' myself. Come on! Lets call this out for what it is, certainly not normal and at the extremes of HA anxiety obsessions. Toby - please look at what you are doing - can you see that this is really not pleasant, necessary, hygienic or sensible in terms of your mental health?

I think you do have something wrong, but its not what you are convincing yourself of day by day, hour by hour. It is entirely possible you have upset digestion from your anxiety levels. Constant anxiety/stress and fear play havoc with your digestion, even one panic attack can give someone diaorreah. So, imagine what daily constant hyper stressed states can do ? if you could calm yourself down and for a few weeks let your digestion settle back down, without adrenaline causing digestive upsets, then I bet you'd see a change. Your GP is listening to you, quite a lot I suspect, but doesn't agree with your assessement of what is wrong.

Have you actually bought, from the pharmacist, some 'anusol' or similar and used it? This whole thread started with some blood, which was from a pile/s and I can't see any reference that you have tried and treated it.Have you increased your fibre and upped your water intake so that you avoid hard stools?

Toby2000
29-10-18, 06:29
OMG I'm freaking out.

I read that symptoms of metasisised colon cancer than spreads to the liver can be jaundice.

Well I'm pretty sure I have jaundice.

These spots are on my chest and have been for a while now. And I seem to be getting more and more: https://i.imgur.com/fylupRz.jpg

And I checked the whites of my eyes and they seem to be tinted yellow around the very outsides.

Could this really be it?

---------- Post added at 06:29 ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 ----------

I just went for a number 2 and it was diarrhoea, no surprise.

I was extremely sore when I went and I went a little on some toilet paper and not much cake out but the bit that did clearly had darker blood on it. But it was like under the stool, which was covering it. It wasn’t bright red. I wiped and there were traces of blood on the paper, so I was definitely bleeding which I knew cause I was sore, but what if I was bleeding from a cut AS WELL as a tumour which is dripping blood or something?

Carys
29-10-18, 09:35
Go to the doctor today, any doctor, doesn't have to be your GP. Tell them everything you have written this morning on your two ongoing threads....let them hear and see your panic.

Toby2000
29-10-18, 11:29
Go to the doctor today, any doctor, doesn't have to be your GP. Tell them everything you have written this morning on your two ongoing threads....let them hear and see your panic.

I did have what I think was an open fissure when I saw the blood earlier so I'm gonna go again today and if I see blood then I will definitely go back to the doctors. And I will tell them that I think something's wrong and that it's ruining my life.

Also I didn't see your message above my last response! I'll reply to that now[COLOR="blue"]

---------- Post added at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 ----------

Right - smelling 'that area'; I have no idea about 'the smell' and can't comment as never have, and have no intention of, sampling this 'check' myself. Come on! Lets call this out for what it is, certainly not normal and at the extremes of HA anxiety obsessions. Toby - please look at what you are doing - can you see that this is really not pleasant, necessary, hygienic or sensible in terms of your mental health?

Just reading that makes me feel embarrassed and cringey about myself.. it is bad and it is disgusting but it's literally just always there and like... there's nothing about that particular smell in that area on the internet. It is disgusting. But idk where it's coming from and why it's there?

I think you do have something wrong, but its not what you are convincing yourself of day by day, hour by hour. It is entirely possible you have upset digestion from your anxiety levels. Constant anxiety/stress and fear play havoc with your digestion, even one panic attack can give someone diaorreah. So, imagine what daily constant hyper stressed states can do ? if you could calm yourself down and for a few weeks let your digestion settle back down, without adrenaline causing digestive upsets, then I bet you'd see a change. Your GP is listening to you, quite a lot I suspect, but doesn't agree with your assessement of what is wrong.

I never do have like full on panic attacks, it's always like controlled anxiety and just overthinking. I don't fully break down like some people do. It'll just leave me in a really low mood, so it's not usually enough to give me diarrhoea, but that sometimes does happen.

But there were a few weeks when I did sort of forget about it and my bowels didn't exactly go back to normal.. at least not completely. My stools I think became more formed but they were still thin. Not noticeably THIN but just a tiny bit narrowed. I think it's normal for me though since I remember having thin stools four years ago and worrying about it.

They are listening to me but the thing is, I can't be referred for tests unless I have constant diarrhoea for 6+ weeks and/or bleeding that doesn't stop. She laughed when I suggested having a blockage and said I'd have watery diarrhoea if I did which is called "Overflow diarrhoea" when stools turn to liquid and seep past the blockage. But whenever I do have watery diarrhoea, I fear that it's because there's something stuck.

The diarrhoea is definitely most of the time caused by a poor diet though because mine, I'll admit it, is terrible. I hate healthy food though, I'll eat my dinner that my mum makes of course but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat a piece of fruit when there are crisps. And while my mum was away and I was dog sitting I did have takeaways three nights in a row so like.. I'm not surprised I have diarrhoea but it's just still scary. I'm more concerned about the blood though

Have you actually bought, from the pharmacist, some 'anusol' or similar and used it? This whole thread started with some blood, which was from a pile/s and I can't see any reference that you have tried and treated it.Have you increased your fibre and upped your water intake so that you avoid hard stools?

It wasn't from piles. She examined me and said it was from a fissure. I don't know if she saw the fissure or anything but she was just like "It's not piles... what you have is I think an anal fissure".

And I prefer having hard stools because they feel more normal to me than softer thinner ones.. cause mine are always thin when soft for some reason. And that's very triggering.

Thanks for the reply :hugs:

Pearly queen
29-10-18, 11:38
I have health anxiety but if my gp gives me the all clear I'm happy with that. So should you. Focus on keeping your diet as healthy as possible, consider possible allergens causing the problem. For example I am not gluten intolerant but I know certain breads that flare up my ibs so I avoid them. Maybe you have an intolerance to lactose. Of course all these issues could also just be stress related. But you don't sound like you have any real health concern and I say that sympathetically as someone who knows how irrational h.a. makes us. Try to stay calm and focus on doing something practical to alleviate your symptoms rather than imagining the worst.

Carys
29-10-18, 11:52
It wasn't from piles. She examined me and said it was from a fissure.

So, you had an answer! You have a reason. Why continue looking for another reason more sinister?

Toby2000
30-10-18, 03:09
Hi,

Yes but I think she just assumed it was a fissure because it wasn't piles

GPs would never ever consider colon cancer in 18 year olds.. but it does happen.

LunarCoffee
30-10-18, 03:12
Hi,

Yes but I think she just assumed it was a fissure because it wasn't piles

GPs would never ever consider colon cancer in 18 year olds.. but it does happen.Hey, I totally feel how you do. I'm still not over my stuff either, and I'm always on edge, but don't get panic attacks (like you). I guess only time will tell us now.

Toby2000
30-10-18, 03:14
[delete]

LunarCoffee
30-10-18, 03:15
[delete]wut

Carys
30-10-18, 07:35
Yes, you are right, in very very rare cases bowel cancer can occur in teenagers. Of course, in your mind, that rare case will be you - and why not it has to be somebody right?

Rightho, now you are 18 years old, and I am presuming living at home. do you have family/parents around you? Have you talked things through with them?

Toby2000
30-10-18, 09:01
Sorry, I accidentally posted the same reply twice.

But it's so hard not knowing sometimes :(

---------- Post added at 08:58 ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 ----------

Yes, you are right, in very very rare cases bowel cancer can occur in teenagers. Of course, in your mind, that rare case will be you - and why not it has to be somebody right?

Rightho, now you are 18 years old, and I am presuming living at home. do you have family/parents around you? Have you talked things through with them?

I know it's very rare in teenagers but I always read stories about teenagers who have blood for a few months with IBS symptoms and then they find out it's terminal bowel cancer.. it's very depressing.

But I just read that only 0.05% of bowel cancer cases are under 20. Still it's scary though.

And yes, my family are all tired of hearing it.

---------- Post added at 09:01 ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 ----------

I had diarrhoea last night and now I'm constipated. I was only able to pass a hard, small bit of stool last night.

Colon cancer wouldn't alternate between the two? Or would it?

Carys
30-10-18, 09:20
And yes, my family are all tired of hearing it.

Do you trust that if your family thought you looked ill, if they were concerned in any way at all,if they saw anything that make them worry for your health...then they would be pushing doctors alongside you?

Elen
30-10-18, 14:43
Toby you know full well that we are going round in circles and that you will never be satisfied with the re assurance you are recieving.

For every post you come back with a "What if"

Time to get some help with the HA.

Do not dare come back with more symptoms, deep down you know that this is anxiety and so do we.

Capercrohnj
31-10-18, 23:17
You definitely DO NOT have a blockage. I currently have a partial obstruction in my small intestine and you would definitely know if you had a blockage. It is very, very painful. I also vomited huge amounts of bile and needing an NG to drain my stomach for a few days being the only thing that stopped the vomiting. Lots of liquid output. You would not be sitting at home posting on an anxiety site if you had an obstruction.

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:11 ----------

Also I have been on "nothing by mouth" since this obstruction was found. There us no way you'd want to eat at all with one.

Toby2000
02-11-18, 17:09
You definitely DO NOT have a blockage. I currently have a partial obstruction in my small intestine and you would definitely know if you had a blockage. It is very, very painful. I also vomited huge amounts of bile and needing an NG to drain my stomach for a few days being the only thing that stopped the vomiting. Lots of liquid output. You would not be sitting at home posting on an anxiety site if you had an obstruction.

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:11 ----------

Also I have been on "nothing by mouth" since this obstruction was found. There us no way you'd want to eat at all with one.

I'm so sorry about the blockage.. I hope you get better soon. That really must be awful and painful

I seem pathetic trying to say I've got one, I don't think I've got one anymore because yes I've been constipated for the past two days but I've been able to eat and I've had no real stomach ache or anything.

Maybe I have IBS.. I remember my stools being thin 4 years ago too and with IBS you can alternate between constipation/diarrhea/soft stools/normal a lot I think.

But the thing is I don't ever have any notably painful stomach aches or anything which I think most IBS sufferers have.

Can I ask... when you have bowel cancer what is it about it that actually causes the diarrhea/loose stools? Cause that's really my main problem. Is it always a blockage or can the colon get irritated or something by the cancer?

Elen
02-11-18, 17:16
IT IS NOT CANCER

it is most likely your IBS flaring up due to stress

Carys
02-11-18, 17:21
Can I ask... when you have bowel cancer what is it about it that actually causes the diarrhea/loose stools?
We aren't gastroentorologists or oncologists, we can't answer this.

Why are you still asking about cancer?

Toby2000
02-11-18, 17:35
IT IS NOT CANCER

it is most likely your IBS flaring up due to stress

I don't know if I have IBS.. I'm theorising

And I'm sorry for being annoying but what else am I supposed to do because I have symptoms and annoying on and off *constipation -> softer stools -> diarrhoea -> constipation* on loop. And possible blood. A lot of mucus. Thinner stools. I'm also paranoid that I'm losing weight.

---------- Post added at 17:35 ---------- Previous post was at 17:33 ----------

We aren't gastroentorologists or oncologists, we can't answer this.

Why are you still asking about cancer?

I mean I'm still scared that I have it..

I've read all kinds of stories about people, even teens, with persistent IBS symptoms who wound up with colon cancer.

I'm sorry I know I'm so messy:unsure:

Carys
02-11-18, 18:01
Toby,

On this very thread, you have gone from cancer, to lukaemia, to blockage, to anaemia, to cancer again. I think you should go back and read all the reassurance you have had, and start applying it yourself, reassuring yourself by repeating the reasons this isn't cancer - over and over.

I don't know if I have IBS.. I'm theorising Now, this is really interesting. You aren't willing to accept it could be IBS, that is just a theory, a vague possibility (even though the symptoms points to it). However, you are certain and KNOW there is something wrong like cancer. Come on......can you not see what you are doing ? I can also see on your profile the threads you are viewing and they are all related to colon cancer and intestinal cancer. You aren't searching IBS and the like, benign things, you are searching the posts about cancer which are re-inforcing your fear.

So, I am presuming you have visited a doctor at some point....???

Fishmanpa
02-11-18, 19:57
So, I am presuming you have visited a doctor at some point....???

From August...

The OP has also stated that he didn't think he needed professional help so all this is doing is perpetuating the cycle and making things worse I'm afraid :lac:

Positive thoughts

Carys
02-11-18, 19:58
Oh yes, I remember now.

Toby2000
03-11-18, 06:30
Well I mean it could be IBS but im still scared

I’ve been constipated since Wednesday and I ate a big meal last night and I still don’t need to go?

And they said that initial bleeding was a fissure. But a fissure isn’t causing the rest of the symptoms. Some people have CC and get told they have piles or a fissure automatically, I don’t even think my doctor saw a fissure she just said that because she found no piles

Toby2000
03-11-18, 12:18
WARNING

Well.. I finally managed to go to toilet after a few days of constipation

and I let it fall onto a piece of toilet paper and it was shorter than usual but normal looking, aside from (as always) being a little thinner although it wasn't THIN thin.. I'll just say it was a little slimmer.

But one end was COVERED in mucus. Yellow mucus. It was like clear but with thick yellow stuff mixed in with it and it felt like Vaseline. And it was literally covered in it, it wasn't just a small trace of it..

So what the hell could that mean? Am I just expected to ignore that because "it's all in my head"?

I know you're all tired of me but could someone PLEASE tell me what that means, if I need to worry and more importantly, should I go through with making a GP appointment on Monday like I'm planning to now?

Carys
03-11-18, 12:33
IBS and Mucus in the Stool. A sudden appearance of mucus in your stool can be alarming for those dealing with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). ... Mucus in the stool is a very common symptom of IBS. It makes it onto the short list of IBS symptoms from the National Institutes of Health.

Your bowels produce mucus, expecially during constipation, its designed to protect your insides.

Nobody on this thread, that I can see, has said what you are experiencing is 'in your head'. My 30 years of IBS isn't IN MY HEAD. However, we entirely disagree about the 'diagnosis' you are making and the actual cause of your bowel issues. Go to your doctor, if you've made an appointment for Monday anyway.....but be prepared for the answer to NOT be cancer.

Get a book on IBS and read it! Your symptoms are - and excuse the pun - bog standard.

Toby2000
03-11-18, 12:47
Your bowels produce mucus, expecially during constipation, its designed to protect your insides.

Nobody on this thread, that I can see, has said what you are experiencing is 'in your head'. My 30 years of IBS isn't IN MY HEAD. However, we entirely disagree about the 'diagnosis' you are making and the actual cause of your bowel issues. Go to your doctor, if you've made an appointment for Monday anyway.....but be prepared for the answer to NOT be cancer.

Get a book on IBS and read it! Your symptoms are - and excuse the pun - bog standard.

You definitely think I have IBS?

A lot of it is to do with a bad diet but I don't think my bowel movements have ever been this up and down.. but I know I had thin stools 4 years ago the last time I was worrying about colon cancer. Also I've never really had mucus before this year..

I definitely don't think I have a blockage anymore at least.. because I know from what I've read that I wouldn't have lasted this long without being admitted to hospital. But apparently tumours can affect the nerves in your colon, causing constipation and I'd imagine diarrhoea too sometimes.

But I also know that the odds of an 18 year old having BC is like 1/10000. I just don't want to assume it's something benign and then in a few months I find a huge black blood clot or something and everything goes downhill from there

Thanks Carys for being so reassuring though as always:flowers:

Toby2000
04-11-18, 08:39
Two questions:

- Does anyone know why I always have thin stools if not because of cancer?

- What are the odds of me actually having bowel cancer?

pulisa
04-11-18, 08:49
Why do you think anyone on here will be able to give you answers which you will accept and take on board, Toby? It hasn't worked so far.

Why not ask your doctor these questions, listen to the answers and then ask for some help for your HA?

Toby2000
04-11-18, 09:33
Why do you think anyone on here will be able to give you answers which you will accept and take on board, Toby? It hasn't worked so far.

Why not ask your doctor these questions, listen to the answers and then ask for some help for your HA?

I'm just asking general questions..

If I knew a reason other than bowel cancer that causes thin stools then perhaps it would help with my worrying.. and I'm a little unclear about the odds of an 18 year old having it because I've seen a number of different statistics and idk which is true

Carys
04-11-18, 10:04
What are the odds of me actually having bowel cancer?

What do statistics and odds matter ? Doctors don't base diagnoses on 'odds' and statistics. They base diagnoses on symptoms, those are the important factors. If odds were the way to diagnose, we could just ignore GP consultations, write some algorithims and have some guy on a computer make judgements. This would be counter-productive on many many levels, as it wouldn't pick out those who actually had a condition, and it would probably include a huge number of people who didn't have a condition. Does this make sense ?

....I have IBS, my sister and her husband have also been diagnosed with it by a GP. The very first symptom my brother in law went with, 4 years ago, was 'thin stools' that were semi-soft (Im not making this up). It happens, to me and to them. Its common.

A diagnosis of IBS is made by excluding other possible conditions e.g. ulcerative colitis, infection, chron's etc. The reason its diagnosed by excluding other conditions is that there is no test for IBS, its not an illness or disease, its a disorder of gut mobility and reactions to food/lifestyle/stress/hormones. Its not life-threatening and (despite the fact at my worst Ive lost weight and been physically sick) it causes no long term health issues. It is uncomfortable, unsettling and annoying often, but can be managed with addressing various factors that trigger it. I feel I could keep answering your questions and still the doubts will remain. I recognise all the symptoms you describe, and after decades of having them flare up, then settle, then flare and then settle, I know them all now. I can have constipation for a full week, yep, you've got me talking bowels Tony and it won't be pretty lol Then loose thin stools with gas for another few days, I can have mucus as you describe (I'm SO sorry anyone reading this, its so not something I really WANT to talk about lol) and literally there is nothing you have described which I haven't had, and more besides. I have had some fresh blood, decades ago, which I put down to the constipation causing hard stools, and I was right. I now have increased fibre, and importantly drink lots of water.

Go to your doctor, why not say you think you have IBS (not cancer) and ask them to assess based on your symptoms?

Toby2000
04-11-18, 10:59
What do statistics and odds matter ? Doctors don't base diagnoses on 'odds' and statistics. They base diagnoses on symptoms, those are the important factors. If odds were the way to diagnose, we could just ignore GP consultations, write some algorithims and have some guy on a computer make judgements. This would be counter-productive on many many levels, as it wouldn't pick out those who actually had a condition, and it would probably include a huge number of people who didn't have a condition. Does this make sense ?

....I have IBS, my sister and her husband have also been diagnosed with it by a GP. The very first symptom my brother in law went with, 4 years ago, was 'thin stools' that were semi-soft (Im not making this up). It happens, to me and to them. Its common.

A diagnosis of IBS is made by excluding other possible conditions e.g. ulcerative colitis, infection, chron's etc. The reason its diagnosed by excluding other conditions is that there is no test for IBS, its not an illness or disease, its a disorder of gut mobility and reactions to food/lifestyle/stress/hormones. Its not life-threatening and (despite the fact at my worst Ive lost weight and been physically sick) it causes no long term health issues. It is uncomfortable, unsettling and annoying often, but can be managed with addressing various factors that trigger it. I feel I could keep answering your questions and still the doubts will remain. I recognise all the symptoms you describe, and after decades of having them flare up, then settle, then flare and then settle, I know them all now. I can have constipation for a full week, yep, you've got me talking bowels Tony and it won't be pretty lol Then loose thin stools with gas for another few days, I can have mucus as you describe (I'm SO sorry anyone reading this, its so not something I really WANT to talk about lol) and literally there is nothing you have described which I haven't had, and more besides. I have had some fresh blood, decades ago, which I put down to the constipation causing hard stools, and I was right. I now have increased fibre, and importantly drink lots of water.

Go to your doctor, why not say you think you have IBS (not cancer) and ask them to assess based on your symptoms?

Thanks so much, I'm getting more convinced that it's IBS now

The only reason I have doubts about IBS is because I never have any stomach cramps or trapped gas or anything like that. It's always constipation/thin stools/diarrhea/mucus but for some reason I'm never bloated.. never feeling sick... is it possible to have IBS without it causing you to feel sick/bloated or anything like that?

I have noticed that I seem to get constipated when I start obsessing about possibly having bowel cancer.. most of the time it's normal enough to looser stools that most of the time are thin. I remember 4 years ago when I worried about it, when I was 14, I started worrying and for weeks I couldn't pass a normal stool and I was also constipated a lot of the time. Probably because I was so obsessed.

It's just last time I was worrying, I never had mucus and I know it would be VERY unlikely for me to have bowel cancer but I'm just so negative and morbid and the thought is deep seeded now

And (I'm sorry) there's this strange smell around... that area... that started a few months ago and (again, I'm sorry) is sort of fishy and I first noticed it after I bled. Which isn't a symptom of IBS which leads me to think maybe a possible tumour is giving off an odor or making the mucus smell bad or something horrible like that? Is the latter possible?

Also, yes, apologies for how disgusting this is..

Carys
04-11-18, 11:17
As you get older Toby things change. So, whatever happened last time (though you can now see that there are similarities) may not be quite the same as this time. When I started with IBS I didn't have bad intolerances to garlic, onions, peppers, various sweetners and high fat food, now I do. Just with any other condition, there are people on the scale in different places. Some are very badly affected, with every and all of the associated possible symptoms, some not so badly, and to be frank it sounds to me like you are on the 'less affected' part of the scale! Some people take medications aimed at helping, personally I don't as I can make lifestyle and food adjustments and then 'put up' with the rest.

The smell; Sorry, I can't and won't answer this question. I have a variety of reasons for not answering, one is that I have no idea what the smell is like there and have no intention of finding out! (I'm not a dog lol). Even IF I did know the smell, then I wouldn't know what differences there were to a normal, err, smell there, and I wouldn't know if it was a problem and even what the problem could be. This is a VERY specific question and only a medical person could answer it.

Toby2000
04-11-18, 12:06
As you get older Toby things change. So, whatever happened last time (though you can now see that there are similarities) may not be quite the same as this time. When I started with IBS I didn't have bad intolerances to garlic, onions, peppers, various sweetners and high fat food, now I do. Just with any other condition, there are people on the scale in different places. Some are very badly affected, with every and all of the associated possible symptoms, some not so badly, and to be frank it sounds to me like you are on the 'less affected' part of the scale! Some people take medications aimed at helping, personally I don't as I can make lifestyle and food adjustments and then 'put up' with the rest.

The smell; Sorry, I can't and won't answer this question. I have a variety of reasons for not answering, one is that I have no idea what the smell is like there and have no intention of finding out! (I'm not a dog lol). Even IF I did know the smell, then I wouldn't know what differences there were to a normal, err, smell there, and I wouldn't know if it was a problem and even what the problem could be. This is a VERY specific question and only a medical person could answer it.

But this just happens whenever.. I don't think I have any intolerances. Can you just have IBS in general, no matter what you eat?

and yes I'm very sorry for mentioning it but... erm.. it's there? I know it's disgusting but it's a symptom of something, maybe a tumour has secreted some chemical or something?

Carys
04-11-18, 12:11
Can you just have IBS in general, no matter what you eat?

Of course !!!! I had no food problems when I was 20. I had it from anxiety/stress.

Toby2000
04-11-18, 12:29
Of course !!!! I had no food problems when I was 20. I had it from anxiety/stress.

I mean of course I'm always worrying.. but I don't like panic to the point where it gives me diarrhea, or get like anxious to the point where I'm not able to cope. It's more a constant sense of dread or even a worry in the back of my mind that just makes me feel really low.

Can you just have IBS without any specific triggers? Cause I always seem to have thinner stools, even when I'm not worrying. The diarrhea usually depends on what I eat.. like if I eat a load of junk. But it'll be looser most of the time. Sometimes solid, but still slimmer. Not exactly thin and pencil like though. Just slimmer.

Carys
04-11-18, 12:36
Can you just have IBS without any specific triggers?
Toby you HAVE a trigger! Your trigger is your constant fear about cancer, the 'dread' the anxiety that is always there.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/irritable-bowel-syndrome-ibs/

Toby2000
04-11-18, 13:15
Toby you HAVE a trigger! Your trigger is your constant fear about cancer, the 'dread' the anxiety that is always there.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/irritable-bowel-syndrome-ibs/

I know but when I'm worrying I don't think it's enough to create symptoms. I don't hyperventilate like some people which may cause the runs, I'll just be sat there feeling low thinking about it.. my stomach won't be in knots or anything.. it'll just be a scary as hell thought

Carys
04-11-18, 13:31
Toby, honestly, there really isn't much more I can add here. Go see your doctor to discuss IBS/cancer if you are still concerned, on Monday as you said you might. :)

Toby2000
04-11-18, 13:52
Toby, honestly, there really isn't much more I can add here. Go see your doctor to discuss IBS/cancer if you are still concerned, on Monday as you said you might. :)

Do you know if you can just feel slightly anxious and that causes symptoms?

And I might do but idk what I'll say.. I'll just get the same answer which is I haven't had diarrhoea constantly for 6 weeks, no unstoppable bleeding or vomiting so I don't fit the bill of getting tested for cancer.

This is like... driving me insane. I just want answers. It's likely I have IBS but they also tell that to cancer patients just because they don't have as many symptoms

I do SOMETIMES have discomfort before going to toilet that's relieved by a BM, but doesn't everyone? Is it like exceptionally painful cramping with IBS?

---------- Post added at 13:52 ---------- Previous post was at 13:51 ----------

"The cause of IBS is unknown, but it is thought to result from a combination of abnormal gastrointestinal (GI, digestive) tract movements, increased awareness of bodily functions, and miscommunication between the brain and the GI tract."

"increased awareness of bodily functions"

maybe that's why I get constipated when I'm more aware of it/whenever I worry about CC?

samina77
04-11-18, 13:55
Hi Toby,

I’m so sorry you’re suffering so much and I can see how far down the rabbit hole you are as I’ve been there and I’m sort of there now. The only thing that will help you is a) get some help for the anxiety - it will help loads.. and 2) if you just can’t stand the not knowing what s going on inside - demand a colonoscopy (this is where I am at the moment - I’ve been putting it off for a year but now I’m like - sod it, I’m fed up with freaking out over my symptoms...)
Good luck to you xx

Toby2000
04-11-18, 14:05
Hi Toby,

I’m so sorry you’re suffering so much and I can see how far down the rabbit hole you are as I’ve been there and I’m sort of there now. The only thing that will help you is a) get some help for the anxiety - it will help loads.. and 2) if you just can’t stand the not knowing what s going on inside - demand a colonoscopy (this is where I am at the moment - I’ve been putting it off for a year but now I’m like - sod it, I’m fed up with freaking out over my symptoms...)
Good luck to you xx

I wish I could, but I'm not assertive enough and I don't want to appear rude to my GP because she's really nice. I don't think they'd ever offer an 18 year old a colonoscopy unless the circumstances were extreme either.. but yes I wish I was able to have one. It's hell every time I go to the toilet.

Carys
04-11-18, 14:12
No, they won't offer one, UNLESS they think your symptoms show you need one !:winks:

Toby2000
04-11-18, 14:27
No, they won't offer one, UNLESS they think your symptoms show you need one !:winks:

True.. she also said she thinks I have an irritable bowel but how can she know that without carrying out tests?

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:25 ----------

I should also mention that a couple of months ago I did an iron deficiency test and it said I wasn't anemic.

If the initial bleeding wasn't from a fissure and was from a tumour, would that ever stop bleeding or would it constantly bleed? Would I be anemic if the tumour was capable of letting out as much blood as it did that first time I bled?

---------- Post added at 14:27 ---------- Previous post was at 14:25 ----------

and I have had very small traces of blood, like a few dots that disperse, since that first time I bled but never again in that very large volume when it like covered the toilet paper

There was a time when I wiped after having diarrhoea too and there was blood mixed in with it but I was also very sore so.. I think that was probably a fissure. Of course I don't want to speak too fast though

Fishmanpa
04-11-18, 14:27
I'm just asking general questions..

No, you're asking the same specific questions ad nauseum.

Samina, I know you're stressed about your procedure but believe me, the worst part is the prep. They'll give you the good stuff in the hospital and you won't care or remember much anyway. Please read the OPs history on this thread and you'll see that there's nothing wrong and the similarities to your postings. He's a child with severe anxiety, a fissure and stomach related anxiety symptoms! (as I believe you have too). Recommending a test like a colonoscopy is not prudent and you're only projecting your fears about what's happening with you ;)

Toby... PLEASE see your doctor about your anxiety. You desperately need real life help! I urge others to reiterate this information instead of reassurance. Especially those "hoo" recognize the patterns and know his history :winks:

Positive thoughts

Toby2000
04-11-18, 14:30
No, you're asking the same specific questions ad nauseum.

Samina, I know you're stressed about your procedure but believe me, the worst part is the prep. They'll give you the good stuff in the hospital and you won't care or remember much anyway. Please read the OPs history on this thread and you'll see that there's nothing wrong and the similarities to your postings. He's a child with severe anxiety, a fissure and stomach related anxiety symptoms! (as I believe you have too).

Toby... PLEASE see your doctor about your anxiety. You desperately need real life help! I urge others to reiterate this information instead of reassurance. Especially those "hoo" recognize the patterns and know his history :winks:

Positive thoughts

No I really NEED reassurance because then I can help develop an understanding of what it might be.. I no longer think I have a blockage or a large mass down there thanks to someone putting it into perspective for me what a blockage would actually be like. And thanks to Carys' amazing help I'm starting to think I might have IBS

I don't want to just seek help and still have these symptoms and then it turns out to be something horrible. I will definitely seek help or try to work on my anxiety as soon as I find out for sure what's causing the diarrhoea/constipation/mucus/sometimes blood

Fishmanpa
04-11-18, 14:34
I don't want to just seek help

That says it all folks :shrug: Again, please, I urge you to reiterate seeking real life help for the obvious illness here! That's truly the kindest and most constructive reply. Treating the real illness will help with the symptoms associated with it!

Positive thoughts

Toby2000
04-11-18, 14:43
That says it all folks :shrug: Again, please, I urge you to reiterate seeking real life help for the obvious illness here! That's truly the kindest and most constructive reply. Treating the real illness will help with the symptoms associated with it!

Positive thoughts

Sure that looks bad without context.. but the context is me saying I don't want to seek help AND JUST IGNORE THE SYMPTOMS. I said I will seek help as soon as I know what's wrong. Because there IS something wrong.

Carys
04-11-18, 14:59
With respect, not all patterns are identical in all people FMP, and what works with one person, may not with another. I think we can all come to our own descisions about if\when to respond, and at what point to cease. I think Toby IS, I hope, starting to logically work out that his symptoms are not what he perceives them to be. Of course, he may revert back and swing the other way, but working through things logically and building your own skills in analysing what is a threat, and what is not a threat is a worthwhile thing to do. Nobody can make somebody go and get anxiety help, which there is no doubt Toby has, but whilst he is asking here then my view is that it is better to at least try to work through some skills in self-help.

Fishmanpa
04-11-18, 15:02
Fair enough. All yours!

Positive thoughts

Carys
04-11-18, 15:06
There is more than one way to skin a cat, as the saying goes. I never had help to deal with HA, I worked it out myself using self-help tecnhniques. Of course, in those days, psyschological support wasn't as accessible or prevalent. Toby KNOW he can go and request some counselling, or cbt,whenever he wants. However, he has to WANT it himself, and I find it pointless to keep saying 'go get help, go get help, go get help'. He will when he feels pushed too far, or the time is right, and that is different for everyone. I know not everyone will agree with me, and I suspect you aren't alone FMP in your views, but ces la vie......