PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Stephanie
15-08-07, 11:46
Hello,
My name is Stephanie, I'm 25 and a teacher and I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks and have done for 10 years! I'm having rather a bad patch at the moment- anxiety attacks don't seem to be going- they usually die down after taking sertraline for a few weeks. It doesn't seem to be happening this and time. I'm scared and feel really alone. I hate the fact that I put my friends and family through this.

manmoor
15-08-07, 12:03
Hi Stephanie,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

domino
15-08-07, 12:07
Hi stephanie, welcome to you , you will get great advice on here, read some posts on panic attacks you will find that you are not alone. :biggrin:

SammiB
15-08-07, 12:14
Hey stephanie, sorry to here that your not feeling well

but a warm welcome to the site,

maybe your brain has now got used to the medication and looks like you have to do it the hard way and that is just to go through it and let it go away naturally.

everybody here will be a great help

hope you are ok

sam

Lindalou64
15-08-07, 12:59
HI STEPHANIE,
WELCOME .SORRY YOUR GOING THRU A BAD PATCH AT THE MOMENT.IM SURE YOU WILL FIND LOTS OF SUPPORT AND INFO HERE WISH YA THE BEST.....LINDA

groovygranny
15-08-07, 13:20
Hello Stephanie:welcome:to you!

You're definitely not alone here and will get plenty of help and support!

I also work in education (IT) !

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

bottleblond
15-08-07, 14:07
Hi Stephanie,

WELCOME!!!! :hugs:

Like yourself, my anxiety/panic attacks came back out of the blue and knocked me to the floor. I looked for reasons and tried to understand why this was happening to me again, but in the end i decided to go back to my GP. I am so glad i did because he upped my medication to get me through this bad spell. This may not be the answer for you hun, but please talk to your gp. It could be something simple like your meds need looked at again.

Best of luck and best wishes to you

Lisa
xxxxxxxx

trac67
15-08-07, 14:44
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

PUGLETMUM
15-08-07, 14:53
:) hey stephanie,

please dont worry about putting your family and friends through 'this' it really makes you feel a whole lot worse! you arent doing it on purpose are you? so youve got nothing to feel bad about, and the person who is suffering the most is you! so stop worrying about them and start focusing on getting yourself better again, like the others say with or without meds.

you will get lots of support and advice here, so you may now feel like less of a burden anyway coz you can come here and offload instead!:yesyes:

all the best

Stephanie
15-08-07, 16:03
Thank you for the messages of support, I'm at the point now when I'm not sure how much more of this I can take. But I just have to keep reminding myself I've got through it before I will again.

jill
15-08-07, 20:15
Hi Stephanie :D

WELOCME TO THE SITE

Sorry you having a bad time at the mo, my heart goes out to you:hugs: Ohhh your a teacher, that can be very stressfull job, oh I do admire what you do :yesyes:

You have come to the right place, there are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Nibbles
15-08-07, 21:40
Hi Stephanie and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. Have you tried counselling while on the meds to try and change your thought process? Try and accept negative thoughts will come as it's part of anxiety but gently push them out with positive thoughts. You aren't doing this on purpose so have no reason to feel guilty that you're upsetting your family.

If things feel a bit overwhelming at the moment you could try writing down everything which makes you anxious at the moment. Choose one thing to work on and break it down into small steps. That way by ignoring the other things for the time being it makes things more manageable.

Take care,

Mike

nomorepanic
17-08-07, 19:15
Hi Stephanie

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

I am sure you will get loads of support and advice here and meet some lovely people.