PDA

View Full Version : Member status

CarpeDiem
15-08-07, 13:10
Hello lovely Admins,

Bit of a silly question (with an obvious answer I'm sure) but you know how your names have "Administrator" written underneath your screen name & other people have "New Member" or "Senior Member" etc underneath.... How come some members have nothing at all ? (Such as me!) Am I not a member ?
My anxious side is trying to convince me that its a conspiracy but logic is hanging on in there.... for now! I feel an explanation would help!
:D CarpeDiem xxxxxx

groovygranny
15-08-07, 13:16
Hello CarpeDiem!

The following is taken from this thread:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17664&highlight=post+counts

[The rankings on here are as follows:

New member 50 posts

Junior member 100 posts

Intermediate member 400 posts

Senior member 800 posts

Advanced member 1200 posts]

Hope this helps to clarify things!:)but, please check out the link too!

:flowers:

eeyorelover
15-08-07, 13:17
Ok well I am pretty sure it goes by number of posts. So JulieG for example has done 62 posts and is catagoried into new member so the ranking must start at 50 posts.
I think:winks:

Until there you are just blank underneath but we still love ya:hugs::flowers:

*edited to add *
Great minds think alike GG :)
And to beat it all - I was right!! This day might be okay after all - LOL

xxx
Sandy

CarpeDiem
15-08-07, 13:24
Ha ! :ohmy:
So I was right all along, eh? - I really am NOTHING to you people! :weep:

Ha ha! Thanks for clearing that up for me you two, it will be years before I'm even a New Member then, as I tend to do a few looooooooong rambling posts rather than lots of reasonably lengthed ones! Nevermind, I'm an active member at the very least!
Take care, CarpeDiem :D
xxxxxx

groovygranny
15-08-07, 13:48
Hi CarpeDiem!

Glad we could help....

Please don't stop the looooong rambling posts.....I need the company lol !!:yahoo:

Er, what is a reasonably lengthed post then ?:shrug:

:flowers:

nomorepanic
15-08-07, 18:21
Sorry it should be....

New member 50 posts

Junior member 100 posts

Intermediate member 400 posts

Advanced member 800 posts

Senior member 1200 posts

I got it wrong in the previous post that GG copied for me into here. It could probably do with updating so that new members get a title as well. I will look into that.

panicdiva
15-08-07, 23:26
Are these posts ones that you start, or do the ones you answer count 2? I'm assuming they do, but just checking.

jill
16-08-07, 00:00
Hi panicdiva

just thought I would answer your question,

Post you start and post you reply too but not on panic/pause humour, they don't count.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

clickaway
16-08-07, 00:08
Hi Nic,

Do NMP set these thresholds or are they built into the software? I would have thought someone with 1 to 49 posts should have some kind of member status.

Just a thought :flowers:

jill
16-08-07, 00:18
Hi Nic, :D :hugs:

In response to Rays, comment, if it is possible for you to change it, maybe it could be like this....

New member !-49

Starting member 50

Just a thought.

You take care

LOVE JILLXX

CarpeDiem
16-08-07, 10:39
:) Hi all :)
What have I started ?!?! :doh:

I feel like I've been a whiney brat for not being part of the "member gang" ! (Although I actually do think the 0 - 49 posts = New Member idea is a good one!)
He he.
Hope this isn't causing the Admins a headache ! :madness:
CarpeDiem
xxxxxx

groovygranny
16-08-07, 12:56
LOL CarpeDiem!!

Don't be daft, you're not a whiney brat at all - it was a perfectly reasonable enquiry :)!!

Nah, I don't think it's got anything at all to do with being part of the "member gang" :ohmy:!!

Just information really as to how often someone posts or not!

Don't worry about the admins.........we got lots of parecetamol lol !!

:hugs::flowers:

clickaway
16-08-07, 13:32
OK, I'll fess up and reveal that I was not even aware of those under 50 posts did not have this member ranking, even though I was an admin on this site in a former life. Duh! :ohmy:

Bill
07-10-07, 02:35
Whatever I'm called....and there's been a few things in my time!:D ...whether I'm called new, junior or whatever...I'd call myself an "ancient member" because not only do I feel old but I also feel I've been a lifetime member of anxiety!!! :D :D :D

Personally, I'm looking forward to being called junior because I'll feel young again! :D

GemmaAnn
09-01-08, 23:33
I didnt know where to put this, so il just add it in here ... but on my profile it says I have 25 posts ... but when I look at all my posts theres 37 of them!
Im confused!
any ideas?
thanks xx

eeyorelover
09-01-08, 23:37
Good question!!
I haven't the foggyest but I'm sure someone more tech savy will come along and answer your question :)

nomorepanic
09-01-08, 23:53
Some post don't count to the post count - like the joke forum and the birthday wishes ones

eeyorelover
10-01-08, 00:55
Hmmmm.
Ok.