PDA

View Full Version : Still having abdominal issues

Dave_Lister
13-08-18, 16:21
Hi everyone,

First off let me say that my HA is under control, but I have been diagnosed with a fatty liver about 6 months ago, and I am still having issues with upper right quadrant pain, and back pain, and now my stools sometimes have a yellow tinge to them.

Today was more yellow as I had a Costco hot dog yesterday and felt not too well after it, and I was gassy.

My Ultrasound which showed a fatty liver was clear for gallstones, but I am wondering what could be causing this niggling pain, and yellow stools? I have Googled, and they say liver or GB issues, but in the absence of stones I am not sure.

I am a little concerned about it being liver issues because I was a bit of a drinker(3-4 days per week having 5-7 beers) before but have cut down as per doctors orders and he wasn't concerned with the fatty liver and my LFTs were normal, and so was pancreas numbers.

Anybody else go through anything like this?

tracieann
13-08-18, 18:32
you can still have gallbladder issues without stones it can be inflamed or you can have sludge in there thats about all i know take care

Dave_Lister
13-08-18, 19:50
That is kind of what I am thinking, but I am not sure. I have an appointment on Thursday to get in and hopefully he can figure this out.

coastgirl
14-08-18, 04:36
I'm having a similar issue, left side pain.

But I'll tell you what, no matter how healthy I am those Costco hot dogs and pizza sends my stomach into hysterics haha. I don't digest that food well at all. Shame because it's good in a junk food way and pretty cheap.

Sparky16
14-08-18, 04:48
Yeah, Costco hotdogs are probably not good for you in general. I have a relative who works at a big theme park (think cartoon mice) and she says that light colored to green stools like this are common in vacationing families from too much fast food. It moves through your system too fast.

Talk to your doc, but steer clear of the Costco dogs!

Dave_Lister
14-08-18, 21:01
Haha thanks Sparky!

Those dogs are so good, but like you said they can play havoc with your GI.

I am just starting to feel better today.

Now that I am 43 I am starting to realize that I cannot eat the crap that I used to, so note to self on the Costco dogs.