PDA

View Full Version : oesophageal motility test

cheeky monkey
15-08-07, 15:06
Hi guys
Soz got to ask for more advice, I've got to go to St. Marks Hospital Harrow. at the begining of Oct for oesophageal motility and 24 hr PH monitoring. They are going to do the op for my hiatus hernia but the doc said I've got to have this done first. You know what doctors are like they never explain things to you. And as I've had tubes stuck up every which way but loose lol, I'm starting to worry about this one.
So was wondering if anyone has had this done.
take care
susie:hugs: :)

janehamilton
28-08-07, 13:22
Hi Susie, I had these test done last year. Don't worry it sounds much worse than it is. It simply involves inserting a small tube through your nose down into your stomach, you wear this for a day and go back to the hospital the following day. The tube is attached to a small device which records the PH levels in your stomach and determines what level of reflux you have if any. As the tube is inseterted you just keep swallowing and before you know it the tube is in, it isn't painful and just feels a little odd but not in a bad way after about 30 minutes you forget its there.
I had this do to my chronic indegestion etc but the procedure found nothing and like everything else was put down to my anxiety disorder. Hope this helps. Jane xxx

cheeky monkey
05-09-07, 20:56
Hi Jane
Thankyou for your reply, it has eased my worries. Though the nearer it gets to the day the more I feel nervous/ Don't laugh I even stuck a straw up my nose to see how it feels to have a tube up there, and It wasn't nice. I'm worrying what would happen if I sneeze or it falls out. I have to stop taking my tummy tabs a week before and Im dreading that as I get bad burning and pain when I stop taking them I have inflamation of the oesophagus and a hiatus hernia which they are hopefully going to operate on thats why they want me to have this test.
anyway thanks once again. Hope you are ok
take care
susie xx

Mrmagoo
11-09-07, 07:21
Hi guys
Soz got to ask for more advice, I've got to go to St. Marks Hospital Harrow. at the begining of Oct for oesophageal motility and 24 hr PH monitoring. They are going to do the op for my hiatus hernia but the doc said I've got to have this done first. You know what doctors are like they never explain things to you. And as I've had tubes stuck up every which way but loose lol, I'm starting to worry about this one.
So was wondering if anyone has had this done.
take care
susie:hugs: :)

I had to look twice or maybe even three times at the title.As God as my witness I never even heard of this.

I hope it goes ok. The thought of this makes me anxious and Im not sure I could deal with all that.

Take care and good luck im sure you will be fine.Maybe I did not help being here posting this but whoaaaa goodness gracious..take care