PDA

View Full Version : boyfriend has tiny for on his toenail

helenhoo
13-08-18, 23:21
TINY DOT**

So I'm not even over my own worries and today noticed a tiny dark for in middle of one of boyfriends toenails. He's unfazed but immediately I googled toenail melanoma. Should we monitor it? it looks similar to one I had under fingernail but this one is on his toenail bed.

BazB44
13-08-18, 23:27
google subungual hematoma. last year I had a dark spot under my toe nail, and I freaked and ran to doctor. He immediately said "oh that's just a subungual hematoma" or whatever its called. It will eventually grow itself out.

Shadowhawk
14-08-18, 00:07
Without seeing it, it's hard to say what it is, but it may also simply be a splinter hemmorage, which can happen most commonly with an injury (bumped his toe, dropped something, etc)

helenhoo
18-08-18, 07:48
it's still there on his toe, 3rd one along and a tiny black dot in middle of nail bed. He's not bothered by it at all but I'm scared its melanoma. Id take a photo but that's weird even for me. Im also scared one day I'll look and it'll be a bigger dot/covering whole toenail.

---------- Post added at 07:48 ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 ----------

I've looked at photos online and it isn't typical of toenail melanoma but a black dot under toe concerns me but he won't see a doctor.

venusbluejeans
18-08-18, 10:39
immediately I googled toenail melanoma

That there is your problem....

Scass
18-08-18, 11:33
it's still there on his toe, 3rd one along and a tiny black dot in middle of nail bed. He's not bothered by it at all but I'm scared its melanoma. Id take a photo but that's weird even for me. Im also scared one day I'll look and it'll be a bigger dot/covering whole toenail.

---------- Post added at 07:48 ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 ----------

I've looked at photos online and it isn't typical of toenail melanoma but a black dot under toe concerns me but he won't see a doctor.

Of course he won’t. It’s his toe, he knows it’s not serious. Leave it alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NancyW
18-08-18, 13:26
immediately I googled toenail melanoma.

WHY do you continue to google?

You have been asked, practically begged to STOP googling.

WHY don't you listen to the advice you are given?

Helen, STOP NOW. You are going to be a mother soon.

If you think your fears are bad now, when your baby is born you will wish for only a dot on a toenail.

WHY do you refuse to do help yourself even the slightest bit?