PDA

View Full Version : Blood blister treatment

helenhoo
14-08-18, 14:37
Has anybody has a blood blister partially drained? A nurse poked with needle said there were various pockets of blood and it's still lookong as it did. Does it now jusy heal on itself or should I go back to get it drained some more? I'm wearing flip flops to air it out as she suggested .

nomorepanic
14-08-18, 14:53
Why did you delete your thread about this?

helenhoo
14-08-18, 15:09
because that thread was full of worry and concern about what it was, now I know just looking for advice on how to help it heal.

ErinKC
14-08-18, 15:10
Make an appointment with a dermatologist before your baby is born. You'll never have time to after. A dermatologist can tell you exactly what it is and treat it. Then you can be done with this.

Elen
14-08-18, 15:31
Make an appointment with a dermatologist before your baby is born. You'll never have time to after. A dermatologist can tell you exactly what it is and treat it. Then you can be done with this.

The NHS doesn't work like that here in the UK. Only people in need of consultants should be referred.

Helen has had advice on how to care for it. This post is looking for more re-assurance.

helenhoo
14-08-18, 15:48
nurse told me it was blood bliater, drained it, told me to squeeze more out but I couldn't. I rang up but as it walk in clinic the nurse wasn't there next day.

venusbluejeans
14-08-18, 16:32
Thread deleted by helenhoo (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?u=74452)
Reason: resolved
ummm it really wasn't resolved if you need to start a new thread about it?!?!

so your anxiety about this has resolved itself.... and you are just wondering about how to get it to heal..... then post on a different forum and NOT an anxiety forum........No More Panic is a forum about anxiety and not a medical advice one

If your anxiety has resolved over it as you state then you have no need to post on here again about it...My guess is this is actually the real reason for you deleting the thread....

Thread deleted by helenhoo (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?u=74452)
Reason: no one is answering me on this thread now. I have all the answers I need but I still want even more answers so will start a new thread

lofwyr
14-08-18, 16:41
Don't do anything. I get blood blisters all the time, it is just a scab that happens to be under the outer layer of skin. When that skins (or nail) wears off, the will fall away. You don't do anything to a blood blister at all except leave it alone.

pulisa
14-08-18, 17:37
Probably best to close the thread?

lucymarie
14-08-18, 18:34
How to care for it is simple - leave it alone. It wont ever heal if you keep fiddling with it.

AntsyVee
15-08-18, 02:37
I called it! Blister. Someone give me my MD now ;)

swajj
15-08-18, 10:14
lol at Helen, always finding new ways to discuss the same topic. :roflmao:

pulisa
15-08-18, 13:35
Childbirth may come as a bit of a shock to the system. I hope the blood blister has healed by then.

ErinKC
15-08-18, 17:54
I worry very much about Helen will handle childbirth and the postpartum period. I went into childbirth at the healthiest mental and physical place I'd been in my life, and it destroyed me. The physical exhaustion and hormonal mania wrecked me and threw me into a spiral of massive anxiety that never existed in my life before motherhood and that I've not been able to completely overcome even 4 years later.

utrocket09
15-08-18, 18:30
If you think helen is blowing up the forum now, wait till her baby gets here.

AntsyVee
16-08-18, 03:27
I worry very much about Helen will handle childbirth and the postpartum period. I went into childbirth at the healthiest mental and physical place I'd been in my life, and it destroyed me. The physical exhaustion and hormonal mania wrecked me and threw me into a spiral of massive anxiety that never existed in my life before motherhood and that I've not been able to completely overcome even 4 years later.

I concur. I’m worried too.

Londonlady
17-08-18, 08:31
I agree I’m pregnant with my second and luckily my HA is under control, but even with medical reassurance this is still going on! I think it’s time to prepare for birth and baby and stop worrying about silly things like this.

NancyW
17-08-18, 12:31
It will be interesting (not a jab at Helen) to see if her HA transfers to the baby or stays centered around herself and her body.

helenhoo
18-08-18, 20:39
I understand the concerns, I do. I have made an appointment for telephone therapy (then from there I have face to face).

I'm wonderong if its grown? its still there a week after partially drained. Normal? when should I go back?

lucymarie
18-08-18, 20:42
I understand the concerns, I do. I have made an appointment for telephone therapy (then from there I have face to face).

I'm wonderong if its grown? its still there a week after partially drained. Normal? when should I go back?

If you have to wonder, then it hasn’t grown. Why can’t you just leave it be? It would likely have gone months ago if you’d left it well alone and you’d be able to enjoy your pregnancy instead of driving yourself into oblivion over a blister.

helenhoo
18-08-18, 20:51
I measured it and not sure. It's always been 5/6 when I measured but when nurse did she wrote 0.5cm.

Why hasnt it gone yet? Had a week of airing it.

---------- Post added at 20:51 ---------- Previous post was at 20:50 ----------

Part of me worries if it *really* is blood blister and if she was mistaken or provoked a cancer? It bled a hell of a lot.

Scass
18-08-18, 21:03
Just leave it. The absolute best thing you can do is to stop looking at it and touching it.

The only reason it was drained was because you wouldn’t leave it alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lucymarie
18-08-18, 21:05
I measured it and not sure. It's always been 5/6 when I measured but when nurse did she wrote 0.5cm.

Why hasnt it gone yet? Had a week of airing it.

---------- Post added at 20:51 ---------- Previous post was at 20:50 ----------

Part of me worries if it *really* is blood blister and if she was mistaken or provoked a cancer? It bled a hell of a lot.

Because things take time to heal, the last blister I had was smaller than yours and lasted a month and that was without me prodding it like you have been. Of course it bled, it was a blister full of blood. If you absolutely cannot move on from this you should make an appointment with an actual GP and ask for a referral to dermatology. It’s the only way you can settle your mind and be there for your baby.

helenhoo
18-08-18, 22:53
I feel I want to go back just incase it is skin cancer. would it have bled so much if it was?

lucymarie
18-08-18, 23:06
I feel I want to go back just incase it is skin cancer. would it have bled so much if it was?

Ring up first thing Monday then and get the ball rolling. I have no idea, none of us here are qualified to diagnose anything.

helenhoo
19-08-18, 06:16
Nurse was convinced it was a blood blister but as it's still there I'm worried. Nodular Melanomas can bleed but tbiss bled because she drained to see what was inside and it was blood. Would so much blood be inside a cancer? She said there were various pockets?

AntsyVee
19-08-18, 06:56
Blood blisters bleed because they are filled with blood. Thus the name.

Londonlady
22-08-18, 07:29
Why don’t you see a doctor for once and not a nurse then or better so an actual dermatologist?

helenhoo
22-08-18, 08:25
because we don't have derms here in UK unless referred. this nurse was adamant.

Its now hardening up which internet suggests means it's healing.

helenhoo
24-08-18, 21:47
Two weeks and still there, feels harder, still squashable though. When should I expect it to go?

Andrash
24-08-18, 22:47
Two weeks and still there, feels harder, still squashable though. When should I expect it to go?

Approximately 3 days before Brexit.

helenhoo
25-08-18, 15:14
???

hazelbritt
25-08-18, 21:24
I have had blood blisters before. They can take quite awhile to heal.

The anxiety over this is really just a HUGE shadow that your mind has made up over something very small.

Take care xx

Andrash
25-08-18, 22:45
???

You are asking questions that we here really cannot answer. How long till your blister heals? I don't know. 3 days before Brexit is as good guess as any. On October 18th, will the weather be sunny or rainy? I honestly don't know. I am not a doctor and I have never had blood blister. Even if you find somebody who had it, her/his answer wouldn't mean much for you - different body parts and different bodies obviously - we all have our own recovery speed.

However, that's only part of the issue. The other, very irritating thing is that you so obviously ignore almost everything it is written here, which are our attempts to help you. How many times have we all (probably a good hundred of us) advised you not to google? A million times, give or take a couple of thousands. And what do you do? You google your blood blister like crazy, every single detail of it. How many times have we told you to leave it alone? What do you do? You OBSESS over it, day after day after day. How many times have we told you not to poke/prod it? What do you do? You poke and prod. How many times have we advised you to start intensive CBT - you told you would register for it. Have you done that? Shame on me if I am wrong, but I sincerely doubt you have. And so on, and so on. You just ignore everything and continue your anxiety driven rant.

Let me tell you now - your destructive behaviour, caused by hypochondria, will destroy you mentally and physically much faster and more efficient than cancer or blister or whichever thing you fear. The sad thing is that it will also affect your nearest and dearest. Don't you see that it has already ruined your life? You are young, you are strong, you have a job, you are in a relationship and in couple of months you'll have a beautiful baby - and what do you think about? What do you obsess about? A bleedin' (pun intended) blood blister.

I mean come on. Get a grip. Seriously. You should ask yourself the following - do you really want the rest of your life to look and feel like this? Do you really want your kid to suffer because you are going looney over a thing that is totally harmless, doesn't cause you any symptoms and will resolve in a short while. And then, when it resolves it will be another thing, then another, then yet another. Do you really want to make your beautiful daughter/son a prisoner of your anxiety? Do you want to care for him or your entire thought process will consist of what the nurse said, what was drained, what was left, if that is normal and if cancer (which you, btw, absolutely don't have) contains pools of blood or not. What matters more - happiness of your family or whether the blister will heal on Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday? Go on, ask yourself. Think about it. Or not - you can just continue doing what you are doing now and drive you and everybody around you crazy. Your choice.

That would be it and I apologize for the long post and eventual rudeness.

EmmerLooeez
25-08-18, 23:13
Helen is quite obviously more unwell than some people can empathize with! If you can't deal with somebody that unwell ignoring your advice, then don't give it. I know it must be frustrating but there is no need for it.

You wouldnt talk to someone autistic like that. "Your tendancy to be so literal and talk about yourself without giving a crap for anybody else is going to ruin your life. You need to stop" Gross generalisation, not meaning to cause offense but that is how some with autism come across/are perceived sometimes, even though it couldn't be farther from the truth. Their brains are just wired a little differently.

Helen is unwell. You might think that she can just try your techniques and get better, maybe she can, but in a forum full of thousands of people, do you really think that it is unlikely that we will encounter one really mentally unwell person? Whose brain chemicals are so out of whack despite 'cbt techniques'??

Being blunt and rude to Helen doesn't work, so don't try to say that is the approach you were going for. you were simply ranting at a vulnerable pregnant lady because her mental illness frustrated you!!

Helen if you have any professionals involved at the moment I'd like to speak with them, honestly. Just give them some outside info so they can help you better. Even if that is a doctor's surgery email, a phone number for a midwife or therapist, anything.

Your blood blister will heal fine. X

---------- Post added at 23:13 ---------- Previous post was at 23:08 ----------

I can't fathom it. I really can't, I'm sorry.

You have someone very clearly mentally ill. You might even say paranoid and delusional (sorry Helen, but it's true) and you all just gang up on her and basically call her a bad mum and person for ignoring your 'advice'. On every thread and post I see about Helen people act like this. It's so common place now that I see jokes and little digs at her, it's bullying.

Andrash
25-08-18, 23:20
Helen is quite obviously more unwell than some people can empathize with! If you can't deal with somebody that unwell ignoring your advice, then don't give it. I know it must be frustrating but there is no need for it.

You wouldnt talk to someone autistic like that. "Your tendancy to be so literal and talk about yourself without giving a crap for anybody else is going to ruin your life. You need to stop" Gross generalisation, not meaning to cause offense but that is how some with autism come across/are perceived sometimes, even though it couldn't be farther from the truth. Their brains are just wired a little differently.

Helen is unwell. You might think that she can just try your techniques and get better, maybe she can, but in a forum full of thousands of people, do you really think that it is unlikely that we will encounter one really mentally unwell person? Whose brain chemicals are so out of whack despite 'cbt techniques'??

Being blunt and rude to Helen doesn't work, so don't try to say that is the approach you were going for. You were simply ranting at a vulnerable pregnant lady because her mental illness frustrated you!!

Helen if you have any professionals involved at the moment I'd like to speak with them, honestly. Just give them some outside info so they can help you better. Even if that is a doctor's surgery email, a phone number for a midwife or therapist, anything.

Your blood blister will heal fine. X

---------- Post added at 23:13 ---------- Previous post was at 23:08 ----------

I can't fathom it. I really can't, I'm sorry.

You have someone very clearly mentally ill. You might even say bordering on delusional here (sorry Helen, but it's true) and you all just gang up on her and basically call her a bad mum and person for ignoring your 'advice'. On every thread and post I see about Helen people act like this. It's so common place now that I see jokes and little digs at her, it's bullying.

If your, for example, friend, had a chronic lung disease and you caught him sneaking off to have a smoke even though everybody told him to quit and he was aware of the consequences, what would you do? Would you tell him, in no uncertain terms, that he absolutely needs to stop/quit because he is ruining his life, or would you eschew precision and graveness of the warning for kind understanding? I might be wrong, I accept, but I would always go for the first option. And again, I might be wrong, but for me it is called tough love, not bullying.

Since further discussion about this doesn't have relevance for the topic, I will, from my side, end it here.

EmmerLooeez
25-08-18, 23:21
You know how they say that the really mentally unwell people can't tell that they are that poorly? That is what this is here. I've watched Helens posts for some time. It is not somebody with simple anxiety that is lacking in techniques and is ignoring people or seeking anxiety.

This is someone mentally ill, vulnerable and scared.

lucymarie
25-08-18, 23:22

Did you make the doctor appointment Helen? Blood blisters to my knowledge can take anything from 1-6 weeks to heal, dependant on the cause and genetics etc. If you are prodding it, even longer.

EmmerLooeez
25-08-18, 23:27
I'm sorry but that is different. That is assuming that your friend with chronic lung disease was of rational and sound mind!

---------- Post added at 23:27 ---------- Previous post was at 23:24 ----------

"Mental health patient on PQ ward, you do know that by doing these compulsions you think will help with your anxiety and obsessive thoughts, you're making them worse? You know it will extend your stay on the ward? I told you to stop so stop"
... "I can't believe you didn't listen to me. Do you know you're a terrible human who deserves to be this poorly?"

Catherine S
26-08-18, 02:23
You know how they say that the really mentally unwell people can't tell that they are that poorly? That is what this is here. I've watched Helens posts for some time. It is not somebody with simple anxiety that is lacking in techniques and is ignoring people or seeking anxiety.

This is someone mentally ill, vulnerable and scared.

I think you might be over-reacting Emmer, yes helen/Rebecca could well be mentally ill vulnerable and scared, but if so, she's been mentally ill vulnerable and scared since 2012. Time to at least seek professiona help don't you think? And sorry, but I agree with Andrash in that she simply ignores everybody including the admins, which in my book is disrespectful and ignorant... mentally ill or not.

So I would suggest that she stops posting about a blood blister and seeks psychiatric help. She's about to give birth and there'll be much more than a blood blister to post about then I'm sure.

Azzbo
26-08-18, 03:41
Helen you should upload pictures of this blister so we can see it in all its glory

ErinKC
26-08-18, 20:18
"Mental health patient on PQ ward, you do know that by doing these compulsions you think will help with your anxiety and obsessive thoughts, you're making them worse? You know it will extend your stay on the ward? I told you to stop so stop"
... "I can't believe you didn't listen to me. Do you know you're a terrible human who deserves to be this poorly?"

I agree with you, Emmer. I've felt this way for a while about Helen's posts and how people react. I completely understand how frustrating it can be to deal with someone that won't get help for their mental illness. I get that. I dated someone for 2 years who was severely depressed and refused to get help no matter how much I tried to convince him. It was extremely frustrating. So, I broke up with him and stopped interacting with him. I didn't call him every day and belittle him for not doing what I said. If someone ignoring your advice bothers you, then just ignore her. After the first time you post advice, if she ignores it and/or doesn't thank you for it and that upsets you... then stop offering advice. Just leave her be.

Posting incessantly on this forum is obviously part of Helen's mental health issue. If you don't want to be involved in that, don't click on her posts.

helenhoo
26-08-18, 23:32
I appreciate your concern, but my only issue is my health anxiety. I have had members in the past question my mental health but I am jusy battling tbis anxiety. I have gotten help in past, it worked and I have days I am in control. I have had health anxiety since 2015 when someone close to me had a skin cancer removed. Sonce then, and you've probably seen my posts, I've worried about every single illness there is. I beleive my constant googling has given me an insight to these illnesses so when something like a new mole, or blood blister appears my brain is already throwing the words 'skin cancer' at me. Other people shrug at these new findings or don't care, I seem to be programmed to notice them. Even on others (my boyfriends toe nail spot).

Posting on here for me is easier than approaching a doctor, but I have done. I went to a walk in and was told it was blood blister. Now it is healing im tempted to ask if its normal because it's hardening and cracking, in tempted to Google but I won't. I can take control, I can but I dont and thats my problem. It's not attention as many have suggested in the past. I have a social life, I have a job (maternity leave), I am unable to continue my day to day life and I'm very honest about my HA. I have friends who suffer it to and we laugh how we can be. But I'm at the point I want it to stop when I'm a mother in a months time. I don't want my child to have this. I have a telephone interview with healthier minds this week.

Catherine S
26-08-18, 23:42
I think that's the most honest post ive ever seen from you helen, and I wish you all the very best with your determined effort to control your fears. Having children changes us because it transfers the focus from ourselves to them..as it should be. We get that you'll most likely post about some worries about the baby's health, but hopefully you won't continue to Google about childhood illnesses :huh:

Anyway, the best of luck to you for the future.

Cath S ☺

nomorepanic
26-08-18, 23:48
It is almost like a different person posting

venusbluejeans
26-08-18, 23:53
I appreciate your concern, but my only issue is my health anxiety.

Posting on here for me is easier than approaching a doctor, but I have done. I went to a walk in and was told it was blood blister.

That is the problem, you don't need to go to the drs about your blood blister, you need to go about your health anxiety, as you say.. it is your only issue.

and you do definitely seem to have matured over the last few days.

NancyW
27-08-18, 04:45
It is almost like a different person posting

Exactly what I thought reading it.
I hope this Helen sticks around, if we can talk to each other, exchange thoughts and feelings we can help eachother.

helenhoo
27-08-18, 06:17
Without seeming I have personality disorder because i know that's be more complex than this but anxious me and non anxious me are similar, but anxiety overruled every time. I use my CBT methods, I use distraction techniques, the pie charts but anxiety would be like 'but what if it is ____ this time?' those nights I spent awake crying at 4am because I had found an article from 10 years ago, scrolling images for pages and pages and eventually finding one that looks like mine. I'm not over tbis blister, I'm still watching it change as it heals and wanting reassurance that it's ok but I've kept plasters on if im out but let it air otherwise when at home. I've spent a lot of time doing baby stuff, surprise baby shower which was nice, buying things for my child - maybe distraction does work for me after all. I'll be honest with healthier minds how bad it gets and what it feels like at the worst points. The sneaking off to measure, the 'I knoe if I ____ for assurance it'll cause an argument but idc' or maybe I've just gotten sick of my own shit and don't want to be that mom passing their issues on. I'd hate the day my child comes up to me and asks about a spot.

Scass
27-08-18, 07:06
Go Helen. Well done for taking a huge step, good luck with your telephone interview. I did cbt for my child too, it’s amazing how your focus can change.

NancyW
27-08-18, 12:41
maybe I've just gotten sick of my own shit and don't want to be that mom passing their issues on. I'd hate the day my child comes up to me and asks about a spot.

Bravo Helen! It's wonderful to hear you be so strong.
It sounds as if you're feeling a bit momma bear, and momma bear will protect her young with every shred of strength she has.
Grasp it dear, stay strong to protect yourself and your baby from this beast we know as HA.

Andrash
27-08-18, 13:33
Excellent job Helen. It seems you have really turned a corner - I am glad I got your CBT commitment wrong :) Keep up the good work.

ErinKC
30-08-18, 17:07
I'm so happy to read this, Helen!! My mom had health anxiety and I'm sure that's why I also have it. It's so aware of the possibility of passing it on to my daughter. I've been working on mine since she was born, which is when it started for me. I see a therapist fairly regularly, but when it gets out of hand I'm really honest with her about what's going on. I always make sure to explain to her that I have an anxiety disorder which causes me to worry about things that aren't actually dangerous. My therapist told me part of why I developed anxiety is because I grew up in a house where my mother made me see the world as a dangerous place and fear things that weren't actually threats. She still does this by doing things like calling me 5 times a day when she knows my husband is away for a weekend or something, checking in on me. She makes comments if start a new workout program or something about how I have to try not to get hurt. She comments if I lose weight or gain weight, etc... it makes me worry and question things that most people wouldn't. (IS is safe for me to be home alone? Will I hurt myself if I exercise? Did I lose weight because I'm dieting or because I'm sick?) So, even though I can't always control my anxiety, I can control how I present it to my daughter. You'll likely struggle with anxiety after your child is born, even if you stick with treatment, so keep these things in mind. My mom never explained to me that she had anxiety, so I grew up being afraid of the things she was afraid of instead of understanding she had a condition.

helenhoo
04-09-18, 11:58
hi all, I had telephone interview last werk and back in queue for first face to face treatments.

I've been doing ok, not paying it much attention until last night when my boyfriend said 'maybe you should get it drained again' while pulling a grimace. I told him it was healing. He's the one out of everyone who knows how bad my HA has been so don't know why he said it. Fighting anxious thoughts that he thinks it may be the c word. I have 3 weeks until I give birth ffs.

pulisa
04-09-18, 13:36
It's a blood blister not an abscess. Leave it be.

Scass
04-09-18, 16:20
Sometimes even though our partners know we have HA, they can’t quite understand the turmoil. Ignore him & it. Well done for doing the phone interview

pulisa
04-09-18, 17:44
I appreciate your concern, but my only issue is my health anxiety. I have had members in the past question my mental health but I am jusy battling tbis anxiety. I have gotten help in past, it worked and I have days I am in control. I have had health anxiety since 2015 when someone close to me had a skin cancer removed. Sonce then, and you've probably seen my posts, I've worried about every single illness there is. I beleive my constant googling has given me an insight to these illnesses so when something like a new mole, or blood blister appears my brain is already throwing the words 'skin cancer' at me. Other people shrug at these new findings or don't care, I seem to be programmed to notice them. Even on others (my boyfriends toe nail spot).

Posting on here for me is easier than approaching a doctor, but I have done. I went to a walk in and was told it was blood blister. Now it is healing im tempted to ask if its normal because it's hardening and cracking, in tempted to Google but I won't. I can take control, I can but I dont and thats my problem. It's not attention as many have suggested in the past. I have a social life, I have a job (maternity leave), I am unable to continue my day to day life and I'm very honest about my HA. I have friends who suffer it to and we laugh how we can be. But I'm at the point I want it to stop when I'm a mother in a months time. I don't want my child to have this. I have a telephone interview with healthier minds this week.

You have said in this post about how you and your friends can have a laugh about your HA. Maybe your boyfriend was doing the same thing but the point is that this is a diagnosed blood blister and you are having a baby this month so need to think about this rather than a harmless lesion which has been assessed by professionals.

helenhoo
05-09-18, 09:31
Thanks all, I guess a n occasional step backwards will still happen. I haven't thought more of it until I clicked this link in my search bar. Two nurses wouldn't be wrong, right? Cancer wouldn't bleed so much? Nurse wouldnt have shown so much adamant that is was blood blister as she held tissue to it as it bled profusely.

So why do I worry? why is it still there 4 weeks later? Should I get it poked at again or will it heal and go away? its 5mm, it's raised, pink with pockets and its ugly.

---------- Post added at 09:31 ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 ----------

sorry all, having bad day and now worrying so much again. It's so ugly. Could cancer bleed so much like a blood blister? Why hasn't it gone? off to discuss birth plan today and I should be excited but I'm worrying about this, again. What is inside nodular melanoma?

pulisa
05-09-18, 12:49
It's a blood blister. Bleeding profusely? That may be a bit of an exaggeration. Concentrate on your birth plan not a harmless lesion. You are dragging this out unnecessarily.

Scass
05-09-18, 13:29
I think that when you get sling girly anxious about something you drag this up again. It is such a mess because you didn’t leave it alone for weeks. It’s ok, enjoy your birth planning! (My advice: Accept ALL the drugs [emoji6])

helenhoo
06-09-18, 21:36
still little worried! it feels harder and drier sometimes, does this mean it's healing. I am 95% focused on birth, I am honestly. Also moving house so another welcome distraction but it's there. I stupidly posted on Yahoo answers and someone said that yes cancer does bleed as she had oral cancer. I obviously ignored the 4 comments sayimg otherwise. I don't think I'll get over this until it's gone. Sigh.

AntsyVee
07-09-18, 03:44
WELL, AT LEAST now you are recognizing what you are doing wrong.

helenhoo
07-09-18, 09:40
shall I upload a photo?

---------- Post added at 09:40 ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 ----------

it's just that it says nodular melanoma resemble blood blood blisters - does thay mean colour? she jabbed and jabbed at it and it bled and said blood blister but what if she was wrong?

Elen
07-09-18, 10:04
Stop It Helen and no we do not need a photo.

You have had the opinions of medical health professionals and pages of re-assurance here.

YOU are the only person who can stop this cycle

pulisa
07-09-18, 12:52
I doubt whether you will be obsessing about a blood blister when you are in labour..but if you are you could always ask the midwife to have a look in between contractions? She might think it strange though.

---------- Post added at 12:52 ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 ----------

And I'm not suggesting that you do this of course. Time to stop posting about this as Elen says.

helenhoo
09-09-18, 07:51
does the fact it feels harder sometimes mean it's healing? I was watching videos of blood blisters being popped and they acted like mine did but didn't really look the same.

---------- Post added at 07:51 ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 ----------

and im terriefied of being in labor and focusing on this, looking down at it corner of eye.

lucymarie
09-09-18, 08:16
If it were cancer I really don’t think it would heal, it would look worse than it started with. But that won’t matter to you because the reassurance will only last so long. Please get this sorted once and for all before you have your baby Helen, you can’t deal with this and be a new mum at the same time. Why not just go see a Dermatologist and have it all looked at by an actual skin professional.

helenhoo
09-09-18, 10:44
but it has changed from what is was originally though not since it was seen by nurse.

lucymarie
09-09-18, 12:42
You just highlighted my point, it doesn't matter what anyone says to you, you will always find a way to question it. Instead of asking people on a forum who have a shocking history of diagnosing anything, why not go and see someone who can actually give you answers and close this part of your life so you can enjoy being a mum. Trust me you don't want to be dealing with this and a baby at the same time.

helenhoo
09-09-18, 13:58
by the time I get an appointment and then get Dr to refer me to derm I will have likely given birth. Just need to know if this 'process' is typical of blood blister healing from anyone with experience.

Elen
09-09-18, 14:09
we have all told you that it is normal.

You do not need an expensive derm consult.

And trust me no way when you are in labout are you going to look down and notice this spot.

Stop asking us the same question over and over

helenhoo
09-09-18, 22:32
but if it gets wet or plaster on it, it feels little softer?

---------- Post added at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:47 ----------

caved and googled nodular melanoma again, can't find anything specific ones that look simialr are heaginoma? scared myself again.

It bled like a blood blister.

Nurse said out loud it is a blood blister

if concerned still she wouldn't have said so?

lucymarie
09-09-18, 22:56
but if it gets wet or plaster on it, it feels little softer?

---------- Post added at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:47 ----------

caved and googled nodular melanoma again, can't find anything specific ones that look simialr are heaginoma? scared myself again.

It bled like a blood blister.

Nurse said out loud it is a blood blister

if concerned still she wouldn't have said so?

I’m curious what answer you are actually looking for. People have answered that question multiple times alongside all your others and it means nothing. So what is it that you want Helen? You’ve had pretty much every response offered to you and none are good enough, I’m not sure what else there is to say that hasn’t been said 100 times over.

helenhoo
09-09-18, 23:20
I hoenstly don't knkw my boyfrie d just asked if I can't believe a senior nurse, two of them then who eill I beleive. I don't think until it's gone I won't worry about it (that sentence made grammatical sense in my head) I'm squashing it now as we speak even though I know it'll irritate it more. It's tiring. I know its my body trying to distract self from birth nerves but I'm not sure which I'd prefer. All I think is 'what if nurse was wrong and I have months left'

venusbluejeans
09-09-18, 23:54
Serious questions,

Would you prefer us all to lie and tell you we think you have melenoma??

and another..... why would you sooner ask people on here about it rather than medical professionals? Is it because you know that it really is just anxiety and is not actually anything to worry about and would feel stupid going to ask a medical professional when you know there is nothing wrong but anxiety?

Serious questions that I would like you to answer please

helenhoo
10-09-18, 11:37
Whay is it about me tha wants to Google? Like why do I want to find something that proves me right? it's not disease where you pretend you're ill for attention, I know that but it's like I have to be worrying. I was watching blood blister videos and some looked worse than mine but I'd find one that looked different and panic. Same.with googling NM photos, page and pages but I'd find one similar and be like yep, that's it. Still waiting on letter for first face to face session. I'm even breaking my ankle.to look at the blister just to prod it.

---------- Post added at 11:37 ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 ----------

*not literally breaking ankle I must add.

venusbluejeans
10-09-18, 12:08
Serious questions,

Would you prefer us all to lie and tell you we think you have melenoma??

and another..... why would you sooner ask people on here about it rather than medical professionals? Is it because you know that it really is just anxiety and is not actually anything to worry about and would feel stupid going to ask a medical professional when you know there is nothing wrong but anxiety?

Serious questions that I would like you to answer please

pulisa
10-09-18, 13:13
Did you have any anxiety about your pregnancy, Helen? I certainly did for both of mine but it was to do with miscarrying and not believing that I could carry a baby to term.

helenhoo
10-09-18, 15:25
Ems - I had answered tour question in a way, sorry for.not being clearer but yes I do beleive its anxiety but days I don't. I'm watching a documentary at the moment about anorexia and how they have to have routines and beliefs and if they don't something will happen. I see some of myself in this. I know I shouldn't poke, I shouldn't google, but I do. It's a battle and it always wins.

and Pulisa, im so anxious about labor. Ridiculous amounts which is why I think I'm back worrying once more since I discussed birth plan. I worry about dying in birth, dying after, anything happening to baby but I think it links with this blister because I worry it is cancer and I won't have long as a mother. Mine and my boyfriend worry that I'll pass it on to our child.

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:09 ----------

now I'm worried that because I've been poking it and squashing it down that I'd have provokes it more and itll grow more and I'll panic more.

lucymarie
10-09-18, 15:37
Ems - I had answered tour question in a way, sorry for.not being clearer but yes I do beleive its anxiety but days I don't. I'm watching a documentary at the moment about anorexia and how they have to have routines and beliefs and if they don't something will happen. I see some of myself in this. I know I shouldn't poke, I shouldn't google, but I do. It's a battle and it always wins.

and Pulisa, im so anxious about labor. Ridiculous amounts which is why I think I'm back worrying once more since I discussed birth plan. I worry about dying in birth, dying after, anything happening to baby but I think it links with this blister because I worry it is cancer and I won't have long as a mother. Mine and my boyfriend worry that I'll pass it on to our child.

now I'm worried that because I've been poking it and squashing it down that I'd have provokes it more and itll grow more and I'll panic more.

You are the only one that can stop yourself checking, googling and prodding. It's difficult but not impossible and you simply won't get better without it. It's easy to blame the HA but in reality it's us who choose to let it win.

You are worried because you think prodding it will make it worse. Don't prod it then! You have to take some responsibility Helen, really you do.

pulisa
10-09-18, 16:53

You have to take responsibility for not allowing the blood blister to heal, Helen. Soon you will have someone else to care for who will need all your attention and care. It won't be all about your HA anymore.

I don't think you should draw comparisons between your issues and anorexia compulsions either.

helenhoo
10-09-18, 17:43
I recognise how my compulsions can be though and how it really is up to me to control them. Only used anorexia as I was watching a documentary.

helenhoo
11-09-18, 13:31
I googled drained nodular melanoma and couldnt find anything to show they have blood inside so maybe it is a is a blood blister on my toe as the blood blister videos I watched bled the same as mine did. Jusy concerned its still there.

lucymarie
11-09-18, 13:54
I googled drained nodular melanoma and couldnt find anything to show they have blood inside so maybe it is a is a blood blister on my toe as the blood blister videos I watched bled the same as mine did. Jusy concerned its still there.

:yesyes:

helenhoo
11-09-18, 23:10
I always try and.measure it and I get 6mm but when nurse.did she wrote 5mm. had plaster on all day and it's lost some colour when I take it off still squishy. I wish I could pop it myself.

Scass
12-09-18, 07:11
How about if you just leave the plaster off? It may need air.

ErinKC
12-09-18, 21:49
I'd try letting it dry out. I think it'll stay squishy if you leave the band aid on.

helenhoo
14-09-18, 22:58
few days with no signal did me well had it coveted now I'm sure it's grown.

Still not convinced it's blister. More so today.

---------- Post added at 22:58 ---------- Previous post was at 22:45 ----------

if it bled like a blood blister wjen she drained it and she said out Loud it is a blood blister than I should take her word for it?

nomorepanic
14-09-18, 23:27
Yes

Leave it alone, take the plaster off and ignore it. PLEASE

helenhoo
14-09-18, 23:37
I've had a lovely few days with relatives pampering me as theu won't be here when baby is born. 110% not nodular melanoma? (from what nurse has said)

nomorepanic
14-09-18, 23:39
How many times do we have to tell you? It is not cancer

helenhoo
15-09-18, 23:09
it's definitely squashed down a bit therefore looks wider as my feet have swollen ridiculous amounts therefore squashing toe when I've worn shoes. Still squishy in certain areas too

nomorepanic
15-09-18, 23:22
Still not cancer though.

ErinKC
16-09-18, 16:57
I never even thought of this until right now, but all kinds of weird things can grow on your body when you're pregnant (I got a bunch of new moles). It's almost certainly a blood blister like the nurse said, but the fact that it's weird and big and taking a while to heal can absolutely be attributed to the pregnancy. You also can bleed more when pregnant because you have more blood (pregnancy is so weird). I bet after your baby is born it will heal more quickly.

AntsyVee
16-09-18, 17:49
I never even thought of this until right now, but all kinds of weird things can grow on your body when you're pregnant (I got a bunch of new moles). It's almost certainly a blood blister like the nurse said, but the fact that it's weird and big and taking a while to heal can absolutely be attributed to the pregnancy. You also can bleed more when pregnant because you have more blood (pregnancy is so weird). I bet after your baby is born it will heal more quickly.

Exactly. And pregnancy makes your feet swell...

helenhoo
16-09-18, 18:51
could nodular melanoma bleed like a blood blister or is the only confusion between how it looks?

---------- Post added at 18:31 ---------- Previous post was at 18:30 ----------

Just saw your reply Erin. I had thought thought this at aome point myself but the nurse didn't mention it.

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:31 ----------

videos of blood blisters popping looked simialr to how mine bled they just looked different

Gary A
16-09-18, 19:13
Can you stop asking the same questions over and over? If you’re not convinced that it’s a blood blister then go to a doctor and get it checked.

Honestly, what is the point in sitting on here asking the same question and getting the same answer?

Try to act like an adult and take some responsibility for yourself will you?

venusbluejeans
16-09-18, 19:23
Helen I think the words you are looking for is "Thank you all for replying to my thread and trying to reassure me."

helenhoo
16-09-18, 23:00
so have left plaster and socks off and its harder now and looks drier. Nurse said blood blister as she drained it but it's still there and it hasn't gone. I repeat myself because I'm scared.

nomorepanic
16-09-18, 23:35
You can still be respectful though - why is that an issue?

Gary A
17-09-18, 00:02
so have left plaster and socks off and its harder now and looks drier. Nurse said blood blister as she drained it but it's still there and it hasn't gone. I repeat myself because I'm scared.

If you are truly scared, then why on earth are you wasting time repeating questions on this forum and not getting this properly checked by a doctor?

Seriously, just stop this rubbish and get it dealt with. A ten page thread about a blister is, frankly, ridiculous.

helenhoo
17-09-18, 17:01
spent time reading and panicked self again.

Do blood blisters harden?

wilky44
17-09-18, 17:33
Its a blood blister. What happens if you bleed? You scab, of course it hardens. Surely you know this

Gary A
17-09-18, 17:49
spent time reading and panicked self again.

Do blood blisters harden?

Oh for goodness sake.

Can you please tell me how you’re managing the last weeks of your pregnancy while you’re “doing reading” for no other reason than to “panic self”?

This could literally be put to bed with a five minute visit to your doctor. I mean Jesus, at your stage of pregnancy don’t you basically have a medical professional on speed dial to help you through any concerns?

Be an adult. Go to your doctor.

helenhoo
17-09-18, 18:14
because it's been a while.

I remember the nurse being so certain as she drained it and saw blood but it's still there.

---------- Post added at 18:14 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

because the fear it is cancer

In had same feeling but eventually saw walk in senior nurse who drained it and I was relieved for all of a few days and its still there.

Gary A
17-09-18, 18:17
because it's been a while.

I remember the nurse being so certain as she drained it and saw blood but it's still there.

---------- Post added at 18:14 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

because the fear it is cancer

In had same feeling but eventually saw walk in senior nurse who drained it and I was relieved for all of a few days and its still there.

Then go to your doctor.

I’m sorry, but what else would you like me to say? Only a doctor can tell you what it is or isn’t. This thread is now 11 pages long, you also, if I recall correctly, had a thread about this issue before this, which you deleted.

How many times can we repeat ourselves here? Seriously?

venusbluejeans
17-09-18, 18:42
Helen I think the words you are looking for is "Thank you all for replying to my thread and trying to reassure me."

helenhoo
17-09-18, 23:01
It's almost like I try to convince myseld how sure nurse was, if she looked at didn't drain it then I may have more reason to worry but because blood drain then it is a blood blister?

Could she be wrong?

nomorepanic
17-09-18, 23:41
Do you even read our replies?

nomorepanic
17-09-18, 23:52
When is the baby due? Must be soon.

NancyW
18-09-18, 01:53
Yes! When is your due date. How exciting! I loved labor and delivery. Not kidding, I really did.

helenhoo
18-09-18, 10:47
October 11th. I'm very nervous!

I wore plaster on overnight took it off and it was softer, it's once air hits it becomes harder. Has anybody experienced a similar stubborn 'blister' before? I had sleepless night worrying I won't be around for my baby.

venusbluejeans
18-09-18, 11:49
October 11th. I'm very nervous!

I wore plaster on overnight took it off and it was softer, it's once air hits it becomes harder. Has anybody experienced a similar stubborn 'blister' before? I had sleepless night worrying I won't be around for my baby.

Lets hope the baby doesn't come early then as it wouldn't be good foryou to be in a HA crisis when it arrives and posting on here, The baby will be giving you enough sleepless nights let alone you worrying about this too.

When your baby arrives please take some time off the forum, your child deserves you to be there for them and not posting on here all the time.

pulisa
18-09-18, 14:15
Maybe pregnancies are getting longer these days....This baby is going to be very well cooked.

helenhoo
18-09-18, 16:28
I changed my dates to hide my identity but i am due end of this month.

Someone in another forum said you can't drain melanoma, is that true?

nomorepanic
18-09-18, 17:06
Go to the doctor and ask them.

pulisa
18-09-18, 17:35
I think the OP thinks that we were all born yesterday though...

Violet Blue
18-09-18, 17:46
I think the OP thinks that we were all born yesterday though...

:roflmao:

As a measure of the shiteness of my day, this latest Helen development has really cheered me up!

helenhoo
18-09-18, 17:49
why would I lie about being pregnant? It has no relevance to my worry here at all. I am due end of this month and I changed my 'identity' because I don't know who uses these sites, I have a few friends with HA and tbis is the only HA forum I'm aware of since the other closed. Canr remember what it was called. I've posted on Yahoo answers (the forum I refer to in previous).

Gary A
18-09-18, 17:53
why would I lie about being pregnant? It has no relevance to my worry here at all. I am due end of this month and I changed my 'identity' because I don't know who uses these sites, I have a few friends with HA and tbis is the only HA forum I'm aware of since the other closed. Canr remember what it was called. I've posted on Yahoo answers (the forum I refer to in previous).

So now it’s the end of this month whereas only a few hours ago it was October the 11th?

Who knows why you’d lie? Who cares really? Point is you keep tripping yourself up with all these fantastical stories and that coupled with your utter ignorance of any genuine advice you’re given just makes you look like a complete waste of time.

nomorepanic
18-09-18, 17:53
Please go and see a doctor (or nurse) about the blister and we do not need any more posts about it now - we have said all we need to say and cannot offer any further advice so please do as we have said. 13 pages of posts and you are not listening so there is no point keeping this going.

utrocket09
18-09-18, 17:55

Actually being pregnant does have relevance here Helen. You should be taking care of yourself and soon to be baby. Not bugging people on a forum about a silly blister. My fear is once this baby is here, you'll be posting non stop and it will just continue.

Bee
18-09-18, 17:59
I don't often come onto the forums but have just come across this post!

I must admit I feel disappointed to be a member of NMP, We are supposed to be a community of people that help one and other! If people are not wanting to help the OP then don't comment, you all can ignore her. What I have read is shameful, If she feels its best for her identity to change dates, names, whatever, that is her right we are not here to question a member but to support one and other! maybe I have got the site wrong!

venusbluejeans
18-09-18, 18:04
No one has said you aren't actually pregnant at all, in fact i have said before telling people that you were definitely pregnant..... it is no ones business but yours as you say.

pulisa
19-09-18, 08:33
I don't often come onto the forums but have just come across this post!

I must admit I feel disappointed to be a member of NMP, We are supposed to be a community of people that help one and other! If people are not wanting to help the OP then don't comment, you all can ignore her. What I have read is shameful, If she feels its best for her identity to change dates, names, whatever, that is her right we are not here to question a member but to support one and other! maybe I have got the site wrong!

No this site is very supportive to people with a wide range of mental health issues.

helenhoo
21-09-18, 17:52
Appointment booked for Monday and I'm terrified. So so scared.

nomorepanic
21-09-18, 18:09
There is nothing to be scared of - it is a blood blister.

NancyW
21-09-18, 18:12
Appointment booked for Monday and I'm terrified. So so scared.

Helen I'm glad you are going, you need to get this resolved so that you can have peace of mind and enjoy the miracle that is about to happen to you.

helenhoo
21-09-18, 18:19
I wish o could beleive you all, I'm sat crying.

I've had a great chat privately eith a member in direct messages and have been eased a lot until I get a text that an appointment made for me now it's real the panic is back, after a day of feeling slightly calmer.

nomorepanic
21-09-18, 18:33
You really don't need to cry as there is nothing there that is any way cancerous.

It is not good for the baby either.

helenhoo
22-09-18, 22:04
I'm also worrying about the black dot boyfriends toenail.

What is it with toes!

ErinKC
22-09-18, 23:04
Good luck on Monday, Helen. I'm glad you're going. Make a list of everything you want to ask the doctor so you don't forget to say anything while you're there.

helenhoo
23-09-18, 19:47
thank you.

24 hours time I know if its skin cancer or a blood blister and this fills me with so much panic. My boyfriend isn't taking to me atm because he thinks I'm being ridiculous.

Do you all remember what it looks like, shall I upload a photo? The red blood pools?

NancyW
23-09-18, 19:53
No. no picture. We can't give you the peace of mind you need, hang in there and please let us know what the dr says tomorrow.

ErinKC
23-09-18, 19:56
You can do it, Helen. The last bit of waiting is the worst, but hopefully you have a more conclusive answer tomorrow. For what it's worth, my mom went to the dermatologist a few weeks ago for a new really dark spot on her lip. The doctor scared the crap out of her by saying, "Oh wow, that's really dark. We need to biopsy." She was sure it was cancer and freaked out the whole two weeks she had to wait for results... guess what? It was benign and the doctor told her because of how much it bled when they cut it off.... It was a blood blister!

helenhoo
24-09-18, 10:09
still so nervous.

I could be given death sentence in 8 hours

nomorepanic
24-09-18, 13:30
That is hardly likely is it?

helenhoo
24-09-18, 17:42
I'm not sure I'm trying not to panic but I am I feel sick and want to cry.

---------- Post added at 17:42 ---------- Previous post was at 17:35 ----------

I don't want to go.

Scass
24-09-18, 17:58
Just go please, you can do this.

SarahNah
24-09-18, 18:12
Please, please go to the doctor. You can't be under this much emotional distress before you have a baby. It's the last few weeks before you give birth. It should be a joyful time!! You can give yourself that joyful time if you just get this finally put to bed Please just go and have that peace of mind before the birth.

helenhoo
24-09-18, 18:28
on my way crying in the taxi like a n*bhead

nomorepanic
24-09-18, 18:35
Helen - you are not doing yourself or the baby any favours at all here. It is not cancer and you are winding yourself up over nothing. Thank goodness you don't have to go to as many medical appointments as me !

helenhoo
24-09-18, 18:54
Dr said blood blister but if I'm still worried they can swab and drain it for testing but had has prescribed magnesium sulphate and saidnto wear corn ring.

Scass
24-09-18, 18:55
At least you’re a nobhead who is going to get some answers. [emoji846]

helenhoo
24-09-18, 18:56
he said to squeeze it and hardening like you've saif is tissue healing.

ErinKC
24-09-18, 19:05
Do you feel convinced now? Please take this good news and move forward!

helenhoo
24-09-18, 19:45
I know I should but I have a niggle of anxiety still but I must fight it. He said it showed no properties of melanoma but coukd see why I may be worried. Said if I wanted nurse to drain it for swab i could but would need to go back. Said to treat it like a cyst and use thispaste

pulisa
24-09-18, 19:54
Are you more worried about your blood blister than the imminent birth of your first baby though?

helenhoo
24-09-18, 20:20
I guess it links because my fear was being diagnosed and having months with my bab when here. Birth wise I had a friend tell me her horror story lmao so I'm oddly open minded about that.

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:10 ----------

is this typical HA behaviour of not feeling releived. I need to move past it as it's causing my relationship to have small issues again and we have a baby due any time. now

Scass
24-09-18, 20:21
I focused on lots of things other than the birth of my first baby. I was much more focused on my health than I was the birth. I wanted to stay in blissful ignorance of how birth would be.

I think that if you’re transferring your anxiety to something else it’s ok. You’re getting treatment now, you’ve taken some very tough steps and hopefully you’ll continue to progress.

Looking after yourself is part of being a responsible parent, so please keep on seeking advice if you feel anxious. It’s hard to find the time for yourself when you have a newborn, which might give you less worrying time!! But also might mean you stew on things, so just remember that babies are lovely & portable and you can take them to the doctor with you!

Wishing you loads of luck with the baby. Enjoy it x

helenhoo
25-09-18, 17:16
Thank you.

Sorry for no replies I had false alarm last night!

You'd think that's be enough with doctors word but I'm still not convinced, why can't I leave it? Why can't I let it be? I've got corn plasters as he suggested and magnesium sulphate paste but unsure if he said what to do or how long it'll take to heal. Should I go to the nurse to swab and drain and send off?

ErinKC
25-09-18, 18:08
You can't leave it because you have an anxiety disorder. Your brain is forcing you to keep worrying about it. It's probably why you didn't just ask them to drain it yesterday. Anxiety is like a parasite. It always wants something to leach off of... so it tricks you. It tricks you into thinking that you're convinced and you feel fine. Then, you get home and the doubt sets in because it's allowed you to leave questions unanswered, or decline definitive proof. It's all the anxiety parasite. If you want to get it drain, do it. But do it now, don't waffle about it for days and days. If you can make yourself believe the doctor, do what he said and try to relax. A doctor is not going to leave something that could be serious. If there was even a chance he thought it was something bad he'd have taken it off right then, as would the other doctors/nurses you've seen.

helenhoo
25-09-18, 18:48
I did ask there and then but the nurse was with someone else. He said if I wanted to I could he didn't seem to push it on me. He had a feel of it too and I keep askong my boyfriend (who came with) whether doctor seemed convinced it was. Tbh I think Dr knew I was hypochondriac as whenever I tried to tell him I was he'd speak over me. I just don't know what to do with this paste. He suggested I squeeze the blister?

ErinKC
25-09-18, 18:51
If you're unclear on his instructions call back and ask to speak with a nurse to clarify.

nomorepanic
25-09-18, 18:53
Ask your boyfriend what he said

Shadowhawk
25-09-18, 18:58
Ask your boyfriend what he said
Not a boyfriend for me ( :tongue: ), but this is why i try to take along somebody with me for any medical things i am anxious about. In most cases, while they may not remember an exact word or two, they will also pick up on the doctor's body language, and will be able to tell you how the visit REALLY went (over just a say, taped recording).

helenhoo
26-09-18, 13:02
I don't know when I should expect change, 2nd time used the paste today and no difference yet. I'm annoyed that I didn't ask proper treatment, he said to squeeze it but how exactly. It's not a pimple. I still worry he's mistaken.

nomorepanic
26-09-18, 13:17
You didn't respond to my comment above.

You can't expect change in 2 days to be honest.

helenhoo
26-09-18, 13:30
I had typed reply out sorry look like it didn't post.

My boyfriend is p*ssed off with me, again. He said doctor said it was a blood blister and he even touched it and said red dots were bruised but I don't believe him still. Possible 2 Medical professionals would be wrong? I've seen cases online where someones NM was misdiagnosed as blood blister.

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:28 ----------

https://www.melanoma.org/find-support/patient-community/mpip-melanoma-patients-information-page/blood-blister-versus-nodular-melanoma

nomorepanic
26-09-18, 13:36
You HAVE to believe them and stop this obsessing. Only you can do that. We can't help you after all this time as you won't listen to us.

helenhoo
27-09-18, 13:17
I know its all on me now but I don't feel like I know how o treat it, he said use as instructed on label but the label is one of those double peel and I can't open it. I wish I asked for a time frame to expect change and if not whay yo do.

I didnt get his name either as it was flow through doctors, not my regular GP.

Has anybody used this paste on similar skin conditions?

---------- Post added at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 ----------

So I ranf the surgery and they were keen go get me off becauze they were closing -_- I asked to speak to young Indian doctor and she said oh he's a pharamcist. Now I'm unsure if she means same gentlemen I mean and if she does, how do i trust a pharamacist over a doctors diagnosis which is what I thought I was getting.

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 ----------

just rang again and it was with an advanced pharmacist, now I feel panicked again. I thought it was a doctor (I didn't make appointment, someone did for me).

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 ----------

https://ibb.co/maNsHU

ErinKC
27-09-18, 13:45
I think you should just go have that removed. You won't feel any relief until it's gone and you know 100% it was nothing. It takes only moments to cut something off and send it to be tested. They told you to call back if you wanted that, right? So call and say you'd like to have it taken off.

Scass
27-09-18, 13:58
Pharmacists are often more experienced with medicine.

helenhoo
27-09-18, 13:58
do you think it looks worrisome?

ErinKC
27-09-18, 14:00
I don't think it looks worrisome, but it looks worrisome to you. Since an option exists to remove it, you should just do it. I don't think you will rest until you can no longer see it.

Elen
27-09-18, 14:02
I don't think it looks worrisome, but it looks worrisome to you. Since an option exists to remove it, you should just do it. I don't think you will rest until you can no longer see it.

Short term relief though and totally unnecessary.

Give it a week or so and there will be another all consuming worry.

Helen get off here and go and do something else.

Staying glued to the site is doing you no good at all

ErinKC
27-09-18, 14:06
I agree it's short term relief, but sometimes we just need to find a way to survive, and Helen is not surviving with this on her body. Helen, if you have this removed and feel relief, use that feeling to start pursing help for your mental health.

nomorepanic
27-09-18, 14:11
If it is removed there will be a healing process and the area will need special looking after and I think this will cause more issues long term looking after that.

Your boyfriend went with you and I said ask him what they said about treating it.

There is no point going to an appointment for advice when you don't write down what they said and use the advice. You have done this in the past as well.

You are making things 100 times worse for yourself to be honest.

helenhoo
27-09-18, 14:14
He is an advanced pharmacist practitioner and was at the doctors surgery seeing myself and other patients. I'm scared because I asked receptionist if a pharamcist could diagnose and he said no.

I've rang to have nurse drain it on Tuesday.

---------- Post added at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

my boyfriend said I was told it was a blood blister but I have less belief now I know it was pharmacist and not a doctor.

nomorepanic
27-09-18, 14:24
You will never believe anyone though will you?

helenhoo
27-09-18, 14:40
would you beleive a pharamcist if you worried about skin cancer. I'm annoyed because I thought he was a doctor.

nomorepanic
27-09-18, 14:42
Yes I would because you have been told it is a blood blister for months now.

It is not skin cancer and you should know that deep down.

MyNameIsTerry
27-09-18, 16:28
Just dropping in because we have had one of these practitioners at our surgery for a few years.

He's more capable than the GP's in certain areas and they would hand patients off to him. As an example, he had been in control of treating my mother's blood pressure issues, and the problems with all her meds, and is now treating her COPD.

I know from my own experience that the nurses at my surgery can't prescribe meds unless they are senior enough e.g. nurse practitioners (I think?) so the nurses hand us off to their seniors or the pharmacist rather than a GP.

He's not just a pharmacist, he's a clinical pharmacist which means a greater level of qualifications enabling him legally to practice at a certain level.

So, now you know the person you saw is very likely to be higher graded than the nurses you have been seeing do you believe they aren't qualified to diagnose a blood blister vs something that needs further testing or a doctor?

Our guy treats far more complicated things than a blood blister. When it comes the meds he's more qualified than any of our GP's.

If you still believe they aren't then you can only ever see doctors because there is a good chance the nurses are less qualified.

helenhoo
27-09-18, 19:45
I think it's because the receptionist said the pharmacist couldn't diagnose.

I suppose he wouldn't be seeing patients if he wasn't qualified too and if he wasn't sure, surely he'd say.

pulisa
27-09-18, 19:46

I suppose he wouldn't be seeing patients if he wasn't qualified too and if he wasn't sure, surely he'd say.

What do you think?

Scass
27-09-18, 19:47
Of course he wouldn’t see patients if he couldn’t diagnose.

At my surgery there are several nurse practitioners who aren’t allowed to sign prescriptions but can do everything else. They are often the same people you see when you go to urgent care.

pulisa
27-09-18, 20:24

How did your telephone interview go?

Catherine S
27-09-18, 22:45
Yes actually, i'd believe a pharmacist without question to be honest...sometimes more than a GP who has so much pressure to get through all of the appointments during a busy surgery day. I've had many consultations with pharmacists and they've always been spot on. They know their stuff...they are trained to do so, so it's a bit disrespectful to dismiss them in the way that you do helen.

But as Nicola and others have said here, it seems that even if God or Allah told you all was well you wouldn't believe them. I get that health anxiety manifests itself as such, but as has been said, after all the years you've been posting, surely something has gone 'kerching' for you?

I do agree with Nic in that so close to the birth of your baby, you need to step away from the forum for a time. Concentrate on motherhood and all that it involves, because believe me you'll have no time to post here about your own spots and pimples when your child is here.

Cath ☺ x

MyNameIsTerry
28-09-18, 02:09

Of course he wouldn’t see patients if he couldn’t diagnose.

At my surgery there are several nurse practitioners who aren’t allowed to sign prescriptions but can do everything else. They are often the same people you see when you go to urgent care.

But there is a difference between something as simple as a blood blister and a complex condition that requires a doctor. At my surgery we have a notice up telling to not even ask to see doctors about stuff like this to help reduce their load and to see a pharmacist first.

That's a standard pharmacist, not an advanced practitioner. Advanced means they are most likely "independent prescribers" too which means they need to be able to determine the required treatment and be able to authorise a prescription.

But my point was also that you have been going back & forth seeing nurses over the years and have accepted what they say as much as a doctor. This pharmacist could have been more qualified than them so why doubt him unless you are going to doubt everyone who isn't a fully qualified doctor?

I've quoted Scass in who mentions what I was getting at earlier. These nurses hand off to an "advanced practitioner" which at my surgery is the senior nurse or the clinical pharmacist. They can prescribe meds. From my understanding of my parents many visits to see these people, since they are now getting into late 70's they will be down there a lot more than before, these people only hand you off to a GP if they can't do it themselves for some reason, and more likely they go & speak to a GP and carry on managing your case. But to able to prescribe something without seeing the GP first must mean they are able to make some diagnosis, just as any pharmacist can or why are they telling us to see them first?

So, it's about scale to me. A blood blister is an everyday thing. There is a big difference between diagnosing a neurological condition, a cancer, etc to a cold or many other everyday complaints. These people also need to understand where their remit ends and the legal ramifications of not doing so. Any doubt and they won't risk their careers of a misdiagnosed cancer for a patient when it's simple enough to tell you to book in to see the GP.

Look at it another way. Your worry is about him not being capable to diagnose what you fear. A GP can't diagnose cancer either. There are many things a GP just isn't qualified to diagnose hence referrals to specialists.

Your anxiety can play that same game with "the GP is qualified to diagnose cancer so what if he/she is wrong?"

helenhoo
28-09-18, 09:18
thank you for your replies, as I said only worry was that I hadn't seen any difference yet was all and wasn't sure how long I should use until I do. Yesterday 2nd full day using it.

---------- Post added at 09:01 ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 ----------

I'm using twice a day but as I wasn't instructed how yo use it I'm guessing

---------- Post added at 09:18 ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 ----------

well I lie, the either the background is lighter or the red pools/bruises as be called them are darker?

Just rang the surgery I had my appt to speak with him on instructions buy because I'm not patient thete they won't transfer me (it's a sister surgery of my own which I explained. I rang *my* surgery and no doctors are in today, when I was told yesterday thete would be.

See I am trying to be logical and adult before posting herr.

MyNameIsTerry
28-09-18, 10:34
Pop into any pharmacy and they will explain it to you.

helenhoo
28-09-18, 17:23
I haven't been able to get to pharmacist today but will go tomorrow.

I've noticed the darker pools and on touch feels harder? I haven't jabbed it like usually do.

Catherine S
28-09-18, 17:30
Have you not got a midwife assigned to you? Usually they tell you to email or call them any time with any worries you have. They don't just look after the babies they look after the pregnant mum too. The time you spend asking people here could be spent chatting to the midwife about your fears, as anxiety can affect the baby and she'll be able to reassure you.

Cath S

Phuzella
28-09-18, 17:34
I guess the blister feels harder because you're leaving it alone. Carry on leaving it alone and it'll heal. :)

Elen
28-09-18, 17:52
helen this is a load of nonsense, use the cream and go think about something else

NancyW
28-09-18, 19:14
Somewhere in this thread Helen posted that she knows she's focusing on the blood blister to take her mind off of labor.

I'm not positive but that may have been a moment of clarity.

lofwyr
28-09-18, 21:32
The one sure way to make a blood blister persist is to poke, prod and otherwise irritate it. It is a cut that did not break the outer layer of skin. Until it heals completely and sloughs away, you will likely have it. And picking and prodding it will certainly prolong that process.

Catherine S
29-09-18, 00:58
Somewhere in this thread Helen posted that she knows she's focusing on the blood blister to take her mind off of labor.

I'm not positive but that may have been a moment of clarity.

The word for expectant mums would be 'labour' over here Nancy, but if that is true then that would explain a few things.

Cath S

NancyW
29-09-18, 13:26
The word for expectant mums would be 'labour' over here Nancy, but if that is true then that would explain a few things.

Cath S

Friends, family and especially my coworkers would beat me with a stick if I start putting random vowels into words. lol

I do wonder though and not just for Helen, but is it possible that hyperfocusing on "something" actually grounds the anxiety and in some way centers it and prevents either fcousing on something more frightening... or the extremely uncomfortable feeling of flailing, random anxiety that has no place to land?

Catherine S
29-09-18, 17:26
That makes sense yes. It's also a little like when we do have to focus on the big stuff, the small niggling anxieties fade away, either way it's grounding the anxious mind I guess.

Cath S ☺

MyNameIsTerry
30-09-18, 01:59
Friends, family and especially my coworkers would beat me with a stick if I start putting random vowels into words. lol

I do wonder though and not just for Helen, but is it possible that hyperfocusing on "something" actually grounds the anxiety and in some way centers it and prevents either fcousing on something more frightening... or the extremely uncomfortable feeling of flailing, random anxiety that has no place to land?

"Better the devil you know", "one pain lessens another", etc. Can be the case.

But whatever it doesn't (to me) make things better but maybe things aren't as bad as they could be if uncertainty if worse?

Hyper focusing on issues is just going to make obsession worse though. More compulsions feeding the cycle more.

But maybe you can tire yourself out so much you get sick of yourself and pick yourself up? I know my GF said that was the motivating factor in her depression when she hit the bottom. Sometimes I get like that and other times it goes the other way :shrug:

Not sure but it's certainly a valid premise.

helenhoo
30-09-18, 13:15
https://ibb.co/jo6AuK

this is after using it for six days once a day

lofwyr
30-09-18, 14:52
https://ibb.co/jo6AuK

this is after using it for six days once a day
Looks like it is healing just fine, what's the issue?

helenhoo
01-10-18, 20:02
hi all, I had a doctor's appointment so mentioned this blister and he said 'what makes you think its blister'

told him the senior nurse popped some of it bled that last week another pharmacist looked at it. He said it may be cyst but it does look and feel different since I've left it alone/using paste. It feels harder and drier. I'm now in a state of panic again as he questioned blood blister. I told him o have health anxiety and is it skin cancer to which he shook head and said 'didn't think so' but didn't want to say for sure as I wasn't his direct patient.

Scass
01-10-18, 20:40
Well it looks different because it’s been put through a lot. It’s been poked, prodded, plastered, unplastered etc etc. Keep on with the treatment as directed by someone who examined it properly and knows the history.

helenhoo
01-10-18, 21:04
https://ibb.co/edme8e this is after using paste with a breathable plaster for 8 hours. I'm now back to square one worrying about nodular melanoma.

nomorepanic
01-10-18, 22:17
Your toe nail doesn't look very healthy. What is wrong with that?

helenhoo
01-10-18, 22:32
its a mark from the plasters!

---------- Post added at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 22:30 ----------

im wondering if the magnesium paste may have dyed the skin cancer? because it's white, drier and harder.

NancyW
01-10-18, 23:55
Can't you just go to a dermatologist?

You need an answer once and for all.

helenhoo
02-10-18, 00:22
we don't have derms we can just go to in UK unless referred my doc. Part of me thinks hardening is the blister healing, the other part thinks skincancerskincancer. I think today's doc was more assuming I diagnosed blister but told him nurse had drained blood from it. I worried he was like 'that isn't a blister' but think it was more of a 'how do you know?'

why a derm, do you think it looks serious? the colouring changed since used the sulphate paste as instructed but don't know if its normal.

roseanxiety
02-10-18, 01:12
I haven’t read the whole thread but has anyone suggested that it could be a wart? It sure looks like one.

MyNameIsTerry
02-10-18, 01:42
Can't you just go to a dermatologist?

You need an answer once and for all.

Private yes. Otherwise it's a referral through the NHS, waiting many months and depriving another patient of an appointment they actually need.

You wouldn't get near a specialist over here for something so mundane. And if we could I expect HAers would be flooding them for that answer they need once and for all which they don't as they've already had a doctor's opinion that says it's nothing.

Reb, many times a GP has said to me or people I know "what makes you think it is..." and it's just a line of questioning to get you to tell them your symptoms & opinion.

In therapy you would also hear it used.

ErinKC
02-10-18, 01:52
I think it could be a wart also. Or something called dyshidrotic eczema. I get spots on my hands and feet sometimes that appear mysteriously last for a long time, then go away. My derm said that's probably what it is. I had one on my toe that lasted forever and looked similar to that.

It doesn't look anything like any melanoma picture I've ever seen, so I'm not sure how you even got to that conclusion. All kinds of weird things can grow on us, but they are rarely cancer. I had a weird thing randomly grow on my ear years ago. It showed up out of nowhere and grew to the size of a pencil eraser very quickly. I went in and had it removed and it was benign. I forget what my derm said it was, but some random growth that's usually seem only in kids. Just an odd thing.

I wish you could just see a dermatologist because they could tell you in a second exactly what it is and take it off for you so you can relax.

NancyW
02-10-18, 02:49
Private yes. Otherwise it's a referral through the NHS, waiting many months and depriving another patient of an appointment they actually need.

Ugh, that would drive me crazy. What's with "depriving another patient"? If I feel I need to see s dr, then Im seeing a dr, my issue doesn't come before or after anyone else, our right to care is equal. (Save emergencies) There seems to be a fair amount of guilt with NHS as this isn't the first time I've read it.

Our health care is sure nothing to brag about but if I feel like I need to be seen by a dermatologist today.. I'm going to see one today.

If I lived where you do, I'd be going private.

I actually took my son recently for a cyst, it cost $73 for the office visit.
Is it much more to go private by you?

Helen, if I were you, I'd go. I do not think it's anything dangerous but I also don't think it's a blood blister. It's either a cyst, wart or maybe even irritation from a shoe. It might need to be frozen off or cut out, it's not healing.

Please don't jump to the conclusion that it's cancer, there are many, many types of skin growths that are just that... a harmless growth. It doesn't mean they should be on you forever.

You've seen a nurse... a pharmacist... not sure what kind of dr you saw today... they haven't really gotten to the bottom of this. Today you got mixed messages which sure doesnt help your anxiety.You need a dermatologist to find out exactly what it is and how to get rid of it and put an end to it.

MyNameIsTerry
02-10-18, 03:21
Ugh, that would drive me crazy. What's with "depriving another patient"? If I feel I need to see s dr, then Im seeing a dr, my issue doesn't come before or after anyone else, our right to care is equal. (Save emergencies) There seems to be a fair amount of guilt with NHS as this isn't the first time I've read it.

Only those who need to see someone via a referral should be getting them. Therefore if you are a HAer who needs to get there to get beyond a GP for reassurance you will be sitting in a waiting room with people who have a need for a referral. That means you've also added +1 to a queue of months with potentially people behind you who need treatment.

For instance, it took my mum about 8-9 months to get to a dermatologist. Her GP had been treating her with various creams for months and getting nowhere. She had a valid need to be there. How many were there in those 8-9 months who wanted reassurance?

That's why GP's have to be careful as they are only making the system worse for all if they don't stop people pursuing reassurance testing.

Each of those visits is free to the patient. But they've taken money from the NHS budget for that appointment. It all adds up. And our governments don't keep pace with NHS needs so patients are already suffering.

Private is for well off people. We have insurance schemes and some employers add them as perks. For the vast majority of normal Brits there is no way you can afford the costs of private. We already pay for these services in our taxes anyway. A couple of grand for a MRI, a psychiatrist is around £200+ per visit so how much would a consultant in other areas cost? And I would dread to think how it would only fuel HA anyway when we have issues with the ethics of plastic surgeons operating privately on people with BDD. People do go private for things like laser eye surgery and much of our dentistry is private.

helenhoo
02-10-18, 04:16
wl the first nurse had a look and drained some of it bled a lot, she poked various holes and bled and she said blood blister.

I know you've not meant to but my anxiety is even worse now with even this forum questioning what it is.

MyNameIsTerry
02-10-18, 04:52
Try to remember that whilst some are offering a few possibilities they are also saying these things are everyday affairs. Those saying to see a dermatologist clearly state it is to get a firm answer from a specialist and not that it is something that requires specialist attention.

In respect of it being something benign everyone is in agreement.

helenhoo
02-10-18, 08:13
I understand, I do.

but why would it have bled like it did. She was certain. I watched blood blister videos and it bled like those.

Pharamcist said the same.

The hardening and white looking stain is since I've used the paste he prescribed (which is white). I'm worried its provoked a cancer?

---------- Post added at 08:13 ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 ----------

i feel like suddenly everyone on here is concerend now they have seen latest photo.

a wart doesn't bleed nor does a cyst but would a nodular melanoma bleed in same way (when poked)

wilky44
02-10-18, 13:24
How on earth do you "provoke" a cancer? Prod it with a stick?

Seriously though, 20 odd pages, numerous, unnecessary dr/pharmacist visits, a complete diagnosis, by trained professionals, and you still question everything. We can't help you, and if you don't believe the people who are trained, then what more can we do to help you? You don't need a dr/specialist/dernatologist, you need therapy.

Of course a blister isn't going to heal if you keep prodding, poking, pulling the scab off etc. Your ministrations are preventing it healing. Put a plaster on it, change it daily, and don't examine it. That's it, simple

helenhoo
02-10-18, 14:06
I have appointment eith nurse that I'd made to drain the blister but if it is a blisyer and is healing what should I ask her about it/to do with it? I'm there for a preg issue too.

lofwyr
02-10-18, 15:58
I have appointment eith nurse that I'd made to drain the blister but if it is a blisyer and is healing what should I ask her about it/to do with it? I'm there for a preg issue too.

You have simply got to leave it alone. Had you not had it poked and prodded, it would likely have sloughed off and been gone by now. If you leave it alone, it will heal and no more problems.

ErinKC
02-10-18, 16:03
Make a list of every question and worry you've had about it:

1. Could this be nodular melanoma?
2. How long should it take to heal?
3. How should I used the cream to help it heal?
4. Should I put a bandaid on it or leave it open?
5. Will the cream make it change color?
6. Should I have it removed?
7. Do you think it's a blood blister or something else?
8. What are the other things it could possibly be?
9. What should it feel like while it's healing - soft, painful, itchy, hard, etc...?
10. Could it be caused by the pregnancy? By stress?

And anything else you've been worried about. Read back over this thread and see everything you've worried about and write it down and ask.

helenhoo
02-10-18, 18:18
so I went, she said it was a blood blister/callous, the hard skin is healing and if I could air it out it would have gone a while ago but given its location its tricky. She said to leave it alone, the sulphate paste is useless because it's draw pus and this doesn't and hasn't had pus. She suggests using a heavy duty foot cream to soften it.

ErinKC
02-10-18, 19:41
Great new! Do you feel better?

helenhoo
02-10-18, 20:07
I do, she was nice like a friends mom who tells you like it is. She looked at me like a bellend but with pity, she said she knew how bad health anxiety is
I've also chased my therapy federal as I haven't heard anything back yet.

Catherine S
02-10-18, 20:21
It's good that you feel much more reassured after talking to her. Re your baby though helen..aren't you overdue? You were saying earlier in the thread that were actually due at the end of September. What has your midwife or gyne said?

NancyW
06-10-18, 13:33
Helen hasn't been online for 4 days, I wonder if she had her baby. Can't help but think about her. I hope she checks in soon to let us know how she's doing.

lofwyr
06-10-18, 18:03
I do, she was nice like a friends mom who tells you like it is. She looked at me like a bellend but with pity, she said she knew how bad health anxiety is
I've also chased my therapy federal as I haven't heard anything back yet.
It is awesome news that you are both free of the cancer worry, and even better news you are taking the anxiety to task and going for therapy.

Well done!

helenhoo
19-11-18, 22:51
hi everyone, thought I'd post to update. I am enjoying motherhood and had almost anxiety free few months. It has crept back occasionally, usually on days where i feel well.

Just wanted a non HA query regarding the callous blister, I have left it well alone and now it is peeling away at the edges. My question is whether this is normal process for blood blister/callous and if so, shall I peel it or let it be?

venusbluejeans
19-11-18, 23:31
just leave it alone to heal and congratulations.

MyNameIsTerry
20-11-18, 02:23
Let it drop off naturally I would have thought. If you pick to early and it hasn't finished healing underneath it just prolongs it.

Congratulations on your new baby! http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/mama/t6228.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/t-mama.php?page=2) I'm sure we are all very pleased to hear everything is well and the anxiety is also taking a backseat :yesyes::yahoo:

NancyW
20-11-18, 02:47
So good to hear from you, I've been wondering how you're doing and how the baby is. Congratulations!

I'd leave it alone to drop off on its own. :-)

AntsyVee
20-11-18, 05:40
Boy? Girl? Name?

Scass
20-11-18, 07:24
Great to hear from you and that you’re doing well. Yes, just leave it to continue healing. Congratulations [emoji846]

helenhoo
20-11-18, 08:18
Thanks all. Baby J, was dramatic birth so think that put a lot into perspective but loving being a mother.

Scass
20-11-18, 16:20
I do think you find out how much strength you have. I’m pleased for you.

brucealmighty
20-11-18, 17:46
glad you`re both well, you`ll probably find you`ll be very busy with the little one and think less and less about your own worries. the tiredness is tough but all the other bits are miraculous so congratulations and all the best with everything