PDA

View Full Version : What A Day............

nanny
15-08-07, 15:54
Hi all just thought i'd tell you about my relaxing Sunday....NOT

Well, in our house most sundays are race day, by that i mean hubby races classic dirtbikes and off we go miles here, there and everywhere to do it, and it's usually a fun, relaxing day..............this is how this weeks went!!

Left home at 6.am coz had to travel 2 hours to get to venue, when we got there we found out the silly woman who sent the address gave us the wrong postcode so of course the tom tom didn't take us there but blinking miles away, anyway eventually found it at 10.25 at which time hubby had 5 minutes to change and get ready to race, and didn't i give that woman what for, so arrived the pair of us really stressed.
had a cup of tea set up for the day and eventually calmed down.

Hubbys first race comes round i go watch him, he done well, when walking back to van some dickhead of a rider thought it funny to go through a muddy puddle and splash me:curse: :curse: well there i was with a gob full of mud and absolutley covered from head to toe, so looked like a scarecrow all day. hubby's 2nd race comes round after that finished i thought right no B****R is going to get me this time so walked around a different way, no bikes were going that way or people NO WONDER WHY, the nice flat grass bit turned out to be a bloody BOG so there i was up to my knees in what looked like cows S*** but was infact mud, there was hubby creased up with laughing and there was i not knowing whether to have a hairy fit, scream or what.

To top off the day, the traffic on the way home was horrific so despite leaving at 5.pm we still didn't get home sorted and settled to eat until 9 pm.

I can laugh now but if anyone had mentioned the word racing up until today i would have hit them.....and i'm not violent.

Next race day is 5 weeks away thank goodness so i think i'll have enough time to settle down before that one don't you.:wall:

kazzie
15-08-07, 19:37
Sounds like a fun day Nanny:D :D :D

Luv Kaz x x x

honeybee3939
15-08-07, 20:38
Ohh Poor you Nanny !!

All that mud:ohmy: ...my husband as a pair of fishing wellies that come right up to his shoulders.i will lend you them for the next meet-up !!lol:winks:

Love and hugs
:hugs: :hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

nanny
16-08-07, 08:00
:sign20: :sign20:

I think i'l take you up on them wellies :D no doubt i'll need them

trac67
16-08-07, 08:37
People pay loads of money for a mud bath at a health spa and you got yours for free lol

Hopefully the next one will be dry for you :yesyes:

Love

Trac xxx

nanny
16-08-07, 08:40
Thanks trac :D :D but it didn't do me much good i can tell you:blush:

groovygranny
16-08-07, 13:32
Oh Nan,

I laughed soooo much when I first read your PM - and now you've started me off all over !:roflmao:

I'll say it again - what a dutiful wife you are :notworthy::noangel: hehe !!

And, I'll apologise once more for gaining entertainment over your predicament lol !!:madness:

It is comforting to know GG isn't the only one who has these 'life moments' !!

Shoulder-length wellies, great idea - just make sure they're a nice beige will you? lol !!

Can't wait for the next race Nan - not that I'm wishing any mishaps on you or anything of course :ohmy::blush::yahoo:!!!

:hugs::hugs:

:flowers:

nanny
16-08-07, 14:25
GG you're bloody wicked, :lac: i don't know how you can sleep at night:D BEIGE or not i'm getting me some of those wellies but knowing my luck something will still find it's way down to my toes i expect:wacko: lets hope it's not anything indescribable:ohmy:

well it gave everyone a laugh, even me when i'd got over my embarrassment:winks:

if there's a next "you've been framed" installment i'll be sure to let you know.

:blush: :ohmy: :sofa: :emot-wave: :flowers: :flowers:

beauty
16-08-07, 14:31
haha :ohmy: oo no thats the kind of thing I'd do!! Hope youve relaxed after such a disastorous weekend!! xx

nanny
16-08-07, 14:38
Hi Beauty :)

only just gal, only just, It took till yesterday before i could bring myself to hear the word racing again:D :D what made it worse was hubby standing there nearly wetting himself with laughing when all i wanted him to do was go and box the blokes ears:blush:

..........I'm not really violent............:wall: :curse: :curse: :curse: