PDA

View Full Version : Worrisome mole

Oirgano90
14-08-18, 18:43
Hey folks, so I've got a new mole in my groin. It's about 8 mm, asymmetric (weird butterfly shape), but uniform in colour and as far as I know hasn't changed since I noticed it over 1 month ago.

My regular doc wasn't too worried, but since she referred me on anyways. Since derm appointments take so long and it wasn't an emergency she referred me to a doctor who had a bit of derm experience in form of a diploma. She didn't think it was super worrisome, but thought it should be biopsied anyways because it is new and a bit irregular.

I am 25 with no family history.

However, since the mole is in a funny location she didn't want to biopsy it herself and sent me to a plastic surgeon who is experienced in skin cancers. He took a look with magnifying glass and said it doesn't seem worrisome at all and thought that biopsy is not necessary. However he left the door open for it, but I would have to pay for it out of my own pocket.

Now I am not super anxious about this because as I said the mole hasn't changed, but at the same time I still have some doubts. What would you do?

Cheers!

MRS STRESS ED
14-08-18, 19:20
l would listen to what they have said to you if he or she isn't worried that's positive just keep a check on it if it changes go back try not to overthink xx :D

Oirgano90
14-08-18, 19:29
l would listen to what they have said to you if he or she isn't worried that's positive just keep a check on it if it changes go back try not to overthink xx :D

Thank you. :)