PDA

View Full Version : Lymph node behind the ear

zebra
15-08-18, 06:00
Hi,i have one little lymph node behind my left ear.i went to the doctor, he said nothing to worry about,if it will not go away in 3 months,then come back.my blood test is completely ok.i have no problems.but the small node is still there.now it is 2,5 weeks.i noticed it 2 days after i was at new hairdresser and i had a reaction on hair dye.the colour was with pdd and my scalp became completely itchy and red.
In the past i had a lot of external otitis in this ear...

.Poppy.
15-08-18, 16:44
Sounds like it's either up as a reaction to the dye or else it's just permanently up because of past issues.

Swollen lymph nodes are good to get checked out, but they're not necessarily a sign of anything sinister. I have one behind my ear that I've had for years...probably at least 20 years now! I had another under my chin/jaw that I had for probably around 10 years or so, I assumed it was always going to be there, and then it went away.

If your doc were concerned he would have referred you to another doctor. Your blood test is good, you're fine.

Also, pro tip: poking and prodding the node will just make it stay up and can even make it bigger. That might be part of your problem.

zebra
15-08-18, 17:24
Thank you!!

zebra
13-09-18, 15:01
hi, it is month and some days and the node behind my ear is smaller, some days i cant even feel it.if it was something sinister, it wouldnt shrink, right? only for clam down my anxiety....thank you very much..
p.s.my blood test is ok, i was at 3 doctors, they touch it and told nothing to worry about, but no scan was done...

.Poppy.
18-09-18, 19:34
Correct - if it were dangerous, it would grow. Shrinking is good, it means that whatever triggered it to react (and it could be anything, really) is leaving your system. So congrats - you have normally functioning lymph nodes!

RadioGaGa
18-09-18, 21:32
I had a similar thing many years ago. Although, strangely, never consulted my doctor about it. It gradually faded and went away. Although it did take it a while (probably six months or more). That was about seven years ago now.

As you've had it examined, I wouldn't give it any more thought.

Best of luck