PDA

View Full Version : I can’t believe this is anxiety

Emls78
15-08-18, 12:17
This is my first post so forgive me if I ramble or sound slightly mad. For 8 months I’ve been having all sorts of health concerns which has sent my anxiety through the roof. I’ve had ecgs, chest X-rays, ct scans, echo, you name it I’ve had it and they can’t find a reason for how I feel except anxiety. My symptoms range from horrendous headaches with neck pain and dizziness also pressure in face and a feeling of not being with it, chest pain in many places, palpitations, strange vibrations and fluttering in chest. I’m exhausted physically and mentally, have stomach pains and to some degree some ibs. I do have some good days but mainly bad and I spend some days just crying. I hide how I feel from my children and my partner just doesn’t get it! My mum and dad are fantastic but again I try not to worry them, friends are great too but I worry they’ll think I’m mad! Some days I can’t even pull myself together to go to the shop through fear of dizziness or that I’ll drop dead of a heart attack or something else terrible. Sounds dramatic i know but it’s truly how I feel. Doc has perscribed fluoxetine but I’m terrified to take it as I had a bad reaction to sertraline. Does anyone else feel like this? How do I help my mind believe this is anxiety and that I’m fit and well? I can’t bare the thought of being like this forever 😔

MRS STRESS ED
15-08-18, 13:22
qReally sorry to hear how you're
feeling l can totally relate to you
and probably most people here
anxiety is awful its debilitating
it can make you feel like you are
ready poorly or worse, have you
tried cbt worth ago.

You need to realise its all anxiety
and it causes havoc on our bodies
you need to learn to relax believe
it can't hurt you, try some breathing exercises this helps

also relaxing to some music helps,
try to focus your energy on something positive
dont let it win keep going forward
believe wishing you well xx

Emls78
15-08-18, 14:10
Thank you for your kind words. Some days I feel positive I can beat this and then I’ll have a bad day and give up. I’m on a waiting list for cbt but the wait is 4 months! I’ll keep practising my breathing exercises but I don’t find they help or maybe I’m not open to them helping. I feel that nothing I do distracts me from how I’m feeling 😔

MRS STRESS ED
15-08-18, 14:32
l know it's so so hard to find a distraction because we focus
on how ill anxiety is making us
it is a vicious circle, you need
ignore your symptoms totally
keep telling yourself you're ok
its anxiety it wont hurt you l
wish you luck and keep busy xx

sammie13s
16-08-18, 21:27
Iv had headaches and dizziness everyday for 10 weeks. It's deliberating yet so real and frightening. I already take mitazipine. Had my dose upped but still no improvement. Iv now been referred to Neuro. This has changed my life completely. I don't go out at all anymore. My mind is overactive constantly thinking or mind chatter. Daft silly thoughts and just totally freaking out all the time as I always feel spaced out and my vision is different to. Very scary x

Emls78
17-08-18, 07:56
I know what what you mean about the over thinking and mind chatter, it’s like I can’t turn my brain off. No matter what I’m doing, I can talk to someone and answer in all the right places but not take any notice of what they’re saying, I can watch a programme and not know what’s happened, all because I’m stuck in my own thoughts. Nothing distracts me and I mean nothing. My headache makes me feel it’s pulling my eyes to one side ( I know that sounds odd 😳) and I’ll get an intense pull that makes me feel dizzy for a split second but it freaks me out every time and I panic that I’m actually going to fall to the floor. Anxiety is cruel and right now I can’t see a way out 😔. I hope you get on alright with the neuro and can get some answers 😃

Kittenrain
04-09-18, 00:31
I know how you feel.i am sure my husband is tired of me complaining, and I hide it from my children too.
I used to like going shopping even if it was just to look around to get out of the house, but now I have too much anxiety and prefer to stay home in case something goes wrong.
I have had all the tests and all the symptoms that you have. Even the eye headache that kinda pulls the eyes. I have jaw pain and neck pain. All kinds of pain.dizziness. Trouble breathing heart palpitations.... It's horrible. Sometimes I feel like I am walking crooked because I get dizzy.. I don't have much help for you but I wanted to say you are not alone.