PDA

View Full Version : Nervous about hpv

goldie84
15-08-18, 16:41
little tmi but I’m seriously so worried. So my doctor called and said I still have the hpv high risk (16) and he’s waiting on my pap results to see if I need to get a colposcopy or not ... I’m so nervous and frustrated!!!! I have had this for 3 years now with my paps ranging from slightly abnormal to normal and now I’m freaking out that my body isn’t surpressing the hpv! Anyone else been in my boat? I just get so paranoid that something bad is going to happen since my body can’t rid of it. I just had a baby and keep breaking down thinking I won’t get to raise him.

sammie13s
15-08-18, 17:40
I have the hpv virus luv. My last smear was abnormal. I had a colposcopy and it came back normal. I was put back to normal smears. That was around 3 years ago. I haven't had a smear since x

goldie84
15-08-18, 18:36
Hi there hanks for the reply. Does your pap still show positive hpv?

sammie13s
16-08-18, 21:23
I haven't had a smear since luv x

nhelen79
17-08-18, 01:30
How soon did you have your pap after your delivery? I was tested after 6 weeks postpartum and it came back abnormal. I was worried for entire year. Next year it came back clear and have been clear since. I read that if you test too soon after delivery, result won’t be correct.