PDA

View Full Version : Visual hallucination?

Mostu
15-08-18, 19:11
22 male here. After a relatively anxiety-free period, I started obsessing about my vision. First, I noticed that when I jolted my eyes from left to right I was able to consistently reproduce an arc shaped flash, and after a lot of research I had eventually come to conclussion that those are called flick phosphenes and are benign in my case. However, since then I pay a lot of attention to my vision and here's what happened today:

I've been using my laptop for couple hours, when I decided to get off bed and make something to eat. When I came back to my room and looked at the pillow, it briefly looked like it had a red horizontal line on it (the pillow is white). After blinking and looking again it was gone, but when I sat down and looked at the blanket in front of me, it had the same red line! And it also went away after blinking. It was kinda like an afterimage or a floater, here's how it kinda looked: https://i.imgur.com/W8MO1CH.png

I wouldn't worry but like 2 weeks ago while watching a film I noticed a white horizontal flash in my peripheral vision, which was probably caused by some light reflecting through my window for a second, but because of the today's occurence I'm really stressed that those are hallucinations due to an occipital lobe tumor. Anyone help please?

Fishmanpa
15-08-18, 19:15
I noticed that when I jolted my eyes from left to right I was able to consistently reproduce an arc shaped flash

You're doing something that no person ever does under normal circumstances. It doesn't surprise me it would cause a normal visual anomaly.

Otherwise, you're just hyper-focused on your eyes, thus noticing more normal visual anomalies.

Positive thoughts

Mostu
15-08-18, 19:20
Yeah I do know that, my post is more about what happened today, the part you quoted was just kind of a backstory lol.

Fishmanpa
15-08-18, 19:21
Yeah I do know that, my post is more about what happened today, the part you quoted was just kind of a backstory lol.

Otherwise, you're just hyper-focused on your eyes, thus noticing more normal visual anomalies.

Positive thoughts