PDA

View Full Version : hello i am new

tana
06-01-05, 12:53
hi every one i am 42 years old a single mother of two ,am on tablets since sunday,very frightened,but needed to take a possitive step hopefully for the best,i have recently been in hospital suffering a severe anxiety attack it was sceary,my battle has been most of my life,but took a turn for the wordt last september when i crashed my car,then 2days later my daughter was taken to hospital by ambulance with keto acitocis she was diagnosed diabetic insuline deppendant in 2002,it was horrific seeing this 13 year old having needles inserted in all places to find a vein,it took 3 hours i cried and cried,why her its not fair,a week later she came home by which time i had been given notice at work, this added to everthing,so here i am intoducing a small part of my fears to you,lookin foreward to meetiny everyone ,tana x

jharris

Karen
06-01-05, 13:42
Hi Tana

Welcome to the site. It seems that you had a number of stressful and worrying situations happen within a short period of time which anyone would worry about and it is worse when you suffer from anxiety anyway.

The medication will take a few weeks to kick in and can increase anxiety in the short term so try to stick with it.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

jill
06-01-05, 14:33
Hi Tana

Welcome to the site

There are lots of nice people here
who will give you help and support.

JILLXXX

All problems have a begining and an end!

Meg
06-01-05, 14:47
Hi Tana,

What an awful run of events. Its not surprising that you are struggling to cope with things and need some extra help and support.

Ketoacidosis is dreadfully frightening. I hope she and you got some education into how to avoid this situation happening again.
Does your 13 take her IDDM seriously enough, its very hard at that age- shes too old for you to do it all for her and too young to take on the whole responsibility of it all .

Are you working at present ?

I would hope that your doctor also suggested a counsellor or such like as whilst the medication will help you cope - your issues are in response to situations that you may get over better if you could discuss them with someone.

How much support and real help do you get from your family and friends ?

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

malificent
06-01-05, 19:33
Hi Tana

I hope we can all help you here. I have found this site/forum entirely helpful, the people are lovely.

Lucy
xxx

nomorepanic
06-01-05, 21:02
Hi

Welcome aboard.

I see you worked out how to post ok so I hope my PM helped.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

sal
07-01-05, 14:08
Hi Tana

Welcome to the site, you will get lots of help, advice and support on here.

You sound to have had a really hard time, led by some very hard events.

What tablets have the doctors prescribed you? I hope they help but remember they take time to work hon.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

tana
08-01-05, 15:40
hi sal the tablets are called cipralex 5mgs at first i was increasinly anxious,but after a week i feel o.k,i dont cry after taking my daughter to school i dont cry when i see children suffereing i was so bitter about what i have to deal with each day annoyed at everyone thinking in my head-they dont see her when she is having a hypo and shes screaming nasty things to me,eyes rolling back not wanting the sugar,they only see me as oh theres juli the strong mother of two ! those thoughts are now far away,i feel quite happy at the moment x

jharris

Meg
08-01-05, 17:01
Tana,
Glad you're feeling better today .

You are the strong mother and you will do well but seeing your child unwell and potentially dangerously ill is very stressful.

I would advise that you do need to see someone who you cantalk to about the bitterness and anger that you have regarding her illness.
Does Diabetes UK or similar have a support group you could join ? It may help you to be able to speak to people who understand that particular condition and can offer personal experiences.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance