PDA

View Full Version : Worried to death after I inhaled polystyrene

HullSimplibus
15-08-18, 23:19
I inhaled a bit of polystyrene when breaking it up to put it in the bin..I have no idea if it was big or small. I know I started coughing. Nothing came up.

And I searched google, and it said it can cause a heart attack or something. I am sweating :scared10:

nomorepanic
15-08-18, 23:24
Never heard of that before. What sort of sites are you looking at?

Fishmanpa
15-08-18, 23:34
At worst, you may get a little skin irritation from handling dust in large amounts (which you didn't) but inhaling it? IF it actually happened, but realistically, it didn't.

Positive thoughts

lofwyr
16-08-18, 04:01
I work with it regularly in my profession. You have to sand it to get into particles small enough to breathe in, and even then you would have done a lot of it to damage anything. Most likely you inhaled some dust in the work area.

LunarCoffee
16-08-18, 04:39
Does anyone else get that occaisonal thing where you're chewing and are swallowing, then suddenly sharply inhale because of something funny or something, then feel it uncomfortably in the throat or something? Every time I do that I generally start coughing, and it just feels really weird. Even so, if you were breaking up conventional polystyrene, those pieces are way too big to inhale.