PDA

View Full Version : worried there is something seriously wrong with my nerves

caitlinn
16-08-18, 00:04
so basically for over a month now i’ve had this sensation in my big toes when i brush them against something like my bed sheets or if i stroke them, it’s really hard to describe but it’s just a different feeling than it was before and than the rest of my toes, maybe desensitised? i went to the doctors and he said it was probably nerve damage since i started a retail job so i’m on my feet a lot and said if it didn’t go away in a week i could come back and get a blood test, but i just got one anyway since my diet is quite horrendous so i thought a blood test would be sensible either way, i was tested for 5 different things and all came back normal, but it’s been over a week and the sensation is still there, and i now have another sensation in my left heel. at the very back of the bottom of my foot, when i lift my leg up there is a tingling sensation, it almost feels as if the skin is too tight and being stretched? or like a sharp pin sensation but it feels deeper than skin level. i’m really concerned that something serious is happening with my nerves now that the other end of my foot is involved and that it will progress and change my life, if anyone has any idea what this could be please help :-)

caitlinn
16-08-18, 15:21
sorry to push but i’m really freaking out, i just found out that ms is most commonly diagnosed in people in their 20s and 30s and as a 17 year old this has really made me worried

lofwyr
16-08-18, 15:37
"Just found out" smells like you googled? If you google, I promise you it will get worse and worse. So many fear MS or other neurological issues on this forum because of googling, and because anxiety symptoms mimic it so well. I encourage you to read the sticky on this forum about MS.

caitlinn
16-08-18, 15:39
"Just found out" smells like you googled? If you google, I promise you it will get worse and worse. So many fear MS or other neurological issues on this forum because of googling, and because anxiety symptoms mimic it so well. I encourage you to read the sticky on this forum about MS.

yeah i did google as i thought reading the incidence rates would reassure me but it made it worse. i feel like it isn’t anxiety because i hadn’t been worrying much until this happened, and it really feels like it’s my nerves. i read the sticky but as it was more focused on people who had been to the doctor already im still worried

Fishmanpa
16-08-18, 15:48
You've had a medical professional check you and give you a diagnosis. You can accept that or get a 2nd opinion. No one here can assume anything else.

Just as an FYI. I have peripheral neuropathy due to cancer treatment. It affects my feet mostly so I know what nerve damage feels like. You just get kind of used to it after a while and I take medication to lessen the physical symptoms.

Positive thoughts

caitlinn
16-08-18, 16:54
You've had a medical professional check you and give you a diagnosis. You can accept that or get a 2nd opinion. No one here can assume anything else.

Just as an FYI. I have peripheral neuropathy due to cancer treatment. It affects my feet mostly so I know what nerve damage feels like. You just get kind of used to it after a while and I take medication to lessen the physical symptoms.

Positive thoughts

thank you, the doctor only knows about the big toe thing but not this new feeling in my heel which is what’s worrying me as i feel as though it is spreading, i’m just not sure whether i should go to the dr again about this

caitlinn
23-09-18, 21:20
not sure what to do, the heel tingling thing has stopped but the desensitisation in my big does is still there, not sure if i’ve just got used to it as i’m not noticing it as much anymore, but i just checked by stroking them and it is still there, the sensation seems most prominent around the outside corner near the nail? i don’t know if i should go to the dr again and say that it hasn’t gone away after months, does anyone have any idea what this is or what i should do

doxiemama
23-09-18, 22:32
Aww Caitlinn,
I'm so sorry that you are so frightened! You are so young, and I am sure very healthy! You did go to the Doctors, and he really believed it is from work. Try to believe him! He ran the blood test, and they were all good! You, and only you can be your own advocate! If it has gotten worse, or your not comfortable, go back! That is what they are there for, that is what you pay them for. However, if your comfortable riding it out, try really, really hard not to focus on it. Try some mindfulness, or coping strategies! I'm sorry I do not have an answer for you, but know I'll listen anytime your upset! About a year ago, I did have some numbness in the heel of my foot. I thought it was kinda strange also, I did run it by my doctor, and it truly was a pinched nerve. I had to do physical therapy for a couple months, and sometimes it still feels weird, but its okay, its a foot. Our feet work really hard holding us up all day. I'd be really tired, and numb also if I was a foot! I hope you feel better soon! :hugs:

ErinKC
24-09-18, 01:51
I have SO many nerve issues. I think mine are a combo of anxiety and screwed up discs from pregnancy/birth and horrible posture... and probably being over weight and eating terribly. Here are some of the things I've had in the last few years:

1. vibrating on the top of my foot
2. tingling in my shoulder blade
3. numb toes
4. cold sensations in my calf
5. tingling eyes, ears, lips, nose, temples
6. severe sciatica pain
7. numb pinky and ring finger
8. sharp pain shooting through my face
9. neck pain
10. back pain

---------- Post added at 22:51 ---------- Previous post was at 22:39 ----------

11. sharp pain shooting down the back of my arm