PDA

View Full Version : I can’t control my feelings

Emls78
16-08-18, 08:00
I’m sat here writing this in tears. I’m convinced I’ve got something awful wrong with me but many doctors tests say otherwise. The adrenaline rushes, chest pains and palpitations with strange chest vibrations are just too much to deal with. I have this feeling of intense fear in my whole body and I can’t control it. I feel like I’m gonna burst or have a heart attack or something. My whole family is getting annoyed with me and say I need to get a grip which just makes me feel worse and alone. I don’t know what to do 😔

welsh girl
16-08-18, 09:37
No, you are not alone,many get the symptoms you describe including me,
Don't worry it is anxiety I am sure.I have now accepted what it is and hopefully I am improving ,
Mind you I have driven my Dr up the wall visiting every week, but is lovely getting reassured,
Doctors on the whole are very kind, go and see Him/ Her

Emls78
16-08-18, 13:06
Thanks for your reply. My doctor is also great although I worry about trying his patience as I am a regular visitor. Some days I can be positive but they are days I don’t feel too bad, then I have a run of bad days and fall apart again. Sorry you feel the same as me but it does reassure me I’m not alone, how did you accept it is anxiety? Did it just happen over time? 😀

Elizabeth Fry
16-08-18, 13:29
I often feel as you do. In fact I have just taken 40 mgs of a beta blocker to calm the palpitations down. It is nothing to worry about but difficult to cope with. You are not alone and we are all thinking of one another in these demánding situations.xx

ankietyjoe
16-08-18, 13:55
This is common to almost everybody with anxiety, I would guess at least 75% people experience exactly what you're experiencing now.

As weird as it sounds, the best thing to do is just let it happen and try and focus on something else.

Actively slow your breathing down, take deeper slower breaths and tell yourself that it will pass. The only thing you CAN control with anxiety is how you react to it, and that reaction is what will help you recover from it over time. That reaction is more powerful than anything else you can do.

Emls78
16-08-18, 15:10
Thank you everyone for your replies, it certainly helps to feel I’m not alone and have somewhere to go to say the things my family get annoyed with. My reactions are always to run away or sit and cry. An hour ago I was in a local shop, got awful chest pains and went straight home as I was starting to feel my breathing get shallow and I was going to panic, I really should of stuck it out and faced it coz now I’m too scared to go back out 😔

---------- Post added at 15:10 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

Does anyone also get strange headaches that make you feel a bit cross eyed with like a dizzy feeling. I never get properly dizzy just a feeling like that’s what will happen? Sorry if I sound neurotic. I’ve had a head ct which was clear but these headaches etc still continue xx

ankietyjoe
16-08-18, 15:20
All the symptoms you can suffer with anxiety will have been experienced by people here at one point or another. Anxiety can cause hundreds of different symptoms, often multiple symptoms at the same time.

You are correct to say that you should have stayed out and faced it, but that has to be at your own judgement. Everybody runs at first, it's the natural thing to do in the flight or fight response. You are experiencing the flight part.

When you feel ready, I would suggest going back to the same shop and letting whatever happens happen. That's pretty much how CBT works. Let the anxiety happen and just tell yourself that you know it'll pass, because it will.

sammie13s
16-08-18, 21:31
Everything what you have said iv had it for over 12 years. It's all very much anxiety. What helped me massively was exercise. You need to release that extra adrenaline your having. I promise you it will help xx