PDA

View Full Version : Cold throat sensation triggering panic

Bonnibelle
16-08-18, 14:35
In recent weeks I've been struggling with panic attacks and the trigger seems to be a sudden cold throat sensation. My throat feels cold like minty sensation almost, like how you feel after sucking a mint maybe. Weirdly it triggers panic and I panic i cant breath, my stomach clenches and I shake.

It's a new type of panic attack for me. I've been suffering from them for 8 months now, they had got better and now suddenly they've returned in a new ish way.

It's so silly a cold throat triggers me to panic. They were daily the first 2 weeks but I've just gone 10 days without it until last night when my throat felt cold and wham panic hit. I'd been very stressed all day and overwhelmed though so felt extremely sensitised prior to it hitting.

Can anyone relate to this cold sensation at all? My husband thinks I'm just very high sensitized and noticing things more intensely.

Thanks

Bon

Bonnibelle
23-09-18, 07:25
Has anyone had this? I'm still getting it and it has made me obsess over my breathing all day its so frustrating and miserable.