PDA

View Full Version : Scared of melanoma in full panic mode again

Hypo84
16-08-18, 17:33
Hello everyone. I was fine for quite some time, haven't posted here in a while. Then I saw vertical line on my big toe nail and though well probably nothing, but today decided to Google a bit and yeah, vertical lines on nails can be a type of melanoma.

I have posted a picture below. Has anyone had similar thing before?

https://i.imgur.com/ZIqpQaO.jpg

I have removed image tag as picture is enormous.

Fishmanpa
16-08-18, 17:38
I don't see anything out of the ordinary :shrug:

Positive thoughts

Hypo84
16-08-18, 17:57
There is a greyish vertical line on the right side of the nail...6mm in length.

Fishmanpa
16-08-18, 18:16
There is a greyish vertical line on the right side of the nail...6mm in length.

:shrug: Nope... I see a small bruise is all.

Positive thoughts

Hypo84
16-08-18, 19:39
Thank you!

NancyW
16-08-18, 20:10
I responded to you on Anxiety Central.

Fishmanpa
16-08-18, 20:17
I responded to you on Anxiety Central.

I need to look there to see if it's been addressed. It's typical HA behavior though. Could be on a dozen forums for all we know :lac:

Positive thoughts

Hypo84
16-08-18, 20:27
Only on 2. Posted at the same time ;)

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:21 ----------

As I wrote there, I was fine for quite a long time. Didn't have more than 2 posts in 2 years or so, and then posted once few months ago and now I fuc**d myself with Googling, even though this time I didn't even Google because of anxiety. Just wanted to check what it could be...big mistake

Fishmanpa
16-08-18, 20:40
Only on 2. Posted at the same time ;)

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:21 ----------

As I wrote there, I was fine for quite a long time. Didn't have more than 2 posts in 2 years or so, and then posted once few months ago and now I fuc**d myself with Googling, even though this time I didn't even Google because of anxiety. Just wanted to check what it could be...big mistake

I'm speaking generally. There are people with HA that posted on several head and neck cancer boards and I ended up finding them here as well as a couple other anxiety sites. Just saying the quest for reassurance runs deep in the dark side.

Positive thoughts

Stu1980
20-08-18, 14:48
Hi Hypo84

I went through exactly the same anxiety recently. Hopefully this will make you feel better....

I had a bruise, almost identical to yours on my big toe, immediately thought the M word. It turned out that new boots I'd worn had been crushing my toes! The bruise went black and then grew out over a matter of months. I managed to pick the dried blood off the end of my toenail when it reached the end.

A couple of things about Nail melanoma. Very rare at the best of times, even rarer in Caucasians. It tends to affect older people AND starts at the very bottom of the nail and grows upwards. Personally I wouldn't give it any further thought. :-) :yesyes:

Hypo84
20-08-18, 14:57
Hi Hypo84

I went through exactly the same anxiety recently. Hopefully this will make you feel better....

I had a bruise, almost identical to yours on my big toe, immediately thought the M word. It turned out that new boots I'd worn had been crushing my toes! The bruise went black and then grew out over a matter of months. I managed to pick the dried blood off the end of my toenail when it reached the end.

A couple of things about Nail melanoma. Very rare at the best of times, even rarer in Caucasians. It tends to affect older people AND starts at the very bottom of the nail and grows upwards. Personally I wouldn't give it any further thought. :-) :yesyes:

Thanks man!