PDA

View Full Version : Brain Cancer Anxiety

Airisto
16-08-18, 20:28
Hi, so I have been having severe health anxiety since april, it all started with breast cancer fears, then sarcoma, then lung cancer, so on and so on. in July I stopped worrying all together which made me so happy. Then early august I started getting weird headaches . they arent painful, they feel like someone is pressing down on the top left sided of my head. It'll travel a bit to the forehead, then the back of the head, but it stays on the left side, specifically on the top left part. I get it everyday for a few hours, mainly up until night time, lying down helps it go away.

Of course my health anxiety is telling me it is brain cancer, I tried to look up what causes this headache but i cant find any results for the area of mine. I feel like maybe since i have bad anxiety it builds up in my head now maybe? When I had a fear of cancer near my ribs I got very sharp pains there, and when I had a fear of lung cancer it got hard to breathe.

Has anyone gone through this? Should I worry at all? I really wanna fix this before I start school in the fall, thank you!

lucymarie
16-08-18, 20:30
Hi, so I have been having severe health anxiety since april, it all started with breast cancer fears, then sarcoma, then lung cancer, so on and so on. in July I stopped worrying all together which made me so happy. Then early august I started getting weird headaches . they arent painful, they feel like someone is pressing down on the top left sided of my head. It'll travel a bit to the forehead, then the back of the head, but it stays on the left side, specifically on the top left part.

Of course my health anxiety is telling me it is brain cancer, I tried to look up what causes this headache but i cant find any results for the area of mine. I feel like maybe since i have bad anxiety it builds up in my head now maybe? When I had a fear of cancer near my ribs I got very sharp pains there, and when I had a fear of lung cancer it got hard to breathe.

Has anyone gone through this? Should I worry at all? I really wanna fix this before I start school in the fall, thank you!

If you had a brain tumor you would know about it. As much as everyone who gets a headache thinks they are done for, brain tumors are very rare and the red flags are far more significant than non-painful headaches.

lofwyr
16-08-18, 23:02
Yes, I know two people who had brain tumors, one benign but had to be removed, the other unfortunately fatal. There was no questioning there was something wrong, and it wasn't about headaches. Headaches were the least of their problems.